Althescal

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
When I bought my JLUR on the 4’th I purchased the dealership’s add on surface protection package. I was told on the 5’th, when I picked it up, “No waxing for the first 5 months.” I am guessing that it’s either due to what they put on the paint, or possibly something about the paint itself? The thing is, I am already starting to see water spots trying to take hold and am worried that it still needs something more to protect the finish. I have a bottle of Eagle 1 detailer spray that seems to wipe them out, but what else should I be doing? I know it’s built for the rough stuff, but I would like to keep it looking new for a while yet, lol! I don’t have a carport or building to keep it in.....yet.
Sponsored

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase
I wasn't told that...and they knew my plans to put TopCoat F11 Paint Protector on it. In fact, the dealership works with a local detailer to put ceramic coating on brand new vehicles before they are delivered to customers so I think I am calling BS on the 5 months before waxing line. My 2 pennies worth...

OP
OP
Althescal

Althescal

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmm. Now I’m really wondering why they would give me bad instructions like that. Doesn’t make any sense. The treatment I purchased was the Mopar Master Shield paint sealant. I’m now beginning to think that either the guy was wrong or I misunderstood him. It wasn’t the Jeep salesman, but the finance manager who was providing all the details about it.

HogDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2018 JL 2.0T
When I bought my JLUR on the 4’th I purchased the dealership’s add on surface protection package. I was told on the 5’th, when I picked it up, “No waxing for the first 5 months.” I am guessing that it’s either due to what they put on the paint, or possibly something about the paint itself? The thing is, I am already starting to see water spots trying to take hold and am worried that it still needs something more to protect the finish. I have a bottle of Eagle 1 detailer spray that seems to wipe them out, but what else should I be doing? I know it’s built for the rough stuff, but I would like to keep it looking new for a while yet, lol! I don’t have a carport or building to keep it in.....yet.
That doesn't sound right to me.... way excessive I would think. I've head of some teflon type coatings needing a 2 week cure time, but never heard of any 5 months. I would try to use a PH balanced car wash soap and the dry as quick as possible to help combat the water spots. I washed the wife's vehicle in direct sun today and used chemical guys After Wash as I dried it. It did great on eliminating the water spots since I was in the direct sun.
Sponsored

Last edited: