Teraflex vs. Fox Steering Stabilizer - Advice Needed

MIJeep

First Name
Shadia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Any thoughts on which of these would be better on a 2018 JLU, lifted with 35” tires? I feel like either one would be great but would like to hear some personal experiences.
Sponsored

Silverblkrilla

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Good look finding the Fox TS stabilizer not many left in North America. Before you order make sure it’s actual in stock not just listed in stock because I’ve been waiting on one since October. I do believe there are adjustable dampeners out there. Also I’ve heard the 2.0 pull.

OP
OP
MIJeep

MIJeep

First Name
Shadia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I noticed they’re hard to find! I appreciate your feedback! I hope you get yours soon.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I have the Teraflex. I had a problem with my steering wheel not returning to center after left turns, and beats me how, but the issue was 100% cured by the steering stabilizer. I didn't buy the 3-position one because in all of the Youtubes I watched the reviewers ended up in the middle position in the end.

Steering stabilizers, like the Teraflex (and I think the Fox as well), that use pass-through design don't pull.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Not to get off topic from the two different ones your looking at but I have the Falcon Nexus EF 2.1 Steering Stabilizer on my 2018 running 35’s and it’s been great

Sponsored

OP
OP
MIJeep

MIJeep

First Name
Shadia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I have the Teraflex. I had a problem with my steering wheel not returning to center after left turns, and beats me how, but the issue was 100% cured by the steering stabilizer. I didn't buy the 3-position one because in all of the Youtubes I watched the reviewers ended up in the middle position in the end.

Steering stabilizers, like the Teraflex (and I think the Fox as well), that use pass-through design don't pull.
Thank you! I appreciate the feedback!

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
Can’t comment on the Fox, though I’m sure it’s great as they make great shocks. I have the Falcon Nexus EF 2.2 on my Jeep with 35s and no complaints.

More food for thought... Are you planning on upgrading your steering linkages? If you are looking at an upgraded tie rod, or just want to relocate the stabilizer, the JL version of the Falcon Nexus needs to be modified to swap out the axle end bracket with a tie rod clamp. Or perhaps just use the JK version of the Nexus which already has a TR clamp. Just make sure it fits the diameter of your TR. Add a relocation bracket or bolt for the other end and you are done; better SS and located up and out of harm’s way.

I have the Steer Smarts Yeti tie rod and it works with the Falcon no problem.

NCJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
I have the Falcon with SteerSmarts drag link, tie rod, trac bar and mounts. No complaints. Very tight fit but it does clear everything with 2.5” lift. Falcon adjustment knob always in the middle.

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
I ran the Fox on my previous built JK/37's and full Steer Smarts steering linkage. I eventually pulled the Fox and switched to Steer Smarts (N) neutral stabilizer. We found the Fox unit was 'loading up', building a preload and causing a slight wandering in the steering.

On my JL build, I'm running the Falcon Nexus EF 2.2 and love it. I will set it to firm for the long interstate treks out West and then Soft on the trails. My Jeep is my daily driver, and for that duty, I run the stabilizer on the middle setting. I like that you can actually feel a difference at the wheel between the settings. I'm also upgraded my steering linkage using Metal Cloak. The steering is spot on, one finger easy at 80+mph.

Jeep Wrangler JL Teraflex vs. Fox Steering Stabilizer - Advice Needed Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 9.40.13 AM

-Steven

stevieb92

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0t
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I've got the Falcon EF 2.1 non adjustable and am running 35 BFG KO2 with Fuel Vectors. I considered the adjustable Falcon, but like previously mentioned, most reviews I've seen ended up on the middle setting, so I went non-adjustable. I'm extremely happy.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MIJeep

MIJeep

First Name
Shadia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I've got the Falcon EF 2.1 non adjustable and am running 35 BFG KO2 with Fuel Vectors. I considered the adjustable Falcon, but like previously mentioned, most reviews I've seen ended up on the middle setting, so I went non-adjustable. I'm extremely happy.
That’s very helpful! Thank you!

OP
OP
MIJeep

MIJeep

First Name
Shadia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Fox thru shaft for me, there’s more settings on it than needed for most rigs, but it’s been rock solid , zero issues.

Jeep Wrangler JL Teraflex vs. Fox Steering Stabilizer - Advice Needed D6EE5575-0125-4704-8EA0-DE642607B901
Sweet! That’s the one I was leaning towards! Thanks for the picture and feedback!
Sponsored