2020 JLU 2.0L Throttle Response

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 2.0 Sport S Granite
I don't know man, my 2.0 definitely has a spot where it doesn't do anything on take off for at least a second. Granted, I'm not flooring it at every stop but it's specifically the reason I came and found this thread. On 10k kms on mine and it's been otherwise flawless. And it's been like this since I got it.
I forgot to ask if you have E-torque since it was standard on the earlier 2.0s. Probably is making up the difference here even though I've read on early posters saying there was a negligible difference, that may not actually be the case.

I don't have to smash the pedal at stop, and when the ground is wet I have to remind myself to be very light to prevent losing traction. I've driven an older JK and that lag was pretty bad but again these aren't sports cars.
Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I forgot to ask if you have E-torque since it was standard on the earlier 2.0s. Probably is making up the difference here even though I've read on early posters saying there was a negligible difference, that may not actually be the case.

I don't have to smash the pedal at stop, and when the ground is wet I have to remind myself to be very light to prevent losing traction. I've driven an older JK and that lag was pretty bad but again these aren't sports cars.
I do not. Mines a 21 without it. And yes, I would definitely say that's the issue.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
What's the install like?
In or around 15 minutes. Most of them are spent cleanly routing and zip tying the wires.

Most, if not all, modern vehicles with fly by wire throttle pedals have a programmed delay between a throttle input and the throttle body reaction. These controllers remove that delay and provide an instant throttle reaction. Also, they allow adjustment to how much or how little input is required to reach wide open throttle.

For on road daily driving, I like the lower end of the Ultimate (sport) mode. For bouncing around off road, I use Eco mode to desensitize throttle response which makes for a smoother ride for myself and passengers. Otherwise, every bump or dip would result in unintentional little whiskey throttles.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I do not. Mines a 21 without it. And yes, I would definitely say that's the issue.
Don't mean to jump in here, but my 19 JLUR has the 2.0 with eTorque and this throttle controller was money well spent. I never had any complaints as far as lag off of a dead stop, except for those situations where I'm waiting for a break in traffic to make a left across oncoming lanes. I don't seem to need quite as large of a window to shoot through with this idrive, compared to before I had it.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Don't mean to jump in here, but my 19 JLUR has the 2.0 with eTorque and this throttle controller was money well spent. I never had any complaints as far as lag off of a dead stop, except for those situations where I'm waiting for a break in traffic to make a left across oncoming lanes. I don't seem to need quite as large of a window to shoot through with this idrive, compared to before I had it.
How was the install?

Sponsored

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 2.0 Sport S Granite
Same, no complaints off a dead stop only when slowing down or in a crawl, and turning it up again. Thought about throttle control at one point but I need to be more passive driving. Got irritating coming up at 60,000 but the refresh brought back the pep.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Same, no complaints off a dead stop only when slowing down or in a crawl, and turning it up again. Thought about throttle control at one point but I need to be more passive driving. Got irritating coming up at 60,000 but the refresh brought back the pep.
I'm not at all a fast and aggressive driver. I let everyone race out ahead to get to the next red light, and enjoy only having to slow down before they're off again and out of my way. I just like a crisp and fast reacting throttle for those times that I need it.

slainte06

First Name
Fin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon, 4 Door, HellaYella

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That links takes you to one that is for Toyotas however it looks just like the one you have in your Jeep. Are you sure that's right?
I think the product has been switched up, so my link no longer lines up with our Jeeps.

Here's a better one...

https://hikeit.com/

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I think the product has been switched up, so my link no longer lines up with our Jeeps.

Here's a better one...

https://hikeit.com/
I used Hikeit on my JLs with the 3.6L but when researching for the 2.0L the Idrive seems to be more popular.
Sponsored