Sponsored

0.75-1" Spring Spacers for JL?

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Please share back what you find out! Also also... post pics of course. Maybe I’ll end up with a Frankenstein spacer lift after all (with Daystar in the mix).
I went ahead and emailed them as well, asking about a 1.5” front option and/or buying the 1” rear on its own.

A 2” front isn’t the end of the world for me, though... just more motivation to add a front bumper :)
Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
That Traxda kit looks cool, but it a tad overpriced.

The thing that frustrates me is that all these kits lift the front more than the rear. The rear is set at 0.25" higher than the front from the factory so that you have a small amount of payload capacity without shining headlights into the sky. There is very little rake at all. By lifting the front higher than the rear, you're throwing all that out of whack, killing your aero, and it makes the Jeep just look stupid and unbalanced. I hate it.

I've been thinking about switching to the Daystar 1.75" front spacers because those would compliment my Rough Country 2" rear spacers perfectly.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
That Traxda kit looks cool, but it a tad overpriced.

The thing that frustrates me is that all these kits lift the front more than the rear. The rear is set at 0.25" higher than the front from the factory so that you have a small amount of payload capacity without shining headlights into the sky. There is very little rake at all. By lifting the front higher than the rear, you're throwing all that out of whack, killing your aero, and it makes the Jeep just look stupid and unbalanced. I hate it.

I've been thinking about switching to the Daystar 1.75" front spacers because those would compliment my Rough Country 2" rear spacers perfectly.
I’d love to agree that it’s over priced... but I look at the market and have to say, this seems to be competitively priced based on available options.

Supply is scarce and demand is there, so everyone with an offering has it priced higher than it should be.

Are there any front + rear leveling kits that are priced significantly cheaper? Asking out of true interest, because I haven’t bought anything yet. RC is the cheapest option I’m aware of but not totally sold on that amount of lift.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Well, the RC lift is 2.5 front and 2.0 rear, so virtually the same type of lift. Nothing extreme. And it's $165 on eBay with the discount code, or $180 elsewhere. That includes the spacers, shock extensions, bump stop extensions, hardware, AND a warranty against failures if your dealership won't cover them for you because you lifted the Jeep.

Heck of a deal if you ask me. Which is why I think the other companies offering the same thing or less for $100 to $200 more are crazy.

jmill012

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392XR, 22 Model 3 Performance, 22 Wagoneer
Traxda is awesome. Their kit is designed for the JL and the front spacer has uniqueness to it that they explained but I didn’t really catch it all. Long story short, they seem to have done a lot of research and know what they’re doing.

Here’s the best part!!!!

Based on my ask, and the fact that it seems to be popular here, they are going to make an1.5/1 inch and will have it on their website by early next week!!

And!!!

They gave me this code to post for a 25% discount.

facebook25

Last edited:

Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Trexda is awesome. Their kit is designed for the JL and the front spacer has uniqueness to it that they explained but I didn’t really catch it all. Long story short, they seem to have done a lot of research and know what they’re doing.

Here’s the best part!!!!

Based on my ask, and the fact that it seems to be popular here, they are going to make an1.5/1 inch and will have it on their website by early next week!!

And!!!

facebook25
Jackpot!!!

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Well, the RC lift is 2.5 front and 2.0 rear, so virtually the same type of lift. Nothing extreme. And it's $165 on eBay with the discount code, or $180 elsewhere. That includes the spacers, shock extensions, bump stop extensions, hardware, AND a warranty against failures if your dealership won't cover them for you because you lifted the Jeep.

Heck of a deal if you ask me. Which is why I think the other companies offering the same thing or less for $100 to $200 more are crazy.
Agreed, RC is the cheapest on the market that I know of. I mentioned them in my post because they are noticeably less.

My understanding is that they typically are, and most likely always will be, one of the cheapest options. I’d be all over them if they were a more mild option. It’s just not the right one for me, I don’t think.

I think other than RC, most options are priced competitively.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
What is the consensus of running a spacer lift with aftermarket shocks? I know [Banned Site] just did it with their Evo lift and Rancho shocks.
I don’t think there’s any problem. Just be sure the shocks are sized appropriately with or without shock extensions.

Should let more knowledgeable folks chime in, though.

Taxman

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ-7, 2018 JLUR
Occupation
CPA
Vehicle Showcase
Trexda is awesome. Their kit is designed for the JL and...they are going to make an1.5/1 inch and will have it on their website by early next week.

facebook25
Traxda FTW!!

Sponsored

Bingy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
Would adding a spacer lift or a budget lift require adjustable front and rear track bars? Was curious if anyone having them saw an axle shift. MY OCD would drive me nuts. Thanks for the help...

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Would adding a spacer lift or a budget lift require adjustable front and rear track bars? Was curious if anyone having them saw an axle shift. MY OCD would drive me nuts. Thanks for the help...
My understanding is that it’s generally not needed for something as mild as a spacer lift.

I have no actual experience, though - just lots of forum reading :)

Some have installed them if super picky, so it seems like maybe try without, and if you aren’t happy, then add them in?

Taxman

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ-7, 2018 JLUR
Occupation
CPA
Vehicle Showcase
The trackbar mounts on the JL are located much higher on the axle and as a result the axle doesn’t shift as much as the JKs with a small amount of lift (<2.5”). Centering the axles is generally only an issue for those running 3” or more of lift.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t think there’s any problem. Just be sure the shocks are sized appropriately with or without shock extensions.

Should let more knowledgeable folks chime in, though.
Yes, I was hoping to see a 0-2" lift shock from teraflex come out soon, and even better a coil lift. I haven't seen any for 1-1.5 though.