First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
I just received my 2021 model 4XE. I need to go pick it up tomorrow. I should cancel the order and order a 2022 model. it's already 1 year old.
I’m not following. Even if you order October 4th 2021 you’ll be lucky to have it by mid December. Since it’s luck the draw, it could also be as long as February or March 2022. Take your 4xe, use it for now and place an order for a 2022 model. Sell it the 4xe when you take delivery for the 2022 . Also, 22 is going to be a short run year with little to no changes.
Sponsored

chcg12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
I’m not following. Even if you order October 4th 2021 you’ll be lucky to have it by mid December. Since it’s luck the draw, it could also be as long as February or March 2022. Take your 4xe, use it for now and place an order for a 2022 model. Sell it the 4xe when you take delivery for the 2022 . Also, 22 is going to be a short run year with little to no changes.
How do we know its a short model year run? Is that because there is a refresh for 2023?

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Fact check source?

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
How do we know its a short model year run? Is that because there is a refresh for 2023?
Most of us here are assuming it will be a short run. That’s all.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Fact check source?
Could it run all the way through till December 2022? Sure! Most of us here assume it will be a short run. Geez lol.

Sponsored

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
Nobody here knows anything. Look at the vehicle manufacturers coming out with all new vehicle designs for 2022. Seems like it's a big year. It wouldn't be smart for Jeep to do nothing new for 2022 considering other manufacturers are making big changes and especially with the Bronco on the heals of Jeep now. I'd be shocked if 2022 was a short run. Especially with everything going on. People thought Harley Davidson was going to have a short run this year as well because they changed the new release and order dates from August to January. Nope looks like they're keeping it that way now.

Hayabusa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 392 XR
If I had a live order for a 2021 I'd keep it..."a bird in the hand..."

With the supply chain "issues" being created out there who the hell knows how the roulette wheel of production will play out for our rides.

Wanted to trade my Widebody Redeye so held out this year to see if I could secure a 392 the way I wanted it...nope. Sold the car while the used car $$$ were at peak and secured a 2022 allocation for a 392 XR.

Will be interesting to see if there are any changes to what I can currently build on the Jeep site. This waiting reminds me of the 2015 Hellcat pain us musclecar guys went through back then.

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Bronco on the heals of Jeep now.
I'd say Bronco is on the horizon. I wouldn't consider it on the heels just yet. But until they start to be able to deliver in some higher volumes. The wait times, delays and early recalls still make the Bronco a very niche and limited option at this stage, at least in my opinion.

I think by MY23 we're going to see things get crazy. By that stage production may be sorted out for Bronco, the new 4Runner is projected to be released, and the JL refresh is projected. Hell, Bronco Warthog might actually be a thing by then.

The only down side is I could see the base 2dr wrangler price creeping close to $40K by then if they keep slowing upping it.

jsm11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL - Sahara
I think they already shot both barrels with the release of the Willys Kit. Prepare for disappointment, it’s what Jeep does. They’ll be pushing the mid cycle refresh to 2023…

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I think they already shot both barrels with the release of the Willys Kit. Prepare for disappointment, it’s what Jeep does. They’ll be pushing the mid cycle refresh to 2023…
Yeah that’s what the 2022s are going to look like. Same as MY 21s. No photos of the inside so a small chance of uConnect 5, but I doubt it. Probably new colors and that’s it until 23s are announced maybe summer of next year.

Sponsored

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
No Uconnect 5 or any other interior changes. UConnect5 won't work with the current Infotainment and there is always a lot of press around UC5 upgrades in models. Plenty of photos of the 2022 interior on journalist articles from the event last week. Carryover year except for XR and maybe some other special editions.

Yeah that’s what the 2022s are going to look like. Same as MY 21s. No photos of the inside so a small chance of uConnect 5, but I doubt it. Probably new colors and that’s it until 23s are announced maybe summer of next year.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
No Uconnect 5 or any other interior changes. UConnect5 won't work with the current Infotainment and there is always a lot of press around UC5 upgrades in models. Plenty of photos of the 2022 interior on journalist articles from the event last week. Carryover year except for XR and maybe some other special editions.
Yup glad I got my 392 :)

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Yup glad I got my 392 :)
Dude, I can't even imagine
As part of the break in, ya wanna hammer a new engine ever so often. I did it yesterday and I was throughly impressed with my little 2.0 Turbo.

I can't even imagine doing that in a 392. I'm glad I can't afford one.

Because I would be in jail, broke from paying traffic tickets, have no license left to drive on, but have a permanent smile on my face. 😁

Last edited:

chirojeep

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU High Altitude
Occupation
Chiropractor
Does anyone know when the 2022 special editions will be launched? I always love seeing that they come up with?

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
I ordered my '22 on October 17 and am expecting beginning of February to pick it up. I wish it was here now. I'm getting antsy!
Sponsored