LED Backup Lights?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I need to ask did your JL have the LED upgrade factory installed.
No, the DD bulbs are led replacements for the factory halogen bulbs only. AFAIK, no replacement for the factory led tail lights exists yet.
Sponsored

StevieBuns

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n Rubicon Unlimited
Hey guys check this out.... https://www.zroadz.com/product/zroa...g_kit_2018_wrangler_jl_w_two_3_inch_led_light

I like the Zroadz hinge mounts but my roof is off most of the time... At $302 for two 3 inch lights with bracket.

What am I missing...
I would love this as well but I'm not sure if it would work with a 37" tire on the back. I emailed Zroadz and they said they weren't sure. I told them they could always send me one for testing.....they didn't bite on that. Does anyone have any experience with this bracket and a 37" tire?

Also, does anyone have the wiring diagram for the trailer hitch? I'm looking to install these for next weekend and I'm not sure where to splice into on the trailer wiring.

Thanks!

Steve

SONofHELGI

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Something that sounds technical, but it's not.
OK, so I went a simple and inexpensive way to increase my reverse lighting. I can take better pictures of the lights themselves, but this is to help with the wiring more than anything. There's lots of ways to do this, this was easy and cheap for me and works perfectly. The wiring kit I purchased was from Amazon for $9.99, it's the MICTUNING MIC-B1002 LED Light Bar Wiring Harness and $29.99 for the LED Light Bar, Northpole Light 2x 7" 30W CREE Single Row Flood. Hope this helps some of you.

Reverse Lights.jpg

IMG_0902.jpg

Shub_32

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Runicon
So far it looks like this idea will work. I removed the Rigid bezel from the light which should be fine if I machine a groove into the reflector replacement and use it as the new bezel. I'll start messing with it this weekend, I may drive up to to the 3D guys and get them to digitize the OEM reflector for me.
IMG_20180604_191437.jpg
IMG_20180604_191908.jpg
What’s the model number on those leds. I’m in the process of mounting backup lights. Are they bright??? Thanks

XJrider

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL , 2 JK’s , XJ
Is the light output in regard to the LED backup lights sufficient enough?

Read on another forum a guy saying LED backup light output was poor.
Cant you just look at what yours puts out?

Sponsored

Hydroboy35th

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
So far it looks like this idea will work. I removed the Rigid bezel from the light which should be fine if I machine a groove into the reflector replacement and use it as the new bezel. I'll start messing with it this weekend, I may drive up to to the 3D guys and get them to digitize the OEM reflector for me.
IMG_20180604_191437.jpg
IMG_20180604_191908.jpg
Any updates on getting these mounted in the reflector?

Sprint7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ 2018 JL
Firecracker Rubi has been AWOL for a few months. I ordered this light and will follow up on this. Gonna pull out a reflector and see what is required.

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
Mine are ULTIMA PERFORMANCE HALOGEN 55W--hooked up as REAR LITES can be used any time/AUX2-

SUNP0091_zpsp1vjac3e.jpg

SUNP0093_zpsxsostivg.jpg

They can also be used as FOG LITES--

If dat don't beat all

W.E.

JIMBO
@JIMBOX do you have a picture of the screen while on reverse showing the lighting? I’m asking because I did a similar set up and if I look on the mirrors I have great lighting. If I stand behind the Jeep, great lighting but on the screen it shows really bright spots (more like spot lights) that blind the rest of the screen. I’ll try to take a picture later. But I’m not happy with the view on the screen. It’s like the wide angle lens of the camera distorts the light. Just want to know if it’s the kind of lamp or the camera.

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
@JIMBOX do you have a picture of the screen while on reverse showing the lighting? I’m asking because I did a similar set up and if I look on the mirrors I have great lighting. If I stand behind the Jeep, great lighting but on the screen it shows really bright spots (more like spot lights) that blind the rest of the screen. I’ll try to take a picture later. But I’m not happy with the view on the screen. It’s like the wide angle lens of the camera distorts the light. Just want to know if it’s the kind of lamp or the camera.
Here is photo of my install and screen shots on my 8.4 screen. See attached file.

Attachments

Sponsored

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
Well, yesterday I was doing a bit of research and found out that the Denali Flush mount LEDs are dual intensity. The lights are 3 wire (red, black, white). In my pics you see the 50% connection, I changed the wiring to use the 100% wire, WOW what a difference. I will try to get some pics of them this weekend.
Where did you purchase the Denali lights?

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUR; 2015 BMW R1200GS

THE JON

First Name
jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep wrangler JL sport S 2 door
Vehicle Showcase
That's fine and all, but where do you tie in the wiring, so they come on when you shift into reverse?
this works great. I have them and the output is good for the use.
Sponsored