0.75"-1.5" lift recommendation

LizardBoy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2019 2.0L
I don't do any rock crawling but often have my stock Sahara JL on fairly rugged two-tracks in the western states. I'd like just a small lift of 0.75"-1.5" that'll give me a small amount of additional clearance and make a 33" tire 'comfortable' in the wheel well. I've looked at many threads here, but most seem to address lifts 2" or greater. although the Teraflex 1.5" does get mentioned now and again. Comments and recommendations please. Please include whether or not I would need a wheel spacers with your suggestion (including for the Teraflex). Thanks!
Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
My Sahara got precisely 1” up front and .750” out back from going to takeoff springs that were from a hardtop, steel bumper, tow group equipped Rubicon. (Part numbers ending in 61/62 for the front and 90/91 for the rear although 91/92 for the rear would likely net a bit more lift there.)

You can add Teraflex .5” spacers as you need to offset weight caused height changes. Personally, I added a winch and aluminum bumper and lost 3/4” height up front so I went with Daystar 3/4” spacers all around. They will offset the weight in the rear when loaded down for trips and at all corners I’ll still be good suspension geometry-wise and no bump stop issues for that small change.

Doing all of this, it’s highly recommended to go ahead and spend the $80 and order the Mopar lift’s 1/4” longer lower control arms (separately) that seem to give about a degree more caster for better highway steering. It’s less twitchy.

Last edited:

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
My Sahara got precisely 1” up front and .750” out back from going to takeoff springs that were from a hardtop, steel bumper, tow group equipped Rubicon. (Part numbers ending in 61/62 for the front and 90/91 for the rear although 91/92 for the rear would likely net a bit more lift there.)

You can add Teraflex .5” spacers as you need to offset weight caused height changes. Personally, I added a winch and aluminum bumper and lost 3/4” height up front so I went with Daystar 3/4” spacers all around. They will offset the weight in the rear when loaded down for trips and at all corners, I’ll still be good suspension geometry-wise and no bump stop issues for that small change.

Doing all of this, it’s highly recommended to go ahead and spend the $80 and order the Mopar lift 1/4” longer lower control seems to give about a degree more caster for better highway steering. It’s less twitchy.
Spot-on^^^
My sentiments exactly :)
And a thread I put up about the install of both (the LCA install is post#4)
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-suspension-on-2-door-sport.40700/

Willys_Wonka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUW

You can add Teraflex .5” spacers as you need to offset weight caused height changes. Personally, I added a winch and aluminum bumper and lost 3/4” height up front so I went with Daystar 3/4” spacers all around. They will offset the weight in the rear when loaded down for trips and at all corners I’ll still be good suspension geometry-wise and no bump stop issues for that small change.

Doing all of this, it’s highly recommended to go ahead and spend the $80 and order the Mopar lift’s 1/4” longer lower control arms (separately) that seem to give about a degree more caster for better highway steering. It’s less twitchy.
Dad joke, got any pictures to share?

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Like others mentioned, find some take off Rubicon springs and shocks. The rest is all the same.

I have a Rubicon, so I put in a 3/4" Daystar spacer F&R. Moving up to 315/70R17s next Saturday.

Jeep Wrangler JL 0.75"-1.5" lift recommendation 20230129_225305

Last edited:

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Dad joke, got any pictures to share?
Not handy. I’d posted some around here back in ‘21 after I got my MT Baja Boss AT’s on.
Sponsored