Sponsored

Best tailgate table?

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
LittleDog
"Should probably look into something like Spotify, as I often miss my traffic jam/long trip cd of all long songs."

Umm, cant you copy your cds onto a flash drive and plug it into the usb port for the radio?

Oh? Is the jeep smart enough to read just a straight directory of mp3s? Or does it need some weird format?

You've made me simultaneously very excited at this prospect, and disappointed that I have no idea where all of my old files are now.
Sponsored

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
I am all about music too but it's off topic. Thanks.
Sorry.

But yeah, you don't need to think of the "cutting boards" as such, they are really just extra usable space. Most of them suck as actual cutting boards.

The Rough Country seems to be a pretty solid choice, according to many. I remember some complaints of rattling, but that might be luck of the draw.

Do you want an OEM finished look and no maintenance or modification required, or would you not mind if there's a bit of tinkering involved?

The old axiom of, "done well, cheap, or fast: choose two" is the case with most everything we do to our jeeps. So you pays yer money, and you takes yer choice.

I still vote for Frontrunner. It's even steel, so you can stick magnets to it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Best tailgate table? 20201204_100030

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Another vote for the Outback Adventure Table.

Added the magnet strip for knives and whatever else needs to be held but love the table. Greg's customer service is awesome.
Where did you find the magnet strip ?

RFR JLR 2.0

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon 3.6L
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Geologist

Got this one from Amazon. Basically a generic version of the Mopar one. no rattle. Cheap. Easy install.
My wife bought me one of these for my birthday. If I bought it I would have spent at least three time as much. Works great and doesn’t rattle.

FrostQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Which vendor or brand?
How much was it?
How are the hinges? Does it seem like it will hold up?
Any rattles or noise?
No rattles or noise. Pretty rock solid when closed. I can’t find the exact Amazon listing anymore...it was like $90CAD. But I expect that it’s all from the same manufacturer just from different vendors. I bet Mopar and RC both source from the same China plant and just stamp their logo on it.

Sponsored

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I've had my FrontRunner table for a few years now and it's a solid product.

Pros:
- No rattles
- Super strong
- Has cutting board
- Meets middle ground for pricing

Cons:
- Install requires expansion of one of the pre-drilled holes on the back of the table. Not a big deal.

- The included cutting board is of crap quality. Advice is to make your own. The board in my photos below is a custom board.

I think they upgraded the board quality. The board on mine isn't that bad.

WhitneyWillys

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Willys
It definitely has the most surface area with the two tiers. It is very tempting at it's price point too. My oniy concern would be rattling from all he extra panels that fold up. Any issues?
No rattling except while closing the tailgate.

bjm00se

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6sp ordered 11/3/21, picked up 8/30/22
So far, no one has mentioned that many of these designs block the tailgate air exit vents.

This affects the efficiency of the climate control, and makes all the seals work harder when you slam the door shut.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
So far, no one has mentioned that many of these designs block the tailgate air exit vents.

This affects the efficiency of the climate control, and makes all the seals work harder when you slam the door shut.
I think most of us have doors off and top down, I have the Outback Adventures one and have honestly not noticed any difference.

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU

And explodes your windows.

I think that there’s only one table that really seals off the vents. The one that replaces the panel with a solid, light-coloured sheet of aluminum.

On any table that keeps the panel in place there would be no issues. Or you could remove the panel entirely for extra storage and venting:
Jeep Wrangler JL Best tailgate table? 20210514_182015

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Another reason why I went with the RC table. I run with a hard top (aside from my Sunrider) year round.

OP
OP

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)

This is a good point. I wonder if sealing off the rear tail gate vents will cause more fogging of the windows when it rains?

TG8N4CY

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR - Granite Crystal
Occupation
Agriculture Business
Vehicle Showcase
+1 for Outback Adventure. It's sturdy, quiet, easy to clean and the lower pullout nearly doubles your work space. I recently had to replace my JL and therefore my accessories moved to the new vehicle. Pulling the plastic blind nuts out was difficult and I messed many of them up. I contacted Outback and they mailed me a new set of hardware. Great product and customer service.

JL Tailgater.jpg
Hey longlivethemanul, sorry to change the subject but do you have a link or any info on the storage rack in that pic?

Paul uk

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
No rattles or noise. Pretty rock solid when closed. I can’t find the exact Amazon listing anymore...it was like $90CAD. But I expect that it’s all from the same manufacturer just from different vendors. I bet Mopar and RC both source from the same China plant and just stamp their logo on it.
I’m in the UK mine arrives next weekend. Here’s the link: Hooke Road Wrangler Tailgate Table Foldable Cargo Shelf for 2018-2020 Jeep Wrangler JL & Unlimited https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07YHR43W7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_ZQYXKCRV3H9PRE19QTRN
Sponsored