What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
Super impressive! Good for you!

For the T8s, I did a switch out at my church. They had the old in-ceiling fluorescents housing with 4xT8s each. They were HOT and UGLY.

Found some really bright LEDs to replace them all. All I had to do was cut out the ballast (please switch the breaker off lol) and do a direct wiring to just 1 side (the specific T8s I chose were powered on one side only) and BOOM! Super nice, bright white, cool LED lighting. Got them on Amazon, they were expensive. Not dirty cheap but not pricey either.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071JFXBD8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I agree... expensive! But the secret is a little at a time, just like our Jeeps. If I bought ALL the mods, it'd be like 30k. Or more. LOL.

EAG Matrix Tube Doors

250B2066-9B70-4A39-AD60-F882D5F233AE.jpeg

DB51FAEE-8D6B-40DC-865C-2FF0795D2357.jpeg

D08FC719-B1BE-43ED-AC40-95303097AB48.jpeg
I'm following your other thread... because of you (and others), I just placed an order, literally 5 minutes ago, for the same doors. Thank you. But I hate you too, because you just made me spend even more money and my wife hates you too. :)

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
I agree... expensive! But the secret is a little at a time, just like our Jeeps. If I bought ALL the mods, it'd be like 30k. Or more. LOL.

I'm following your other thread... because of you (and others), I just placed an order, literally 5 minutes ago, for the same doors. Thank you. But I hate you too, because you just made me spend even more money and my wife hates you too. :)
Lol, don't worry, my wife hates me too. Which is why I keep buying more!

Note, the instructions are really bad. They switched around the placement of the bolts. The shorter bolts are used for the upper hinges while the longer bolts are used for the lower hinges. It will make sense you when you attach the door stop straps. And they also don't tell you to attach the door stop straps to the lower hinge bolts for the front doors, while attaching the lower hinge bolts to the front doors. I got all the hinges together and placed the doors on the Jeep before realizing I needed to remove the lower hinge bolts off the front doors, just to get the door stop straps attached. Other than that, the installation was pretty easy.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t have pics but today I spilled about 4 oz of dip spit (way more than it sounds) on my lap and seat while in a hurry trying to get to a meeting.

Normally I wouldn’t be too concerned about this (just very annoyed) but the weirdest thing happened. There must have been something in the spitter cup in addition to dip spit because towards the bottom of the stain there was a very wet blue ink spot. I started dabbing it up with a towel and sure as shit, it was like I had spilled half a pen’s worth of ink on my seat. I couldn’t believe my eyes. I didn’t have a blue pen anywhere near me, there was no blue stain on my ass, and I couldn’t remember putting anything into that cup besides spit.

I’ll take a picture of it tomorrow in the sunlight but all that’s left of it is my red stitching is stained blue near my left ass cheek. Oh well, first blemish on the Jeep is now under my belt... expected it to happen off-road but what can you do.
I CANNOT wait for the dip spit picture! :LOL:

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Oh I thought pics were a thing, everyone else is doing it. Lol

And you can’t see the dip spit, I was referring to the weird blue ink stuff that I have no idea where it came from. It’s like I took a blue pen and emptied it on my seat. See:

02480BC7-0898-4199-955A-5B81DC69C01A.jpeg
Bit of a let down. I was expecting more carnage

Dvol

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
I did this to my Wrangler. Not a good idea. The rubber piece eventually get's hard, and then starts coming up. I eventually just removed them and deal with the small pieces of debris that gets stuck there...
I agree I removed it as well. I also noticed after I washed stuff would stay in the folds of rubber. Looked horrible even after washing it. Now I just my air hose or pressure washer to get stuff out. Works just fine without those silly rubber hoses.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Super impressive! Good for you!

For the T8s, I did a switch out at my church. They had the old in-ceiling fluorescents housing with 4xT8s each. They were HOT and UGLY.

Found some really bright LEDs to replace them all. All I had to do was cut out the ballast (please switch the breaker off lol) and do a direct wiring to just 1 side (the specific T8s I chose were powered on one side only) and BOOM! Super nice, bright white, cool LED lighting. Got them on Amazon, they WERENT expensive. Not dirt cheap but not pricey either.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071JFXBD8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Be careful the fixture Sockets (tombstones) used in T8 fluorecent fixtures are not rated for line voltage you need to replace those as well, it is a potential fire hazard.

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
Lol, don't worry, my wife hates me too. Which is why I keep buying more!

Note, the instructions are really bad. They switched around the placement of the bolts. The shorter bolts are used for the upper hinges while the longer bolts are used for the lower hinges. It will make sense you when you attach the door stop straps. And they also don't tell you to attach the door stop straps to the lower hinge bolts for the front doors, while attaching the lower hinge bolts to the front doors. I got all the hinges together and placed the doors on the Jeep before realizing I needed to remove the lower hinge bolts off the front doors, just to get the door stop straps attached. Other than that, the installation was pretty easy.
Thank you. Yes, I've been studying your and someone else's EAG Door thread. I will add your advice above, to my pile. :) I might ping you if I run into issues.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I agree I removed it as well. I also noticed after I washed stuff would stay in the folds of rubber. Looked horrible even after washing it. Now I just my air hose or pressure washer to get stuff out. Works just fine without those silly rubber hoses.
Thanks for the feedback guys! Thought we had an option for that - dang.

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
Be careful the fixture Sockets (tombstones) used in T8 fluorecent fixtures are not rated for line voltage you need to replace those as well, it is a potential fire hazard.
Can you explain? The LED tubes have their own LED drivers to regulate the current.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
I have done more than 100 miles of gravel roads in the last 2 weeks, not a single rock or pebble in the
Waste of time and money. I had driven over 100 miles of gravel roads in the last two weeks my seams are clean (except dirt that washes out), Like I said I installed the rubber last year it lasted a couple months before it started coming out. I removed the rubber 2 months ago.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
You have a Sahara, right? Did you install the Rubicon fenders or something? I don't know why a non-Rubicon would need the seam filled.
Why would that make a difference? I get pebbles stuck in the fenders on my Moab all the time, I just power-wash them out one in a while.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I CANNOT wait for the dip spit picture! :LOL:
I posted it above! You can’t even see it, only the mysterious blue ink that I guess was also in the cup with the spit. It definitely wasn’t bleed off from my jeans; I haven’t worn jeans in my jeep in weeks or anything else blue. Also, there was so much blue ink that I could sop it up with a towel. It definitely came from the cup I spilled, I just don’t know what it was.