www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

i DD my company silverado. and weekend drive my jeep. i get withdraws during the week to get the jeep out and about lol
Sponsored

Ksvette

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport s
Yea
Nice, I've been tempted to buy a classic many times. I just don't have the setup to maintain one. And there are too many that I'd buy on the spot, lol.
We, I I had a better setup for work a few years ago. Long term is make that carport a garage, extend carport out. I have had that C3 since about 1999.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
my jl is my only daily driver.

ryanhulce

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I daily my Jeep 65 miles each way to work. 5800 miles now after two months. It does great. I came from a 2017 Tacoma and the Jeep is alot more comfortable and the mpg is close to my Tacoma.

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Currently, in Nevada, my 7 month old JLUR is my DD. Currently, I am shopping for another car for my DD needs.

My Jeep has nearly 14,000 miles in the past 7 months. Once the lift, new wheels, and tires are all installed, it will be mostly relegated to off road activities. Have been on the dirt a couple times a week. It’s been a blast, so far.

Sponsored

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
I am curious how many owners drive their jeep everyday no matter long their commute is and how many owners have a second vehicle. I do drive my jeep pretty much everyday for non commute driving but i also do over 100 miles per day for work which i leave up to my 06 subaru impreza. I will drive the jeep once or twice a week to work also.
When stateside the Jeep is my daily driver. Between 47 and 67 miles one way to work depending on which building I’m going to.

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
Toy only. Weekend rig. Going to store in winter too.

Frankly i get as much enjoyment looking at as much as driving it...well almost as much

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Yup I DD my jeep, about 60 miles total daily. It does great and is far more comfortable, safe and reliable than my old YJ. Averages 19 mpg which is also better than the YJ which somehow got like 17 mpg with 35’s. Probably because I drove like a grandma with 3.07 gears and a broken 1st gear. But seriously I was very impressed with the economy of that great old 4.0L, and I very much miss the 20 gallon tank and 340 mile range.

Dagwood

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 1999 Jeep xj, 2008 Scion XB, 2015 Scion XB, 1966 Ford F100, 1969 Oldsmobile
My daily work car is a 2008 Scion XB with over 200000 on the clock and going strong. It's been the best low maintenance car I've ever owned but I don't do it to save money. I do it because the parking lot at the plant is more treacherous than the worst trail you've ever seen.

Sponsored

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
Wife's DD, but she lets me drive it sometimes. Oh ya, I get to put gas in it and wash it too. She's a real sweetheart...

Baddog2020

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I traded in my CVT equipped Honda Civic for my 6 speed JLUR. I have a 60 mile a day commute on DCs notoriously bad beltway and 95 corridor. Seriously considered keeping the Civic as it is a perfect commuter car. Glad I didn’t- I love driving the Jeep- practicality be damned. Less than one month old and over 2k miles.
I too, am a Beltway Bandit. Had a GOV for 26 of 30 years. Retired, and went back to work 6 weeks later. Started driving our Mazda CX-9 and rode my BMW GS1200 when the weather was nice, but commuting on a bike is pushing my luck (with age comes wisdom?) So I got my Urban Assault Vehicle, 2019 Rubicon JLU as a DD. I feel so much safer now. Beats stewing in my own juices on 2 wheels and my wife is glad to have her Mazda back!

melman8r

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sarge Green JLR
I daily my Jeep 65 miles each way to work. 5800 miles now after two months. It does great. I came from a 2017 Tacoma and the Jeep is alot more comfortable and the mpg is close to my Tacoma.
Stick or auto, I have 2017 Tacoma TRD Off Road, looking to go to a Rubicon 2dr. How's the gas mileage compare?

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I was planning to pay off my JK and buy a Porsche, but realized that for the forseeable future I'm only going to have enough room in the garage for one car, and the driveway for one car, and having 3rd in the household would be a pain in the butt. So I'm going to upgrade to a JL instead and just use that as a daily. :)

Food for thought: A fully loaded Rubicon costs about the same as a minimally optioned Cayman.

ryanhulce

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Stick or auto, I have 2017 Tacoma TRD Off Road, looking to go to a Rubicon 2dr. How's the gas mileage compare?
I had a 2017 SR5 DCSB. Over 65k miles I averaged 21.3 MPG. So far, over almost 6k miles I am averaging 20.3 MPG. My Taco was an Automatic. I bought a 2019 Rubicon Unlimited, and it is running the M/T tires, so probably losing a little bit there. I plan on switching to the Falken AT3W's when these wear, I ran those on the Taco and really liked them. The Jeep is a lot nicer on the long drive than the Taco.
Sponsored