pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
Hello all,
The sun is finally starting to makes its annual appearance here in Germany and with it, it is time for its initial spring detail.
I know that my dealer waxed the car before I picked it up a few weeks ago, but of course you never know what they used or how they did it. Thus, better to do it again on your own.
A friend of mine gave me a CarPro UK3.0 ceramic coating kit, but looking at the insane amount of prep needed to be done before application, this is not something I am willing to invest in, time wise. With a new baby in the house, it just isn't possible to spend that many hours applying a million different products.
I will instead go with the clay bay, polish and wax route.
I have never actually used a clay bar before, but it looks simple enough.
The order in which you need to do everything is not too clear to me though.
Firstly I would wash with Valet PRO pH Neutral Snow Foam as thoroughly as possible.
Do I polish first and then clay bar or clay bar and then polish?
Do I need to use something to remove any product the dealer has applied before washing it?
Is it recommended to also wax the hardtop and plastic fenders? I would assume that you should not polish those parts, but again.. not totally sure.
Once all the washing is done, then of course I will fluid film the underside.
What are the procedure you all take?
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@pablo_max3045

You would wash and dry the vehicle first and then, secondly, you would clay bar it.

When it comes to the Detailing process overall,.... talking the process is like talking oil in an oil change thread. I'm not into that so will sit back and watch other's reply to here in regard to the terrific process they use.. 8-)

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
This is what I do:

- Pressure washer rinse then foam cannon, let sit till foam is gone.
- rinse then bucket wash. I use pink car soap $18 / gallon on amazon.
- leaf blower most of the water off then towel dry with good microfiber, I use "the rag company" waffle weave and edgeless orange microfiber on amazon and they are by far the best towels I have ever used.
- clay bar with detail juice or whatever detail mist you have.
- Whatever wax you like, I use maguaris D30116 finishing wax.

Sit back and drink beer

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
Always rinse off vehicle before wash to avoid scratches.

Firstly I Wax 6 times a year I use a high Temp Wax for the TX heat.
First off I hand wash then I dry it off using a cordless battery operated Leaf Blower, then I Wax.
Using a High Temp paste Wax is non ebrasesive this allows the vehicle to be Waxed in 30m.
I don't used any mechanical devices all done by hand. So after I Wax I use a Super Slick vehicle detail
This keeps the dust from sticking to the vehicle.
I am very picky about the WAX I use it on all my vehicles.
I clay bar as needed if the paint feels rough after washing.

A high Temp wax doesn't move after waxing most vehicles wax moves so if you wax wait and hour and look at the bottom edge of the vehicle if it looks wavy your wax is moving.
Sponsored