Armycop

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
Worth every penny imho, otherwise you have one single tinted rear window which is just odd... plus it just looks better
Plus tint shops can't tint the plastic windows. I like all my window tint to match.
Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Plus tint shops can't tint the plastic windows. I like all my window tint to match.
Good point.

For $500 you might be able to buy aftermarket soft top tinted window replacement panels. Then you would have two sets. Would still have to tint the other windows.

Orly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Tacoma, 04 Sienna, 06 Suzuki Boulevard
Occupation
Healthcare
I just can't believe this dealer had so many in stock and is giving a flat $4,500 off
That's like 8.5% under invoice. Damn good.

OP
OP
Armycop

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good point.

For $500 you might be able to buy aftermarket soft top tinted window replacement panels. Then you would have two sets. Would still have to tint the other windows.
I hate the factory soft top. By the time I'm ready to buy, Bestop will probably have a new Trektop for the JL and I'll get the hardtop option from the factory.

Sponsored

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
They look surprisingly good for "base models." Steel wheels look great in black. I just can't believe in this day and age they can't have power windows standard even on the base models....
Then how would they « push » you into buying the higher trim ?!

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
I hate the factory soft top. By the time I'm ready to buy, Bestop will probably have a new Trektop for the JL and I'll get the hardtop option from the factory.
I have to say, this new soft top is awesome, I can’t imagin what you would hate about it. Looks great in person, the quality appears to be much better then any previous wrangler I’ve owned, drops down easily and it’s very quiet.

jman

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A van and a boring car
Me too. This Wrangler is my mid-life crisis car. I drove a YJ basically through all of my 20's. I loved that Jeep. I mean I. Loved. That. Jeep.

Now with a family of 4 I just can't justify a 2-door. But there are days when that's really what I want.

My longer-term plan is to drive a 4-door but at some point pick up a used YJ as a second car.
I'm sort of in the same boat as you but I'm still buying a two door for just me. I've been saving for two years working extra. So it'll be a third vehicle for my household overall. One that no crazy kids get to ride in...

Orly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Healthcare
I'm sort of in the same boat as you but I'm still buying a two door for just me. I've been saving for two years working extra. So it'll be a third vehicle for my household overall. One that no crazy kids get to ride in...
Luckily for us the kids have moved on. It's 2 door for us and if anyone wants to ride the backseat, they can squeeze in the hard-way.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
That's like 8.5% under invoice. Damn good.
I’m skeptical that is a true price. Probably just trying to get you in the door then tell you in order to get that discount you have to finance at 10%!

Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I have to say, this new soft top is awesome, I can’t imagin what you would hate about it. Looks great in person, the quality appears to be much better then any previous wrangler I’ve owned, drops down easily and it’s very quiet.
Do you have standard or premium? I’m reading that the premium is very quiet but have not heard much about the standard soft top. I used to drive a mustang convert as DD so can’t imagine it would be much worse but I’m still leaning toward hardtop with aftermarket soft top later.

Orly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Healthcare
I’m skeptical that is a true price. Probably just trying to get you in the door then tell you in order to get that discount you have to finance at 10%!
According to the fine print, I believe it might be 20% down and you have to qualify for all the other incentives such as military, etc. to get that price. A tough list criteria to meet for many.

OP
OP
Armycop

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't like the way the new top looks when it is down, with all the exposed hardware sticking out. I prefer the cleaner look of the Trektop because it comes off completely and there is nothing blocking the rear view.

I used to have a soft top boot that covered all that, the new one looks exposed.

37_Rubicon_014.jpg

Last edited:

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
I don't like the way the new top looks when it is down, with all the exposed hardware sticking out. I prefer the cleaner look of the Trektop because it comes off completely and there is nothing blocking the rear view.

I used to have a soft top boot that covered all that, the new one looks exposed.

37_Rubicon_014.jpg
As a side note, factory half door JKU's are unicorn cars where I live. Super cool!

I've been planning on a hard top, and am hearing reports they leak. How hard is it to get it right after all these years? Engineering another folding windshield and fancy blind spot monitoring is stupid if they can't get the basics right.

Orly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Healthcare

It's true that the new soft top looks bulky and a bit messy when opened but if the overall function is improved and it's as easy to operate as they're saying i'm good with it. I'm a function over fashion guy.
Sponsored