MonkeyRider

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Cloth seat works great for me (JLUR) but leather would be nice on Sahara IMO.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
To me, it depends on what you're going to do. If it's going to be mostly a city driver and kept nice then, by all means, go for the leather.

I knew I leave my tops off and we stand on our seats or get on them after being sweaty and muddy from hiking so I wanted the Bartact seat covers so I opted for the cheapest seats (not that I have a choice on my Sport). I can pull these covers off 15 years from now and the original seats will look brand new.

offset_98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1993 Nissan 300ZX, 2015 Subaru Outback, 2011 Toyota Sienna
I'm struggling with the same question but will likely go cloth - reason being, I don't know what the seats will look like from the Florida sun in a few years. The seats in my '11 Toyota aren't great looking and they're leather. Seats in my wife's '15 Subaru look brand new still. Throw in that I have little kids too and at this point in life, cloth won't unnecessarily burn little legs like leather will in the hot sun. Plus...my oldest says she likes the cup holders on the floor vs in an armrest. I don't know what that's about, lol.

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
If you plan to use seat covers, then don't waste the money since you wont get the enjoyment.
I did not get leather on my JK and regretted it.
Properly cared for, they are much, much easier to keep clean than cloth. Hot butt in the summer is a bit of an issue though.

Sponsored

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
One consideration is how much you plan to use the Jeep topless. I enjoy the convertible aspect of the Jeep, which can make the leather very hot. I did purchase tan leather to mitigate this risk as I really wanted leather. But black seats get brutally hot on sunny summer days, so take that in consideration if you want to take the top off in the summer.

parrotheadphan

First Name
Mike (aka Kirk)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Firecracker Red, 3.6l, 8 spd auto
Occupation
Digital arts & photography teacher
Vehicle Showcase
Both of our Grand Cherokees had leather and our current van does too. I thought I would really miss it when we got our Sahara. So far, after two months, I have been very happy with the cloth. The cloth should be much better in the sun during the summer with the top off.

KeithM

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 06 Duramax, e39 Touring
Occupation
Software
I went cloth (Rubicon). If after a few years I don't like them, I can add leather for about the same price as factory. That said, Leather dash in Sahara looks pretty cool.

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
Leather.

Water alone will stain fabric. I got the leather and its extremely comfortable and the people that have taken a ride with me have said so too.

I will be trail riding soon and Ill get some seat covers for those purposes but when the top is on and its going to and from work, leather is NICE

Sponsored

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Do you want leather?
yes? get leather
no? do not get leather

If you absolutely MUST sit on a cows skin, get aftermarket leather installed.

Custom leather covers from katskins are nicer than OEM leather covers, and you can be different

some dealers actually sell and install the katskins covers

If I wanted Leather, that is the route I would have gone, but I hate leather seats so I went with cloth and will be covering them with bartact covers.

jayvis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Between the two choices Jeep offers (I've had both), I vote leather without hesitation. It can always be easily covered on those hot sunny days. Hope that Jeep will eventually offer a high quality synthetic leather like MB and BMW currently do.

Rhinozeroone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2.0
We got leather for the differences that had nothing to do with the material. The Leather comes with a fold down center armrest in the rear seat for the cup holders vs. floor cup holders. The leather also comes with the gap hider between the cargo area and the rear seats that the cloth does not come with.