2022 Models - Press Release Dates

cptchunk

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
True, but there's a big difference - In the PC world you can upgrade your computer a year later for a grand or so. Harder to do that with a car. That said, there will always be folks on both sides of the fence - buy now and you'll be happy or buy later and you'll be happy.
Fair point. I could have probably used another, more expensive hobby, but the principal tends to apply throughout.

The answer to FOMO is YOLO, and it gets easier to apply the older one gets. I would much rather enjoy life more today than wait for something better, you never know when your time is up. There will always be something better coming.
True that. I also like to apply ā€˜I work too hard to not but nice things for myselfā€™
Sponsored

e23nk1

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Freedom Oscar Mike
The only guarantee about the '22 is that it will cost more.
That is $oo true...lol
Since I found this site I read so many posts that one post talks me into ordering now and the next has me thinking ahh wait another week...lol

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
My money would be on a mid-cycle interior refresh in 2023 to accommodate a larger screen and wireless charging pad for UC5. They will probably keep the 7inch UC4 as the base option.

As always with the Wrangler, if you can get the powertrain you want and the color you want, I would order and not wait.
Agreed. The mid-cycle redesign should be out this time next year.

If the all-new Grand Cherokee is an indication, Iā€™d expect 2023 JL to adopt the new Jeep steering wheel, some sort of a 12-inch screen option, greater use of ā€œvirtualā€ gauges, integrate the latest version of UConnect, and use higher-grade interior materials on Saharas and high-end Rubicons.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Models - Press Release Dates maxresdefault

Mechanically, there will likely be more packages offering 33-inch tires, and perhaps one or two on Rubicon with 35-inch tires.

There appears to be a trend towards offering lifts as a factory option. I can see the Mopar lift added to the list of options in 2023.

We can be sure prices will go up accordingly.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Agreed. The mid-cycle redesign should be out this time next year.

If the all-new Grand Cherokee is an indication, Iā€™d expect 2023 JL to adopt the new Jeep steering wheel, some sort of a 12-inch screen option, greater use of ā€œvirtualā€ gauges, and higher-grade interior materials on Saharas and high-end Rubicons.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Models - Press Release Dates maxresdefault

Mechanically, there will likely be more packages offering 33-inch tires, and perhaps one or two on Rubicon with 35-inch tires.

There appears to be a trend towards offering lifts as a factory option. I can see the Mopar lift added to the list of options in 2023.

We can be sure prices will go up accordingly.
I do think they should adopt Grand Cherokee level interior for the Sahara.

i would love that steering wheel too.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I do think they should adopt Grand Cherokee level interior for the Sahara.

i would love that steering wheel too.
Yes. The current trend at Jeep appears to be to cover a price range as wide as possible.

High Altitude looks and feels like a half-baked concept as it sits right now. I doubt itā€™s been very successful. I can see Jeep incorporating many of the features from High Altitude into Sahara to make it more of a standout ā€œalternativeā€ to Rubicon.

Sponsored

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
That is $oo true...lol
Since I found this site I read so many posts that one post talks me into ordering now and the next has me thinking ahh wait another week...lol
If I order a 2022, it will be my ninth brand new Wrangler since my first in 1999, a TJ Sport. Yes, every one of them cost more than the last one.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
There was a Jeep Press Event at the Chicago Auto Show. They said the Xtreme Recon will start production next month. I think the Xtreme Recon package starts with the 2022s? That might mean the 2022s start next month? I guess we will see next month...

They also mention Uconnect5 having 5X faster processing.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
The only guarantee about the '22 is that it will cost more.
The Rubicon will definitely cost more if you order today. You get more though. You just don't get a choice. This month anyway. The $4K Xtreme Recon package is required on all Rubicons orders this month. That was reported by a few forum members who are ordering.

Luvwine

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
The Rubicon will definitely cost more if you order today. You get more though. You just don't get a choice. This month anyway. The $4K Xtreme Recon package is required on all Rubicons orders this month. That was reported by a few forum members who are ordering.
I bet not for 4XE Rubicons....

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
There was a Jeep Press Event at the Chicago Auto Show. They said the Xtreme Recon will start production next month. I think the Xtreme Recon package starts with the 2022s? That might mean the 2022s start next month? I guess we will see next month...
No, the Xtreme Recon now shows up on July 6, 2021 order guides. If 2022 models were starting next month we would not have seen a July order guide for the 2021 model year. In the past Jeep will have a cut off date for new orders, they build out the orders for that model year which usually is a couple months. Usually after the order cut date, a new model year order guide will come out shortly after. Multiple source say December 6th is the day 2022 start production. Based on the past, the 2022 order guide will likely be in October.

Sponsored

timuh60

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe JLU, 2020 Sahara JLU (sold)
Any chance the xtreme recon package will be available for the 4xe?

Stirbo

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Moab
It shows up on this forum a week or two later. I am not sure of the source.

A lot of automobile prediction websites are notoriously bad at predictions. I highly doubt 37" tire will be available. Jeep doesn't even have 35" tires, which would be the next logical step up. The rest of options besides the winch are available in the Diesel, Rubicon or the 392 already. May be it will trick down. Given the trending of the price increases the last 4 months, it is likely Jeep will continue to raise the price.

I would expect a couple different colors, a price increase and some option variations. Maybe a new option, maybe a special model. The could also restrict options to higher selling models with semiconductor shortage. Some manufacturers are making much more of the higher level higher level vehicles to make up for lost sales.
XR package will have 35ā€

JARINTA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Iā€™m sorry if this has been answered already. From my research here it looks like new year models hit the dealers between august and October. Thatā€™s great. Hereā€™s what I want to know.

Whatā€™s the earliest/common time frame new model year changes/updates are released to the press? May? June?

Im in the market for a new car and would like to know if thereā€™s anything major coming like U Connect 5. If so, I can wait another 6 months from today. If not, I may just buy something now. Thanks!
I just received my 2021 model 4XE. I need to go pick it up tomorrow. I should cancel the order and order a 2022 model. it's already 1 year old.
Sponsored