Best tailgate table?

WhitneyWillys

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Willys
The Rock Slide Engineering table seems to have the most effective surface area. It has two tiers, and a deeper shelf. I find it perfect for my needs. My most useful mod till date. The entire family agrees :)
Sponsored

OP
OP

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
OP
OP

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Rock Slide Engineering table seems to have the most effective surface area. It has two tiers, and a deeper shelf. I find it perfect for my needs. My most useful mod till date. The entire family agrees :)
It definitely has the most surface area with the two tiers. It is very tempting at it's price point too. My oniy concern would be rattling from all he extra panels that fold up. Any issues?

OP
OP

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

FrostQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL Best tailgate table? 194ACBB3-92B5-4CDB-AD8C-F663708DC660

Got this one from Amazon. Basically a generic version of the Mopar one. no rattle. Cheap. Easy install.

Sponsored

OP
OP

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hokey smokes, the Mopar table is expensive now! $190-250? My table cost less, for way more. Definitely look around. There are knockoffs for $80 or so, and rattling can usually be fixed with rubber/felt pads. My Frontrunner table does not rattle at all, though it has a tiny spot of rust after 1.5 years and a good amount of wet weather.

There's some people on the forum that made their own for super cheap and have write-ups. The panel on the tail gate comes off easily. Though the clips might make some unhappy noises, they aren't the kind that break if you look at them funny. Lots of hardpoints back there.
I know right? Mopar for $200 verses Rough Country for $80. You usually get what you pay for when something is more than 2.5X more expensive but it's a simple table design. The only real wear and tear items are the hinge pins and hinges. I am not concerned about the hinge pins too much. It's the hinges that I wonder about?

OP
OP

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
194ACBB3-92B5-4CDB-AD8C-F663708DC660.jpeg

Got this one from Amazon. Basically a generic version of the Mopar one. no rattle. Cheap. Easy install.
Which vendor or brand?
How much was it?
How are the hinges? Does it seem like it will hold up?
Any rattles or noise?

Last edited:
OP
OP

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone see both the Mopar and Rough Country side by side? What are the quality differences?

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Another vote for the Outback Adventure Table.

Jeep Wrangler JL Best tailgate table? 1620923032172

Added the magnet strip for knives and whatever else needs to be held but love the table. Greg's customer service is awesome.

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
Across all of the various forums I've been on, you are the first person to ever get that! I'm impressed! It is a great song, and Traffic is such an under appreciated band.
If they're all automotive forums, I'll bet people just think you misfire a lot.

Glad I caught it, haven't heard or even thought about that song in years, so I fired it up on Youtube. Never realised how long it was until I saw the running times. Time flies in the company of good music.

If mix tapes or cds were a still thing in the jeep, I'd totally fire it up every time I saw a wall of brake lights and loudly exclaim, "uh oh, did somebody say Traffic?" Then mellow jam time-warp through it while not thinking about the lyrics.

Sponsored

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
That Outback table looks really high quality. I do not need a cutting board. I would definitely consider one if I had a use for a cutting board.
I don’t use the cutting board for cutting. I just use it as a secondary counter top surface. I work on the main fold down bit and the cutting board is where is set things

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I've had my FrontRunner table for a few years now and it's a solid product.

Pros:
- No rattles
- Super strong
- Has cutting board
- Meets middle ground for pricing

Cons:
- Install requires expansion of one of the pre-drilled holes on the back of the table. Not a big deal.

- The included cutting board is of crap quality. Advice is to make your own. The board in my photos below is a custom board.

20200616_185352.jpg

20200616_185329.jpg

Low_Spark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
If they're all automotive forums, I'll bet people just think you misfire a lot.

Glad I caught it, haven't heard or even thought about that song in years, so I fired it up on Youtube. Never realised how long it was until I saw the running times. Time flies in the company of good music.

If mix tapes or cds were a still thing in the jeep, I'd totally fire it up every time I saw a wall of brake lights and loudly exclaim, "uh oh, did somebody say Traffic?" Then mellow jam time-warp through it while not thinking about the lyrics.
I do misfire a lot, but thats between me and my doctor! :headbang:

Traffic is a great band, they are one I can throw on and just listen too all day.

Mix tapes still exist, they are now Spotify playlists. I just download them on wifi at home and then I can listen to them in the car without using my cell data.

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
I do misfire a lot, but thats between me and my doctor! :headbang:

Traffic is a great band, they are one I can throw on and just listen too all day.

Mix tapes still exist, they are now Spotify playlists. I just download them on wifi at home and then I can listen to them in the car without using my cell data.

I listen to "my" music much less now, ever since automobile multi disc changers and cds in general went away. I actually took for granted that the JL would have a cd player. First thing I did with the jeep when I got home was to bring the stack of cds out and confusedly search for a slot.

Should probably look into something like Spotify, as I often miss my traffic jam/long trip cd of all long songs.

My go-to "sit, and actually listen to" album was Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here. Much better burned onto cd, so you get 25 straight minutes of Shine On You Crazy Diamond.

LostSoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
future JLUR
LittleDog
"Should probably look into something like Spotify, as I often miss my traffic jam/long trip cd of all long songs."

Umm, cant you copy your cds onto a flash drive and plug it into the usb port for the radio?
Sponsored