First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Military
Ended up going with the JLRU, when I was shopping I priced out a Sport S, built it the way I wanted it and MSRP came to 44970, I then priced out a lift I wanted with new wheels and 33's which came out to approx. 5 to 6 thousand. With the Rubi build it came to 50970 and really don't plan to do anything to it. So did I really need some of the extras on Rubi ( Higher gearing, led's, disconnects, lockers, etc) probably not but that's an added bonus, so for the price difference of only a thousand or so I got the Jeep I wanted already built the way I wanted it. Just my two cents.
Thanks for the advice. I am starting to lean in that direction, but seeing what RedJeep78 did to his baby makes the decision tough. I will be honest and openly admit that my mechanical skills and ability to transform a SPORT S into something as special as he did are sorely lacking. I trust my abilities to install aftermarket bumpers, a winch, etc..., but I know lifts and shocks are out of the question for me at this point. Frankly, other than the esthetics, I am not sure I would every need anything more than locking diffs, sway bar, 4.10 gears and 33s for what I want to do. As I get older, I don't fancy climbing up slick cliffs in Utah or Colorado, though I would have done that 25 years ago.
Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
What will Lockers and Sway Bar disconnect do for you on your property?

How will those features help you specifically around the farm?

This is what I would ask myself if I was in your shoes.

You will hear the Rubi crew say you cannot live without them; You will hear the Sport/Sahara crew say the opposite.

At the end of the day, yes, it would be nice to simply have everything. However, if having everything just isn't practical for your situation, then, why have it?

If you can think of legit reasons for the need of Lockers/Sway Bar disconnect then you should get the Rubi.

If you can't then Sport/Sport S/Sahara/MOAB it is.

I personally in your situation would be looking at the following because to me a Jeep's tow capacity should/could have been so much more..

Farm vehicles need a high/moderate tow capacity and a bed in my opinion..

Potential Concepts Out:

Jeep J6
Jeep 5-Quarter

Out soon enough:

Jeep Gladiator