First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Hey guys and gals, I just ordered the SteerSmarts Drag Link and Tie Rod for my JLU Sport. My Jeep is lifted 3.5" and I have yet to order what I need as far as the Steering stabilizer. My question is do I need to buy any steering stabilizer relocation brackets? Also, my jeep is mainly and overland rig and not any extreme terrain type of rigs so what Steering stabilizer do you recommend. If I stick with STOCK do I still need a bracket etc?
Sponsored

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
There are option (like the Nexus 2 or Fox ATS), that should bolt right up. If you want to raise the location of your stabilizer, there is another bracket consideration. You can always keep stock: no hardware would change in that case.

OP
OP
RubenZ

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
Wondering if all I need is this. And I'm assuming the bolt goes through track bar mount not he axle side? In other words I'd hate to have to buy a 70$ bracket + new Stabilizer when I could just get a stabilizer that works with what I'll already have going with steersmarts.

Screen Shot 2019-08-29 at 2.17.47 PM.png

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Wondering if all I need is this. And I'm assuming the bolt goes through track bar mount not he axle side? In other words I'd hate to have to buy a 70$ bracket + new Stabilizer when I could just get a stabilizer that works with what I'll already have going with steersmarts.

I don’t think that TB side bolt works. I can’t remember though. I want to say that someone used the one you referenced, even though it’s a JK damper....I think they needed a TB relocate bracket for it. If you want the Nexus, you can either use the JL one or get the JL and mount it to your new tie rod. Difference is if you want I lower or higher.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I’d call steer smarts and get the bracket and clamp coming. A fox 2.0 is great and priced right.

Brett

Sponsored

rkv34

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 3.6L MT Sting Gray, 2016 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Electrical Engineer

Based on this post, http://www.northridgenation.com/falcon-stabilizer-steer-smarts-tie-rod-jeep-jl/ , that stabilizer should work. Northridge sells it as a package with the steer smart tie rod.

OP
OP
RubenZ

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)

JLBeast

First Name
Dozi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S
I’d call steer smarts and get the bracket and clamp coming. A fox 2.0 is great and priced right.

Brett
I installed the Steer Smart pro series tie rod assembly yesterday only to find out my Fox ATS SS doesnt fit. I have the Steer smart flex damper bracket that clamps to the tie rod itself.. do i need the TB relocation bracket and the ATS bolt from Steer smart to mount the Fox ATS SS ? I also have the Steer smart bottom draglink and TB. Please help.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I installed the Steer Smart pro series tie rod assembly yesterday only to find out my Fox ATS SS doesnt fit. I have the Steer smart flex damper bracket that clamps to the tie rod itself.. do i need the TB relocation bracket and the ATS bolt from Steer smart to mount the Fox ATS SS ? I also have the Steer smart bottom draglink and TB. Please help.
If I remember right you’ll need the bolt from SS. You have to disassemble part of the Fox Stabilizer to get it to work. Going back to my previous feelings I don’t care for this combo and wouldn’t recommend. That’s based on my preference only though and since you already have the stabilizer the cheapest option is to make it work. You’ll need the clamp, stabilizer relocation bracket and ats bolt

Brett

JLBeast

First Name
Dozi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S
If I remember right you’ll need the bolt from SS. You have to disassemble part of the Fox Stabilizer to get it to work. Going back to my previous feelings I don’t care for this combo and wouldn’t recommend. That’s based on my preference only though and since you already have the stabilizer the cheapest option is to make it work. You’ll need the clamp, stabilizer relocation bracket and ats bolt

Brett
Thanks Brett!

Roadmaster

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota PU
<iframe src="" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<p><a href="">Exact Center Installation on Jeep Wrangler JL</a> from <a href="https://vimeo.com/user160162246">Roadmaster Inc</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>
Sponsored