First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.0 Diesel - Firecracker Red
Occupation
Retired USN
I also have the aluminum asfir setup. I wanted aluminum to save weight and wasn’t ready to shell out $2000 for a full underbody system. I’m happy with it and don’t recall having to pay any special taxes on it. Easy to install.
I haven't installed my ASFIR engine skid yet. The install directions, if you can call them that, say to remove one of the cross members before installation. Is that cross member replaced at some point?
Sponsored

MILT

First Name
Milt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Honda technician
I haven't installed my ASFIR engine skid yet. The install directions, if you can call them that, say to remove one of the cross members before installation. Is that cross member replaced at some point?
No that cross member is replaced by the skid

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
No that cross member is replaced by the skid
Hmm. I wonder what the net weight gain after install is then. Was it the small one with the holes in it? Did you weigh the skid and hardware?

OP
OP
jason0341

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon
Hmm. I wonder what the net weight gain after install is then. Was it the small one with the holes in it? Did you weigh the skid and hardware?
It’s the one with the holes. It might weigh roughly 10lbs or so nothing major.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
It’s the one with the holes. It might weigh roughly 10lbs or so nothing major.
What was the ship weight on the engine skid plate? I’m a car guy still so I can’t stop caring about weight.

Sponsored

jt48324

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Rock Hard Aluminum bumper, Warn 10k, ASFIR aluminum skids, Westin rock rails, 35" Wild Peak A/T
I should get mine this week. I wrote the company asking for the weight and they provided the following?

547459 – Engine skid plate – 12 kg (26.4 lbs)
547465 – Transfer skid plate – 2.4 kg (5.3 lbs)

I did not order the fuel tank skid since there is already a light weight one on my Rubicon. Thought I'd see how that one holds up before I replace it. 32 pounds less the weight of the crossmember I remove seems pretty light to me for the protection.

Joel

Instaurare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0 turbo
I have a 2.0 JLR, are the same skids used for the 2.0 and the 3.6? And is there any interference with changing the oil filter on the 2.0? Thanks.

Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I have a 2.0 JLR, are the same skids used for the 2.0 and the 3.6? And is there any interference with changing the oil filter on the 2.0? Thanks.
If you go to the Asfir site, I believe there’s two different engine skid plates.

OP
OP
jason0341

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon
I have the full Rusty's skid system.
The skids are thick, heavy, and appear to be high quality. It installs very easy, aside from the fuel tank skid. The tank has to be lowered.

Warnings:
If you are not lifted, you will not be able to install the oil pan skid. There is an arm that attaches the skid to the motor mount that contacts the axle under compression.

Be careful with the fuel tank, even disconnecting everything during the install a pin got pushed in tripping a CEL.
Is this on the driver or passenger side? I just installed the ASFIR skids, I’m not lifted yet (soon to be 2wks) I wonder if there is an issue there as well under compression. any way we can see a couple pictures of yours? Thanks