Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t get any largesse, unfortunately; I’m over the threshold.
Sponsored

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Divide the cost of this program by every person in this country it will equal about $6,600. Imagine walking in to your bank and borrowing $6,600 and only getting $1,400... With that in mind please know that $1,400 skid system or new tires you are purchasing are costing you $6,600 plus interest.
It’s like every other government handout, the people funding it don’t get to participate in any of the benefits.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I wish it was a more gnarly story but I had to ditch off a long, straight dirt road (coming out on the west end of Long Canyon in moab near Dead Horse Point) after a dirt biker came over a crest at top speed down the middle. I was doing about 35 and hit an unlucky spot on the siding that bottomed me out and put a lot of force on the front passenger side. Guy kept going. Axle tube shifted upwards at the FAD and the spot welds are popped on both sides of the fad housing. Had to adjust the drag link pretty significantly to straighten the steering back out before I could get it back to my spot for the night.

This happened after 2 full days of successful, relaxing wheeling on Hell's Revenge, Fins n things, and Poison Spider.

You can see the unintentional camber here and the indication of movement at the FAD area. I'm only running 35" Patagonias and relatively lightweight Fifteen52 wheels.

80A33440-BAE4-4538-B134-3F42C5EE32B6_1_105_c.jpeg
594EA9AB-E377-4F5E-8AF2-D4F8B494BC9A_1_105_c.jpeg
Biker on the wrong side of the road would have caused less damage as a hood ornament and his insurance would have reached out to you.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
$1,400 will go toward my tax bill.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Heimkehr

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Biker on the wrong side of the road would have caused less damage as a hood ornament and his insurance would have reached out to you.
I confess to having the same thought

(...and I say this as someone who enjoys riding my dual sport off road, although at saner speeds and always on the correct side of things.)

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

i was bad, ordered a new fridge from Iceco and a jackery battery pack with solar panel. helllllo no more ice stops

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I confess to having the same thought

(...and I say this as someone who enjoys riding my dual sport off road, although at saner speeds and always on the correct side of things.)
My folks are life long Harley riders, I have nothing against motorcycle riders. I'm also not going to wreck my vehicle because you made a bad decision. The ohv park nearest my house is mixed use and has some incredibly steep hills. I have stopped going there completely because so many dirt bike riders will ride out in front of you on a hill that's too steep for you to stop on. No I don't want to squash your teenager that you set loose on a dirt bike without teaching him trail etiquette, but if it's him or my family I only have 1 option.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Highly unlikely I'll get "stimulated" in this last 1.9 trillion spending spree. The first one was based on 2019 income, which put me way out of the brackets, even though I had stopped working before the end of Jan 2020. From Jan 2020, next to no income, just living on savings. But I think they are basing it on your last tax filing and extrapolating.

Sponsored

JROOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
I’m thinking 37’s and a regear. Trying to find some 37s that work reasonably well in snow and ice for what they are. Not KO2’s they run too small.

note to all: if you are ever on the line considering 35’s vs 37s just do yerself a favor and do it right the first time.

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
never got our 2nd or 3rd stimuli :swear:

OP
OP
Heimkehr

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
The ohv park nearest my house is mixed use and has some incredibly steep hills. I have stopped going there completely because so many dirt bike riders will ride out in front of you on a hill that's too steep for you to stop on.

No I don't want to squash your teenager that you set loose on a dirt bike without teaching him trail etiquette, but if it's him or my family I only have 1 option.
Agree completely.

Just don't underestimate the degree of damage that a motorcycle can cause to a vehicle. Physics doesn't care whose fault it is. The law may not, either.

As unfortunate as the suspension damage was to jessedacri's Jeep, his decision to swerve away from a bike coming "at top speed down the middle" likely prevented a hell of a lot more injury (to vehicle and person) from occurring.

Be safe.