What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Just sharing info to someone who asked. I don’t really care if you do it or not.
Look I was just posting a review of my experience with the rubber tubing maybe to save someone a few $$$ and time and possible disspointment. I am not the only one here reporting that the mod is problematic. I know I like to read both the good and the bad to help me make informed decisions, is that not what these forums are for. I really value the voices here both positive and negative including your input.
I'm curious about this. We need a rack for more than 2 now, but I have only used the racks where the bike sits on top of it then gets strapped down. How does it work while hanging there, don't the bikes move around or hit one another?
I have both types of racks, the rack where the bikes are suspended i bungee the wheels together to prevent swaying, however not while that rack has 4 spots for bikes it is super tight i would not put 4 bikes on without experiencing some rubbing. It appears to be a decent bike rack and value. Mine like that does not tilt down so I am going to order the Quadratec rack myself. however we will only carry two bikes on it.

Reactions: RTJ

WillDo559

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon unlimited
I liked how the black painted interior of the freedom panels turned out, so I painted the rest of the interior of the hard top 2 days ago.
(I also have a homemade headliner nested in each freedom panel, and across the whole hard top ceiling. The glued-in headliner made for more masking, but less actual painting.)

I masked the windows, foam/rubber seals, and any point that would contact the Jeep body.
Black interior upside down 1.jpg

Black interior upside down 2.jpg

Here are some interior pics of the freedom panels and hard top once they fully dried and were back on the Jeep this evening.

Black freedom panels 2.jpg

Black freedom panels 1.jpg

Black interior 3.jpg

Black interior 4.jpg

Black interior 5.jpg

Black interior 1.jpg
Very nice, I plastidipped my freedom panels and loved it. Been wanting to do the same with the rest, but I still never took off my hardtop lol! What did you use for the headliners? I was looking at dynamat's 1/2 inch dynaliner.

Runt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Sahara
I liked how the black painted interior of the freedom panels turned out, so I painted the rest of the interior of the hard top 2 days ago.
(I also have a homemade headliner nested in each freedom panel, and across the whole hard top ceiling. The glued-in headliner made for more masking, but less actual painting.)
This looks superb! Im curious if you will notice an increase in the temperature inside the Jeep, especially after sitting out in the sun all day.

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Mine is straight too, not sure what's going on with yours.
B95DAF00-01B1-4844-8782-73C0D006C6F7.jpeg
They are rubber, although fairly firm. Mine was straight at first as well. About 5000 miles later it is permanently slightly swooping to the back. I just chalked it up to wind resistence when driving. Watch it when you're driving 70 mph nnext time and you'll see it bends waaaay back. Just starting to become permanent. I think?

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
Mine is straight too, not sure what's going on with yours.
B95DAF00-01B1-4844-8782-73C0D006C6F7.jpeg
As is mine.

36CDA1B9-9139-40E9-802C-31289E82A5A5.jpeg

They are rubber, although fairly firm. Mine was straight at first as well. About 5000 miles later it is permanently slightly swooping to the back. I just chalked it up to wind resistence when driving. Watch it when you're driving 70 mph nnext time and you'll see it bends waaaay back. Just starting to become permanent. I think?
I’ve got almost 3k later - and it still looks like the above. It’s supposed to spring back.

HiJinx69

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL, 2014 Mazda 6, 2010 Honda Odyssey, Yamaha FZ-09
I'm curious about this. We need a rack for more than 2 now, but I have only used the racks where the bike sits on top of it then gets strapped down. How does it work while hanging there, don't the bikes move around or hit one another?
It comes with rubber straps that secure the upper frame of the bikes to the cradle. It also has a strap that you use to secure the bikes to the vertical support to keep the bikes from banging around. I haven't had a chance to try it out, customer reviews were very positive.

MyJlU

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Sport
Occupation
Sr Product Line Researcher
Vehicle Showcase

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
Well guess I need to go see the doctor..... :like:
Mine is straight as well, but I actually like the look of it tilted back and was going to ask how you did it!

MyJlU

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Sport
Occupation
Sr Product Line Researcher
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is straight as well, but I actually like the look of it tilted back and was going to ask how you did it!
Old Age....

rdrjohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport-S
I’m not sure. Someone else may be able to chime in faster, but I can try in the next couple days and let you know.
Yes it will fit but you need to remove the back wall that sits against the back seats. Having the slipstream for a couple of months now I find that I don't put in the back wall when I have my hard top on and then when I go topless I put it back (at that point you don't have your freedom panels anymore). I also have a tail gate table so I lost a little space there.

TXRobD

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma, 2018 JLUR Sting Gray
I posted it above! You can’t even see it, only the mysterious blue ink that I guess was also in the cup with the spit. It definitely wasn’t bleed off from my jeans; I haven’t worn jeans in my jeep in weeks or anything else blue. Also, there was so much blue ink that I could sop it up with a towel. It definitely came from the cup I spilled, I just don’t know what it was.
Maybe you got Bluepenhagen instead of Copenhagen.