Washing the Jeep

Jimbo344

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
This thing$7.97 in Walmart worked amazing and didn't even come close to having to be wrung out!!

20190201_121915.jpg

20190201_121939.jpg
Sponsored

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
You could grab a couple gallons of Distilled Water for the final rinse -It's only like 75-99 cents a gallon, and won't leave any water spots. After the wash, rinse any soap off the car with the hose, then just pour the distilled water on the paint for the final rinse. You shouldn't need to dry. Most of the time, I just use a Waffle Weave Microfiber towel to dry though.

whiterubicon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I second the leaf blower. If you have a good coat of wax, it can blow the Jeep almost completely dry. Then, one microfiber will do the trick.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Seems I'll be the odd one out in this thread (not terribly unusual for me in general) but I have recently gone to a "waterless" wash system. At first I was skeptical about such waterless processes, I am now a firm believer. Granted the term waterless is a bit misleading as you use a bucket of water to wet the washing cloths (you can go completely waterless if you want), but no hose sprayed water involved. The wash solution simultaneously lifts off the dirt and protects the paint. I typically use 6 terry cloths in the process... 3 for the washing and 3 for the drying/buffing. While it takes about as long as washing and drying with a hose, it saves water, actually cleans and shines better (IMHO), and allows you to wash completely in the garage where it's warmer in winter and cooler in summer. It's been about 3 months now and I'll never go back to the old way of washing. This stuff works so well I'm using it to do windows in the house (another big time saver :) One kit costs $38 on Amazon and lasts for about 8-10 washes.

https://www.amazon.com/Aero-Cosmeti...=wash+wax+all+-+aero+cosmetics+waterless+wash

On the occasions I have lots of mud and debris, I WILL either hose off before washing or run through a touch-free wash to get the chunky stuff off, but just normal dirt I go straight to this stuff. It also helps keep it cleaner longer so washing is needed less frequently.

Wash Wax All 1.jpg

Wash Wax All 2.jpg

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
I second the leaf blower. If you have a good coat of wax, it can blow the Jeep almost completely dry. Then, one microfiber will do the trick.
thanks to this forum I started doing this, and although my neighbors and wife think I’m crazy, I can tell you the leaf blower works!!!

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
thanks to this forum I started doing this, and although my neighbors and wife think I’m crazy, I can tell you the leaf blower works!!!
that's why all car washes have blowers at the end same concept
Sponsored