2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Technology and Analytics

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Looks great - does the board slide all the way out or is there a catch that stops it at a certain point?
I do like that my Frontrunner has stops so the board doesn't come all the way out

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I have the frontrunner and it's great. The table also extends out to give more space and does not rattle.
I don't think you can go wrong wit the Front Runner. I'm very happy with it.

XTREME RIG

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Does any of you guys planing on selling you tailgate trim piece or just typically throw it away, if you do let me know. I am looking for one and I have this one in case someone will be buying a Vector Off-Road tail gate table. I sold mine but still have the trim and all the holes match perfect.

IMG_2349.JPG

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I have the Trailgater. It’s expensive compared to others But I really like it,

blschaefer1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport S
This is an exterior mod instead of interior mod?

I started with the Amazon.com $59 Chinese knock-off of the Mopar table. It was better than I expected and the customer support from the person who obviously was not a native English speaker was quite good too.

I eventually replaced it with the one from Rock Slide Engineering because I expected to place heavier loads than what I thought could be reliably supported via the crimped loop braided steel cables of the Mopar-style design. The Rock Slide table is much deeper than any other table out there because it has a hinged two piece table top. As a bonus it has an upper level too. I appreciate the very simple design: all aluminum sheet and hinges. No special hardware or small pieces to wear out over time.

It does not have the slide out cutting board which means I cannot use my 2 burner Coleman camp stove with the 1 lb propane tank hanging off the side. But even the smaller upper table is deep enough to comfortable hold a single burner butane stove. If you live near a Korean supermarket you can get a higher quality version of these stoves and good butane cans for far less price than other retail outlets.

The upper table tilts up and out of the way if you need to place a tall item on the lower table. The upper table is also very solid if you need to be cutting vegetables but uncomfortably high if you are short or have lots of food prep to do.

It did rattle a lot when I first got it but after I placed some small rubber kitchen cabinet bumpers and some foam furniture feet in strategic locations it rattles far less.

Jeep Wrangler JL Tailgate Table recommendations? IMG_2349.JPG

I have the Rock Slide also and really like. As you said, it rattles like crazy, especially on the trail. Weather stripping and felt tape addressed most of the problem. Rock slide should really address this in the design somehow.

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Does any of you guys planing on selling you tailgate trim piece or just typically throw it away, if you do let me know. I am looking for one and I have this one in case someone will be buying a Vector Off-Road tail gate table. I sold mine but still have the trim and all the holes match perfect.

Why did you sell the vector?

Jeepney18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Corolla S, 2018 JL Sport S Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Where's the best place to get the front runner tailgate? Any labor day deals out there?

Sponsored

Flying Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-350
There is no catch it will slide all the way out. I try to only slide about 3/4’s of the way out
For those of you that run the Overland Adventure Trailgate do you find the slide-out cutting board useful and stable? I ask because American Adventure Labs is a local business and the only reason I’m hesitant to install their VersaTable is the Trailgate and the added space it offers.

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
For those of you that run the Overland Adventure Trailgate do you find the slide-out cutting board useful and stable? I ask because American Adventure Labs is a local business and the only reason I’m hesitant to install their VersaTable is the Trailgate and the added space it offers.
Not sure on that unit. If it's like the front runner, it's pretty stable. Fully extended I'd be hesitant to put more than 10lbs pressure or weight at the end of the board, but it's still incredibly useful

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Not sure on that unit. If it's like the front runner, it's pretty stable. Fully extended I'd be hesitant to put more than 10lbs pressure or weight at the end of the board, but it's still incredibly useful
Same here very stable on the FrontRunner

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Has anyone see both the Mopar and Rough Country side by side? What are the quality differences?
Sponsored