Sponsored

Is the JLU sport Altitude suspension different to standard sport models ?

Mossy76

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jlu altitude
I don't have feedback besides my Rubicon take-off suspension is sitting in the garage waiting to be put on my '21 Sport Altitude. I bought the 2" MOPAR LCAs as everything I've read says they make a huge difference.

How do you like the K02s? Once my OEM tires are done I want to upgrade to 33's and read good things about the K02s
I only have about 200 miles on them. They drive better then the stock ones.
Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
21 jlu sport altitude. 275/70 18 bfg ko2. Was thinking of putting on the rubicon suspension. Any thoughtd

20211129_113319.jpg
You'll get a little bump if you get the tallest springs.

What are your goals? you want more clearance? more articulation?

you have options. You can just install rubicon shocks, that'd give you the extra articulation without lifting it. If you rub, then you can add spacers or rubi springs, or high clearance fenders.

What I would do is get a rubicon takeoff suspension and a set of teraflex spacers. Then you can install everything and cycle the suspension as you install your suspension to get exactly what you want. Or just do spacers. Even better is to get fox shocks, or bilstein, or anything else better than rubi shocks. Rubi shocks are cheap used tho. The thing is, with spacers you can dial in your suspension however you want. Rubi springs are a guesstimate.

Mopar lift LCAs are a great cheap way to keep or even improve your caster. Adjustable arms work even better if you are planning to lift more in the future, and let you dial in your caster.

Mossy76

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jlu altitude
You'll get a little bump if you get the tallest springs.

What are your goals? you want more clearance? more articulation?

you have options. You can just install rubicon shocks, that'd give you the extra articulation without lifting it. If you rub, then you can add spacers or rubi springs, or high clearance fenders.

What I would do is get a rubicon takeoff suspension and a set of teraflex spacers. Then you can install everything and cycle the suspension as you install your suspension to get exactly what you want. Or just do spacers. Even better is to get fox shocks, or bilstein, or anything else better than rubi shocks. Rubi shocks are cheap used tho. The thing is, with spacers you can dial in your suspension however you want. Rubi springs are a guesstimate.

Mopar lift LCAs are a great cheap way to keep or even improve your caster. Adjustable arms work even better if you are planning to lift more in the future, and let you dial in your caster.
Just trying to get a little more clearance for the tires. Its a daily driver with weekend warrior ideas. Its my first jeep.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Just trying to get a little more clearance for the tires. Its a daily driver with weekend warrior ideas. Its my first jeep.
But why do you want more clearance? Looks? Are you rubbing?. Ill doubt youll rub with the sport shocks and sway bar disconnected. Definitely wont rub with sway bar connected.

If you know how many more inches you want just get spacers and youll get exactly what you want.

I am gonna guess if you get the tallest rubi springs itll net you about 1 inch extra height. If you provide your shocks eye to eye measurement I could provide a better estimate.

The teraflex leveling spacer kit will net you 1.5 rear 2inches front.
Sponsored