303rider

First Name
Soleil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
2018 JLUR with Mopar 2” and 37” milestar Patagonia MT.

I am getting death wobble when hitting small pot holes. I am not sure it is as bad as I have seen in videos but it is still bad.
It appears Jeep’s bandaid is to replace the stabilizer. This seems like a BS fix.
I am not ready to spend $2k on Steer Smart to fix something that should not be a thing after spending $50k on a SUV.
Replacing the stabilizer is a small spend and if it fixes the problem I am all in.

Trying to decide between the Fox single or the Rough Country Dual system.

Any thoughts or advice welcome.
Sponsored

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I never had death wobble like you see in the videos but just a minor, minor shimmy at certain speeds and with off axis bumps that went away on its own. Mainly fixed it with adjustable control arms and a little more caster. The off axis bumps issue was fixed with a Nexus 2.2.

tCub

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S JL, 2018 Renegade Latitude 4x4
Who installed the mopar lift?

If it was you, did you loosen all everything then retighten with the full weight of the Jeep on the ground?

If it was not you, did you take it back and ask the installer why you have death wobble?

Last edited:

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
your problem is the 2" MOPAR lift...It doesn't come with Adjustable LCAs, and it should, and Jeep Engineers should know this.

Get a pair to adjust your caster, I would also get an adjustable track bar

Rubi is 1.5" lifted, throw in a 2" lift and now your at 3.5 and throwing your geometry all out of whack.

You bought the MOPAR lift because you trusted Jeep.

However you do need a fox or teraflex stabilizer for those 37s...the stock one can barely handle the stock tires.

You wanted a lift and 37s, you gotta pay, I just wish Jeep would give people correct advice before installing their incomplete kit.
or IDK, sell a complete kit with LCAs, track bar and upgraded stabilizer.

Hell for the price, it should come with those IMO

Sponsored

Rebacon

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon JL
I ended up,adjusting the toe correctly, and installled a duel stabilizer kit from rough country. It has eliminated death wobble and is fun to drive again.

I do have new LCA’s and Track bar being delivered next week as well.

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
your problem is the 2" MOPAR lift...It doesn't come with Adjustable LCAs, and it should, and Jeep Engineers should know this.

Rubi is 1.5" lifted, throw in a 2" lift and now your at 3.5 and throwing your geometry all out of whack.

However you do need a fox or teraflex stabilizer for those 37s...the stock one can barely handle the stock tires.

You wanted a lift and 37s, you gotta pay, I just wish Jeep would give people correct advice before installing their incomplete kit.

MOPAR lift comes with longer LCAs. Not adjustable but longer to correct caster.

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2020 Ram 5500 2020 Lincoln Aviato
2018 JLUR with Mopar 2” and 37” milestar Patagonia MT.

I am getting death wobble when hitting small pot holes. I am not sure it is as bad as I have seen in videos but it is still bad.
It appears Jeep’s bandaid is to replace the stabilizer. This seems like a BS fix.
I am not ready to spend $2k on Steer Smart to fix something that should not be a thing after spending $50k on a SUV.
Replacing the stabilizer is a small spend and if it fixes the problem I am all in.

Trying to decide between the Fox single or the Rough Country Dual system.

Any thoughts or advice welcome.
Take a look at the attached video. The 2018 Rubicon JL with the Death Wobble fix is mine. It too received a factory recall stabilizer. This you might find interesting. If the wobble cannot start you will not have one.
With your 37's I think you will need higher pressure, but you could try the 75 pound stocker as it could work. Talk to Eric or Josh at Roadmaster
https://www.roadmasterinc.com/products/rss/exactcenter.php

CincyJLRubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

The Mopar kit comes with longer lca which are spec’s for the lift. No need for adjustable. Track bar yes. Should be included.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
MOPAR lift comes with longer LCAs. Not adjustable but longer to correct caster.
The Mopar kit comes with longer lca which are spec’s for the lift. No need for adjustable. Track bar yes. Should be included.
At factory height, Rubicons are lacking in the caster department because they share the same control arms as the lower height models. Many on this forum are using the 1/4" longer mopar lift arms to get caster closer to the recommended 6-6.5° on their stock Jeeps.

Adjustable control arms will not only allow fine tuning of caster, but are also of a far stronger construction to properly support the increased forces that accompany the larger lift and tires.

Sponsored

CincyJLRubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
At factory height, Rubicons are lacking in the caster department because they share the same control arms as the lower height models. Many on this forum are using the 1/4" longer mopar lift arms to get caster closer to the recommended 6-6.5° on their stock Jeeps.

Adjustable control arms will not only allow fine tuning of caster, but are also of a far stronger construction to properly support the increased forces that accompany the larger lift and tires.
If that was the case then anyone installing a Mopar lift would have driveability issues which is clearly not the case. The posts on here with issues probably represent a tiny fraction of people of people using that lift. In fact there are countless people who post including me who’s Jeep drives better than stock with the better shocks. Fact is the Mopar lift does what it’s designed to do notwithstanding the lack of an adjustable track bar. A yeti fixes that.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
If that was the case then anyone installing a Mopar lift would have driveability issues which is clearly not the case. The posts on here with issues probably represent a tiny fraction of people of people using that lift. In fact there are countless people who post including me who’s Jeep drives better than stock with the better shocks. Fact is the Mopar lift does what it’s designed to do notwithstanding the lack of an adjustable track bar. A yeti fixes that.
It's clear that you have no grasp of the subtle affects that caster angle has on handling characteristics. Or the number of people driving around believing that's as good as a Wrangler can drive, when in reality it could be further improved by adding adjustable and stronger parts. What's good enough for some, is not good enough for all.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Take a look at the attached video. The 2018 Rubicon JL with the Death Wobble fix is mine. It too received a factory recall stabilizer. This you might find interesting. If the wobble cannot start you will not have one.
With your 37's I think you will need higher pressure, but you could try the 75 pound stocker as it could work. Talk to Eric or Josh at Roadmaster
https://www.roadmasterinc.com/products/rss/exactcenter.php
Are you guys going to spam every single thread in here now?

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
It's clear that you have no grasp of the subtle affects that caster angle has on handling characteristics. Or the number of people driving around believing that's as good as a Wrangler can drive, when in reality it could be further improved by adding adjustable and stronger parts. What's good enough for some, is not good enough for all.
But I bought it and installed it so it must be the best thing out there /s.

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2020 Ram 5500 2020 Lincoln Aviato
But I bought it and installed it so it must be the best thing out there /s.
word302 what needs to happen is off-roaders need to show Roadmaster what they need in a stabilizer and stabilizer mount. They have done motorhome stabilizers for years, but Wrangler on and off-road is very new to them. I hope they can do different pressures soon and if the off-road users would help them by explaining what they need in mounts they will work with you. I see you are in Oregon, if you are anywhere near there plant I am sure Josh or Eric would make brackets and give you a stabilizer just to get a mount design. If you have never been to Roadmaster you would be in for a great experience. They are different. I do not work for them, I am the inventor and hold all the patents in the world for gas centering and return to center gas stabilizers. I have been working on gas stabilizers for about 22 years on the RV side and 8-10 years on Wrangler. I have 22 patents +- Be patient Roadmaster will get this right, in time others will move to this design. It works.
Factory tour here https://roadmasterinc.com/
Sponsored