Sponsored

392 Specific Lift Kits

Which lift or spacer kit have you installed?

• Clayton Off Road

• MetalCloak Game Changer

• JKS (not currently available for 392)

• Teraflex Spacer Lift

• AEV Spacer Lift

• Staying OEM

• Other - Add a comment below

Results are only viewable after voting.

ozon8r

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Spending a bit of time researching 392 capable lift kits. I initially considered a TeraFlex spacer lift for the short term fix to keep 37" tires from rubbing off road while waiting for the market to mature offerings for the 392. But with Clayton and MetalCloak already out there with 392 kits, I decided to just consider a proper lift system, buy once cry once.

I narrowed down to Clayton, MetalCloak, and JKS based on informal discussions with jeeper enthusiasts, installers, and general info available thru forums, YT, social media, etc. My first choice was JKS and really like the girth of the control arms, 2" with 0.25" thick walls. I did just call JKS 9/23/21 and they indicated the two lift kits I considered, the 3.5" J-Connect and the 3.5" J-Krawl will not fit the 392. I damn near pulled the trigger and glad I called but also really disappointed JKS will not fit as of today. Clayton's lift is currently backordered, good for them and a good sign of the interest from 392 owners in aftermarket lifts. So, the 3.5" Game Changer MetalCloak has moved into the lead, but just their lift and not their shocks. I am pretty sure that whatever direction I go, the lift will be paired with the Fox 2.5 Elite series with DSC shocks.

Interested in what other lifts 392 owners are considering, particularly with larger tires than the OEM 33s.

Also, if you have a lift installed, comment below on which one along with pros and cons of that lift.

And let me know in the comments below if I missed some lifts available for the 392.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Spending a bit of time researching 392 capable lift kits. I initially considered a TeraFlex spacer lift for the short term fix to keep 37" tires from rubbing off road while waiting for the market to mature offerings for the 392. But with Clayton and MetalCloak are already out there with 392 kits, I decided to just consider a proper lift system, buy once cry once.

I narrowed down to Clayton, MetalCloak, and JKS based on informal discussions with jeeper enthusiasts, installers, and general info available thru forums, YT, social media, etc. My first choice was JKS and really like the girth of the control arms, 2" with 0.25" thick walls. I did just call JKS 9/23/21 and they indicated the two lift kits I considered, the 3.5" J-Connect and the 3.5" J-Krawl will not fit the 392. I damn near pulled the trigger and glad I called but also really disappointed JKS will not fit as of today. Clayton's lift is currently backordered, good for them and a good sign of the interest from 392 owners in aftermarket lifts. So, the 3.5" Game Changer MetalCloak has moved into the lead, but just their lift and not their shocks. I am pretty sure that whatever direction I go, the lift will be paired with the Fox 2.5 Elite series with DSC shocks.

Interested in what other lifts 392 owners are considering, particularly with larger tires than the OEM 33s.

Also, if you have a lift installed, comment below on which one along with pros and cons of that lift.

And let me know in the comments below if I missed some lifts available for the 392.
On my 392 XR JL I'm going with the Clayton Offroad Overland 3.5" Part number COR-2909335. Their quality is amazing. Everything I have installed from them really was top level. To me it's worth any production wait time there might be and their customer service is top level.

texasbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392; 2018 JLUR (sold); 2016 JKU (sold)
Does anyone know the true amount of lift you get from the MetalCloak 2.5” lift on a 392?

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Will any of your front-runners sell you a kit with springs deleted? You could use a spacer temporarily while you wait for the 392 springs to be released.

Sponsored

dgerb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 392
Will any of your front-runners sell you a kit with springs deleted? You could use a spacer temporarily while you wait for the 392 springs to be released.
I thought MC's springs were 392 specific. If you go to the Metal Cloak site, it looks like they offer everything individually the kit contains...control arms, track bar, bump stops...etc. But a phone call would probably be best...

AFdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler
I just had the MetalCloak 3.5 GC installed yesterday. Previously I was on 1" (2x .5", stacked) Teraflex spacers.

For those concerned with ride height, the 3.5" is definitely taller than the spacer setup I was running before. I totally forgot to get before measurements but my overall height is right at 78.75". On 37" KM3's

MC 3.5 GC

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 Specific Lift Kits tempImageLa7Rns

vs

1" Teraflex Spacers

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 Specific Lift Kits tempImageWEIuVA

I'll work on getting a similar pic soon for better comparison. For now, the day is early.

OP
OP
ozon8r

ozon8r

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
I just had the MetalCloak 3.5 GC installed yesterday. Previously I was on 1" (2x .5", stacked) Teraflex spacers.

For those concerned with ride height, the 3.5" is definitely taller than the spacer setup I was running before. I totally forgot to get before measurements but my overall height is right at 78.75". On 37" KM3's

MC 3.5 GC

tempImageLa7Rns.jpg

vs

1" Teraflex Spacers

tempImageWEIuVA.jpg

I'll work on getting a similar pic soon for better comparison. For now, the day is early.
Your rig looks awesome.

What shocks did you install? Did you replace the front drive shaft and if so, what did you go with? I am thinking about Fox 2.5 Elite DSC and Adams 1350s front and rear drive shafts, the front to provide the ds room to articulate.

Last edited:

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner

MC 3.5 GC

vs

1" Teraflex Spacers

Looks good. I’m going to test the limit with the bigger tires and see when I feel like more height is needed.

AFdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler
Your rig looks awesome.

What shocks did you install? Did you replace the front drive shaft and if so, what did you go with? I am thinking about Fox 2.5 Elite DSC and Adams 1350s front and rear drive shafts, the front to provide the ds room to articulate.
I went with the 6-packs and their front driveshaft. For some reason I thought it was a 1350. It’s a 1310. I may upgrade after a while for the piece of mind.

it rides good so far. I’m on errand duty at the moment so no off road testimonial yet.

944FAFCB-3FBA-4913-830D-6CB900AE4024.jpeg

B5CD447A-1BD3-4D9E-896A-E7C366F5B609.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
ozon8r

ozon8r

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
While wrenching on the MetalCloak skid plates and busting knuckles, my Fox 2.5 DSCs showed up. I just ordered Thursday from Extreme Terrain. 2 day turn is pretty quick and glad they were in stock.

texasbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
While wrenching on the MetalCloak skid plates and busting knuckles, my Fox 2.5 DSCs showed up. I just ordered Thursday from Extreme Terrain. 2 day turn is pretty quick and glad they were in stock.
Awesome! I installed the Fox 2.5 DSCs on mine about a month ago and they are fantastic! Definitely stiffens up the suspension and makes it feel more sporty. You're going to love them.

OP
OP
ozon8r

ozon8r

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Awesome! I installed the Fox 2.5 DSCs on mine about a month ago and they are fantastic! Definitely stiffens up the suspension and makes it feel more sporty. You're going to love them.
Did you install a lift and if so, which one? Any fitment issues with the Fox 2.5s? There is a YouTube post with a guy installing the 3.0s with remote reservoirs and his rear sway bar hits the reservoir on the driver side at full flex on stock lift.

texasbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you install a lift and if so, which one? Any fitment issues with the Fox 2.5s? There is a YouTube post with a guy installing the 3.0s with remote reservoirs and his rear sway bar hits the reservoir on the driver side at full flex on stock lift.
I did not install a lift, but plan to when I can find a 392 specific lift that raises it up about 1 inch. For now, I placed 3/4" coil spacers front and rear. I didn't have any fitment issues other than needing to trim the wheel well liner in a few spots to accommodate the hose that leads to the reservoir for the front shocks. I haven't flexed it out since the install but I don't anticipate any rubbing issues...time will tell!

AFdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler
How long did it take to get the MC skids once you ordered? I’m trying to make up my mind on which skids to get and curious to lead times.
Sponsored