2018 jl 3.6 sludge in engine?

cripton805

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport w/ 6sp
Page 28 Section 10 "FCA US LLC will require you to provide proof that your vehicle was properly maintained."

I'm not trying to be a dick for OP just preparing him for what the steps the dealer will follow for a warranty claim
Of course they would put that on the last page and away from section 3.3. It should specifically be in the owners manual with the service intervals.

He should send the oil for an oil analysis. Should prove that the oil is not worn down.
Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
That is completely untrue. With advances in engine and oil technology, oil change intervals are easily double what they were back in the day. Anyone using the old “3 months or 3000 miles” rule of thumb is wasting their money. And using the oil life indicator to figure your oil change intervals is exactly what the manufacturers advise you to do.
Reason why I installed a valvomax. The job is like going to the gaa station to get gas. Oil is cheap, engines are expensive. I do 5k miles or 6 months. Sometimes the 6 months is 3k miles.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
My radiator does not have a leak. And I did not drive it hot

i called Chrysler corporation to file a claim with them , even the guy taking my claim was baffled that they were giving me a hard time over it so I’ll keep my fingers crossed and keep you guys updated .
You did though, you said so yourself. Head gaskets don’t just start leaking at 40k miles for no reason.

It overheated, and then you drove it anyway. Once a big bubble exists in the coolant system, flow stops, slows, or oscillates, creating localized hot spots.

It should be under warranty regardless. The dealer is crooked.

Reactions: GtX

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
Do you have a turbo? My kid is a diesel mechanic and told us to let our
gmc 3.0 Turbo diesel, idle for a minute or two, before shutting it off, to circulate oil from the turbo, for a cool down.
This will keep the oil from cooking in the Turbo.
I did my 3.6 at 2,000 and between 3,000 and 4,000 afterwards, cheep insurance and another reason I did my axels and transfer case at 10,000.
Love the drain plugs on my Jeep!

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have a turbo? My kid is a diesel mechanic and told us to let our
gmc 3.0 Turbo diesel, idle for a minute or two, before shutting it off, to circulate oil from the turbo, for a cool down.
This will keep the oil from cooking in the Turbo.
I did my 3.6 at 2,000 and between 3,000 and 4,000 afterwards, cheep insurance and another reason I did my axels and transfer case at 10,000.
Love the drain plugs on my Jeep!
Your manual tells you to do this too.

Sponsored

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
Reason why I installed a valvomax. The job is like going to the gaa station to get gas. Oil is cheap, engines are expensive. I do 5k miles or 6 months. Sometimes the 6 months is 3k miles.
It's too bad that no matter what we say or any proof we show, there are consumers that are going to embrace marketing and EPA bologna printed in the manual instead.

These oil life monitors are a joke. I have forgotten to reset mine and it comes on after my third oil change and over 9,000 miles. No way am I going to trust that.

I do my oil changes and lube chassis every 3,000 miles and visually check under the hood at every fill up. Also annual to biannual brake fluid, power steering, coolant, and diff fluid changes.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Mobil 1 full synthetic
I use Mobil 1 synthetic 0w-20 I never saw any white smoke .
Just FYI , Mobil 1 is not a Mopar approved oil per the owners manual spec. I Have been forcing myself to use Pennzoil ow-20 Ultra platinum. I wouldn’t tell jeep you were using that oil it might give them an excuse or reason to deny. I’m not saying which oil is better but jeep specifically requires a spec oil like pennzoil.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Absolutely not true. Mobil 1 API SN-Plus is equivalent to the current GF-6A spec.
Absolutely not true. Incorrect spec . 3.6 spec is MS6395 Put whatever oil in you want. Mine runs great. I recommend others read your manual check with jeep the same goes for dodge cars. This is not a new thing. Mobile 1 is not approved.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 jl 3.6 sludge in engine? BDCEAB29-94BA-4E41-BA19-CE71222C56ED

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh boy here we go with google images and Mobil 1 not being an approved oil. :headbang:

Sponsored

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Darn darn darn!! I just got caught up in another oil thread!! :lipssealed:

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s not approved to Chrysler’s bologna spec. You don’t know as much as you think you do.
Good info for sure. I wonder how many customers are bringing their Wranglers back after the dealer pumps the 3.6 overfull of cheap bulk Walmart Rotella that's not approved?
Sponsored