What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
You have a Sahara, right? Did you install the Rubicon fenders or something? I don't know why a non-Rubicon would need the seam filled.
The overall shape is the same the flair bends down just like the Rubicon does, it is the same senario on both there is a wedge gap where flair meets fender.
Please explain why only a Rubicon needs the wedge.seam filled (are rocks more attracted to the Rubicon)?

The only difference ( if I recall correctly) between flairs is the Rubicon sits 1.25" higher so it has a deeper indentation for the hood locks the rest of the shape is basically the same including the "V" of the seam. Keep in mind that Only applies to the fronts rears are the same on both

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
Thank you. Yes, I've been studying your and someone else's EAG Door thread. I will add your advice above, to my pile. :) I might ping you if I run into issues.
No problem, feel free to send a PM. Glad to help if I can. I learned a lot from @swimman from my thread, a good dude for sure.

MyJlU

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Sport
Occupation
Sr Product Line Researcher
Vehicle Showcase
Quick break at work means 2 small mods

1. 13” AntennaX
6FFD911F-227B-4C66-8953-CEFAB753AC08.jpeg
C6AB4BE1-4C92-4C51-85DE-236C17A6A5DC.jpeg

2. A small sticker my Daughter Made for me
DAAA4502-14FB-4383-A88C-07C0E1EB2A04.jpeg

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
^ nice! Is the antenna naturally that angled towards the back of the vehicle?

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
The overall shape is the same the flair bends down just like the Rubicon does, it is the same senario on both there is a wedge gap where flair meets fender.
Please explain why only a Rubicon needs the wedge.seam filled (are rocks more attracted to the Rubicon)?
I just thought this SAME thing lol

I get rocks in my rears all the time. Annoying. And OMG it’s not a Rubicon! Imagine that shit..

MyJlU

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Sport
Occupation
Sr Product Line Researcher
Vehicle Showcase
^ nice! Is the antenna naturally that angled towards the back of the vehicle?
I did not move it so maybe???? Anyone else want to chime in on this?

marek

First Name
Marek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Jeep Wrangler Moab 03 Mercedes SL 500

The only difference ( if I recall correctly) between flairs is the Rubicon sits 1.25" higher so it has a deeper indentation for the hood locks the rest of the shape is basically the same including the "V" of the seam. Keep in mind that Only applies to the fronts rears are the same on both
Rear flares are not the same on both.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Rear flares are not the same on both.
in terms of location and the wedge they are identical. Regardless they both attach the same way and both have the wedge that could potentially hold a pebble. Like I said I just did 100+ miles on gravel with my rock throwing KO2's with out a single pebble or debris in the gap. I do not see it as a solution to a existing problem. My BIL with a Rubicon also removed his gasketing same issue would not stay tucked after time. To demonstrate how similar the flairs are I just had my Sahara wrapped in 3M and the pre printed patterns for the flairs (both front and back) is the same for both the Rubicon and Sahara

Last edited:

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Worth the wait.
I was kinda hoping for a Tina Turner clip though.
I didn't have one that I loved... but, what's love got to do with it?

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Seeing how it was 97° today, I put my top in safari mode. The complete sun block is fantastic! I had previously removed the plastic door surround and putting the top in safari mode doesn't touch the roll bars and the top worked well without the surround. Nice.