Armycop

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
Yeah, I saw a JKU yesterday on the base steel wheels and tiny 29" tires it looked ridiculous. The JL looks much better stock.

OP
OP
Armycop

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
I just can't believe this dealer had so many in stock and is giving a flat $4,500 off

Sponsored

OscarMike_to_Rubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR Ocean Blue, '65 Mustang Convt, 1972 Honda CT70H
Not bad. $29190? Looks nice. Comparable to a JKU price, no? I don't recall seeing JKUs under about this point. .

I don't even mind the crank window, only deal killer with me would be the non tinted windows.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
They look surprisingly good for "base models." Steel wheels look great in black. I just can't believe in this day and age they can't have power windows standard even on the base models....
I'd rather have A/C standard on the 2 door, but oh well.

One base upgrade I'm very happy they made over the base JK is upping the smallest tire size they'd give you factory. You could order a JK on pizza cutters.. those days are gone!

I find it humorous that due to federal requirements, a base JL with manual everything and no A/C will still have a backup camera!

XJ-99

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (sold), 2010 Toyota RAV4v6 Limited (sold), 2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, Mojito!

Butterybunz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2017 Ford Fiesta ST & Fiat 500x Trekking Plus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, Mini Countryman S
Does anyone else think that the base model JLU Sport is actually the best looking of the bunch?

To me I absolutely hate the Sport S wheels, Sahara grill accents, bumper chrome trim and running boards make it look like any other SUV, and the Rubicon design doesn't flow as well with the busy vented hood, flashy hood decals, and higher fender mounting points.

I love the clean lines of the JLU and feel that the black steel wheels and basic no nonsense trim of the Sport make it the best looking of the 4 models. Just wish there was a trim level between the Sport and the Sport S that came with steel wheels but offered Power windows and Door locks.

It looks like there are some great deals all models of JL's in OP's link.

Sponsored

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
Does anyone else think that the base model JLU Sport is actually the best looking of the bunch?

To me I absolutely hate the Sport S wheels, Sahara grill accents, bumper chrome trim and running boards make it look like any other SUV, and the Rubicon design doesn't flow as well with the busy vented hood, flashy hood decals, and higher fender mounting points.

I love the clean lines of the JLU and feel that the black steel wheels and basic no nonsense trim of the Sport make it the best looking of the 4 models. Just wish there was a trim level between the Sport and the Sport S that came with steel wheels but offered Power windows and Door locks.

It looks like there are some great deals all models of JL's in OP's link.
Agreed, the base JLU is the model I have been mostly looking at, because I am not spending 40+ grand on a Wrangler. Looks nice as-is but with a few touches would look real nice. Add some larger tires and choice of aftermarket wheels, a few other bolt on items like rocker guards and bumpers. I am a hobbiest welder so the latter items would be fun to designing/make myself.

Nice to see these low prices and I live in Illinois! Only thing is I want the hardtop and up-rated rear axle.

Edit: Something odd about one of the listings though. Could be mistaken, but I didn't think push button proximity key start was available on the base JL.

Last edited:

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
18% off sticker... something's wrong here, no? That is pretty cheap. Can't imagine what the lease rate would be on this thing... probably $200/mo with barely any down.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
They look surprisingly good for "base models." Steel wheels look great in black. I just can't believe in this day and age they can't have power windows standard even on the base models....
I think rollers are fine for a two-door. Not so much on a 4-door.

Of course my last Jeep was a YJ with zip up windows so rollers would be a step up.
Sponsored