Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
My wife and I go to Naples a couple time a year and always go out to Sanibel/Captiva Islands when we go. Your right about the heartbreaking damage out there. Hope your parents' house gets fixed and your family can once again enjoy the peacefulness of the Islands.
Thanks…they had to purchase a house in Ft. Myers that they are at now and not sure about the end game plan with the house as my father just passed and my mother and him spent 35 years in that house before the hurricane.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. IMG_0416

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. IMG_0418

The kids and I are staying at a house that survived and is 90% fixed. The other house we used to mainly stay at had to be torn down:
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. IMG_0414
Sponsored

Jeffy56

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Hit the trail to Crown King yesterday. Since we were solo, took the easy route.
IMG_1955.jpeg
IMG_1962.jpeg
IMG_1963.jpeg
IMG_1964.jpeg
I got a good story of visit to Cleator (90s). Been there and CK many times over the last 40 years. Not so much anymore. I been the back way past Lake Pleasant, rough. Upgraded Tazer today.

ducttape

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xE
Occupation
Configuration Engineer
Clubs

Got together with @MeatRack and @Winston for a low-key snow run. We got to meet up and wheel together for the first time and practice some recovery techniques before turning around for the day. I was glad to have them along since they had winches and traction boards. I would've turned around earlier if they hadn't been along, and both of them mentioned the same sentiment. Definitely illustrates that wheeling with a friend extends your capabilities. Good reinforcement of something I've been away from for awhile. Here we are near the beginning of the trail.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 20240316_114826

Shortly after we turned around we shuffled around to let some people pass on their way further up-trail.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 20240316_143308

I also recorded much of the run on my GoPro, and the GoPro Quik app put together a compilation you can find here if you're interested (I can't seem to upload it to the forum, but I'm guessing it's too big for that...). On the way back to "civilization" we ran into a couple folks needing help. The end of the linked video (if you can see it) spends a bunch of time at that point while we help them out.
This adventure was a lot of fun for me. Commonalities reinforced camaraderie: other people outside our group needed help, and we helped them. We needed to coordinate a tight passing scenario, and both groups helped each other out by winching vehicles and removing snow berms. I'm glad to be here with you all and am looking forward to more of this!

Sponsored

mrtm1970

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Returning to Sanibel Island last night:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. IMG_0532

Leaving this morning, took a short video to highlight some of the sad devastation 😢:

Last edited:

HydroBlue22

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU, '17 Colorado, '17 Explorer, '13 Mustang
Occupation
Retired Project Controls
Last Thursday my wife and I went over to Palestine, Tx. to go to the Davy Dogwood Park. Looked like this weekend will be the peak of the flowering.
Afterwords we went into town and stopped at the Oxbow Bakery for some of the best pie in the state! This is a slice of Pecan Praline Pie!

Dogwood Tree 01.jpeg

Dogwood Tree 02.jpeg

Dogwood Tree 03.jpeg

Dogwood Tree 04.jpeg

Dogwood Tree 05.jpeg

Dogwood Tree 07.jpeg

Dogwood Tree 06.jpeg

Dogwood Tree 08.jpeg

Dogwood Tree 10.jpeg

Dogwood Tree 11.jpeg

Dogwood Tree 09.jpeg

Dogwood Tree 12.jpeg