What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
I have done more than 100 miles of gravel roads in the last 2 weeks, not a single rock or pebble in the

Waste of time and money. I had driven over 100 miles of gravel roads in the last two weeks my seams are clean (except dirt that washes out), Like I said I installed the rubber last year it lasted a couple months before it started coming out. I removed the rubber 2 months ago.
Just sharing info to someone who asked. I don’t really care if you do it or not.

slimfl08

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Ocean Blue Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have a simplified wiring diagram fro the ARB compressor? Wanting to build a portable pelican case option for air that I can put into various vehicles. The wiring bundle that comes with it is more than I need. Thanks in advance!

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Which lift , tires /wheels, I need details man...:computerrage:.. :)
The Mopar 2" lift. Mopar wheels and Patagonia 37's! Here's a test fit I did just to see what the wheel/tire combo looked like.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6b1.jpg

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
Seeing how it was 97° today, I put my top in safari mode. The complete sun block is fantastic! I had previously removed the plastic door surround and putting the top in safari mode doesn't touch the roll bars and the top worked well without the surround. Nice.
This is good to know. So you just left your oem top on, and can slide it up or down still? I think those trim pieces are just for door sealing and a water channel...

GGguy77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Super impressive! Good for you!

For the T8s, I did a switch out at my church. They had the old in-ceiling fluorescents housing with 4xT8s each. They were HOT and UGLY.

Found some really bright LEDs to replace them all. All I had to do was cut out the ballast (please switch the breaker off lol) and do a direct wiring to just 1 side (the specific T8s I chose were powered on one side only) and BOOM! Super nice, bright white, cool LED lighting. Got them on Amazon, they WERENT expensive. Not dirt cheap but not pricey either.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071JFXBD8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
did the same in my kitchen.

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Firecracker Red, 2014 Durango, 1999 Honda CRV
Vehicle Showcase
I liked how the black painted interior of the freedom panels turned out, so I painted the rest of the interior of the hard top 2 days ago.
(I also have a homemade headliner nested in each freedom panel, and across the whole hard top ceiling. The glued-in headliner made for more masking, but less actual painting.)

I masked the windows, foam/rubber seals, and any point that would contact the Jeep body.
Black interior upside down 1.jpg

Black interior upside down 2.jpg

Here are some interior pics of the freedom panels and hard top once they fully dried and were back on the Jeep this evening.

Black freedom panels 2.jpg

Black freedom panels 1.jpg

Black interior 3.jpg

Black interior 4.jpg

Black interior 5.jpg

Black interior 1.jpg

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Anyone have a simplified wiring diagram fro the ARB compressor? Wanting to build a portable pelican case option for air that I can put into various vehicles. The wiring bundle that comes with it is more than I need. Thanks in advance!
I just used the purple wire for on/off and obviously the power wires.

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
Installed Quadratec's 4 Bike Folding Bike Rack. It's solid with great build quality. For $150, it's a bargain.

IMG_0950.jpeg

IMG_0952.jpeg

IMG_0954.jpeg
I'm curious about this. We need a rack for more than 2 now, but I have only used the racks where the bike sits on top of it then gets strapped down. How does it work while hanging there, don't the bikes move around or hit one another?

haiducool

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Have you done the breathers? Do you mind posting some pictures if you have any available? I am stuck with the breathers - can’t find any good instructions or walkthroughs. Tnx!

Installed hauk offroad river raider snorkel. Happy with it so far. Will do the breathers tomorrow.

20190504_154901.jpg

20190504_160644.jpg
[

Reactions: RTJ

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
This is good to know. So you just left your oem top on, and can slide it up or down still? I think those trim pieces are just for door sealing and a water channel...
Yes, the surrounds being removed didn’t impact the top one bit.

JustCougIt

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport
I FINALLY got my Jeep back after 28 days in the dealership for the service shifter error. Thank goodness for the Jeep Cares program because they kept hounding the dealership for me. After changing the shifter bezel, then the transmission control module, then a reflash with something current and some wiring harness through the firewall they were able to get rid of the error. When I got it back, I had to give it a bath and drive it on whatever errand my wife could give me. I was beginning to pursue the lemon law if they had it much longer.