Sponsored

White dots after waxing

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
I pulledy keep in garage to wax it after a wash and when I pulled it out into sun I noticed hundreds of pin sized white marks almost like overspray. A small portion will come out if I rub it extremely hard with a cloth. Anyone know what the issue is ? I waxed dozens of my vehicles over the course of 20 years and never had a problem. It's mostly on the hood and half as bad on the doors.
Sponsored

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I pulledy keep in garage to wax it after a wash and when I pulled it out into sun I noticed hundreds of pin sized white marks almost like overspray. A small portion will come out if I rub it extremely hard with a cloth. Anyone know what the issue is ? I waxed dozens of my vehicles over the course of 20 years and never had a problem. It's mostly on the hood and half as bad on the doors.
What wax did you use? Sounds like it may not have been mixed. Try washing your Jeep again. Don’t scrub hard you’ll get create marring.

Grimace-912

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon and 9 other bikes, trucks, cars :)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Picts?

OP
OP

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
Nevermind it's all over the plastic fenders too that I never touched including the front grill. I hope it's not over spray. I live in a duplex house. The picture looks worse than it really is. The dots are not noticeable in the shade or if you step back a foot only in hard sunlight up close you notice it.

IMG_20190709_135331.jpg

IMG_20190709_145733.jpg

#4Jeep 1st Wrangler

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
appears to be some sort of over-spray ? I had something similar a few years ago ( they were painting road stripes/markings ) , looks similar.
I highly recommend using a synthetic clay to remove ( much easier to use than a clay bar) it's sort of like a rubber material attached to a sponge.
Still use soapy water for a lubricant , but had good results with it. Good Luck..

Sponsored

OP
OP

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
appears to be some sort of over-spray ? I had something similar a few years ago ( they were painting road stripes/markings ) , looks similar.
I highly recommend using a synthetic clay to remove ( much easier to use than a clay bar) it's sort of like a rubber material attached to a sponge.
Still use soapy water for a lubricant , but had good results with it. Good Luck..

I think neighbor was spray painting something white about 15 feet away by their garage a few weeks ago .it's on rear glass too ) :

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I would grab a clay bar and some lube or quick detail spray and clay the whole Jeep. If you dont feel comfortable with the clay you can always use a Nanoskin Auto scrub works the same way. Make sure you use lots of lube while you are using the clay bar or auto scrub.

M0ondogy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
If it's only on one side, that can support the overspray theory.

OP
OP

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
If it's only on one side, that can support the overspray theory.
It's worse on the right side but it's all over rear window on both sides, whole hood, windshield and u can even see it on the plastics on the fenders. It's not really noticable unless you really get up close or aware of it.

Sponsored

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
It's worse on the right side but it's all over rear window on both sides, whole hood, windshield and u can even see it on the plastics on the fenders. It's not really noticable unless you really get up close or aware of it.
Could you bring it up with the neighbor and would they pay for a detailer to bring it back to original condition? I realize accidents happen, but you shouldn’t have to clean up their mistake. Don’t know the relationship you have with them.

OP
OP

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
Could you bring it up with the neighbor and would they pay for a detailer to bring it back to original condition? I realize accidents happen, but you shouldn’t have to clean up their mistake. Don’t know the relationship you have with them.
They pretty much denied it and said they don't see how overspray went that far or blew that direction.