Sponsored

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
I ordered my Jeep in early October and it smoothly went through the build process up until it reached end location at the rail. It’s been on a ‘hold’ for weeks with very little info on the issue, other than there is possibly a manufacturing and/or quality assurance issue.

It’s odd to me that, since I’m buying, the exact issue isn’t being disclosed and why Jeep isn’t held to a timeline for delivering to dealer. Has anyone had any similar issues with this step?
Ordered on 10/15/2020
Built and Waiting on Final Inspection 11/13/2020
As of 12/01/2020, still waiting at railyard to hop a train to Arizona.
Dates provided by Jeep Chat is estimated to be between 12/14 and 12/24
I was told that this is often the bottleneck, and where nobody has control of the timeline.
I am guessing they need to fill cars going to like destinations.
Built in less than4 weeks, and another 5-6 weeks to deliver it. Oh well.
Sponsored

Mostacholi

First Name
Mosta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Hello All,

I just want to post on this thread to document my experience ordering/receiving my 2021 JLU Sahara.

I had been researching and considering either a JLU or a JT for about 6 months. In September I finally opted for a JLU Sahara and shopped around in the local Tampa Bay Area.

This was a frustrating experience as the local dealers where not willing to negotiate pricing on 2021 models (they wanted to charge full MSRP or very close to it), not to mention they kept adding absurd fees. One of the dealers even assured me that my specific configuration that was possible on the Jeep website would not be possible unless I added another expensive package (that was total BS and they knew it). By the end of September I was fed up with Jeep, and started looking at other cars.

Then in early October a fellow member at the JeepGladiatorForum pointed me to Gupton Motors in Springfield, TN.

I reached out to Daniel Gupton on 10/8, and by 10/12 had already agreed on pricing for my build of choice, had all my questions answered, and submitted a $1000 deposit for the 2021 JLU Sahara. Here is the exact timeline:

10/12 - $1000 deposit paid

10/13 - order submitted by dealer

10/16 - POC received

~ 11/3 - Build Sheet tracked via the web tool in the forum

11/9 - Window sticker tracked by web tool, and vehicle received at dealer

Yes! When I received the news from Daniel, I thought he meant that the vehicle was awaiting transport to the dealer, but in fact it was sitting on their lot, waiting for me.

I took ownership of the vehicle on 11/14, just a month after it was ordered. That to me was absolutely amazing.

The whole buying experience was excellent. Daniel and the whole team at Gupton Motors were wonderful. I am very thankful to forum members that help each other like you do here. When I think about it, if not for the information that I learned from you on guides like this one, the pricing guide, and in other posts, I would’ve given up on buying a Jeep.

I will try find the proper thread to upload some pics of the car; maybe even upload the build sheet for those who enjoy that.

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
Hello All,

I just want to post on this thread to document my experience ordering/receiving my 2021 JLU Sahara.

I had been researching and considering either a JLU or a JT for about 6 months. In September I finally opted for a JLU Sahara and shopped around in the local Tampa Bay Area.

This was a frustrating experience as the local dealers where not willing to negotiate pricing on 2021 models (they wanted to charge full MSRP or very close to it), not to mention they kept adding absurd fees. One of the dealers even assured me that my specific configuration that was possible on the Jeep website would not be possible unless I added another expensive package (that was total BS and they knew it). By the end of September I was fed up with Jeep, and started looking at other cars.

Then in early October a fellow member at the JeepGladiatorForum pointed me to Gupton Motors in Springfield, TN.

I reached out to Daniel Gupton on 10/8, and by 10/12 had already agreed on pricing for my build of choice, had all my questions answered, and submitted a $1000 deposit for the 2021 JLU Sahara. Here is the exact timeline:

10/12 - $1000 deposit paid

10/13 - order submitted by dealer

10/16 - POC received

~ 11/3 - Build Sheet tracked via the web tool in the forum

11/9 - Window sticker tracked by web tool, and vehicle received at dealer

Yes! When I received the news from Daniel, I thought he meant that the vehicle was awaiting transport to the dealer, but in fact it was sitting on their lot, waiting for me.

I took ownership of the vehicle on 11/14, just a month after it was ordered. That to me was absolutely amazing.

The whole buying experience was excellent. Daniel and the whole team at Gupton Motors were wonderful. I am very thankful to forum members that help each other like you do here. When I think about it, if not for the information that I learned from you on guides like this one, the pricing guide, and in other posts, I would’ve given up on buying a Jeep.

I will try find the proper thread to upload some pics of the car; maybe even upload the build sheet for those who enjoy that.
Its funny how certain builds get quicker completions than others...I went on Jeep Chat yesterday after my order was submitted on 11-7...they said they have all parts required and awaiting build...nothing on Crypto as yet...lets of luck...I opted for the Willys

JBourne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP WRANGLER JL Sahara 2 doors
I ordered my Jeep in early October and it smoothly went through the build process up until it reached end location at the rail. It’s been on a ‘hold’ for weeks with very little info on the issue, other than there is possibly a manufacturing and/or quality assurance issue.

It’s odd to me that, since I’m buying, the exact issue isn’t being disclosed and why Jeep isn’t held to a timeline for delivering to dealer. Has anyone had any similar issues with this step?
My jeep is "stucked" in Baltimore, MD, port since end of October. It has not been loaded on the ship toward my destination (pacific island), in november (only a few cars have been loaded on the ship, there are still a dozen of cars waiting(including mine). My local jeep dealer is trying to get it shipped on the next ship - end of december - for delivery in late january.

Sponsored

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
My jeep is "stucked" in Baltimore, MD, port since end of October. It has not been loaded on the ship toward my destination (pacific island), in november (only a few cars have been loaded on the ship, there are still a dozen of cars waiting(including mine). My local jeep dealer is trying to get it shipped on the next ship - end of december - for delivery in late january.
Damm...that sucks

HHJeepgirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13’ 4dr Sahara 6spd, 17’ Rogue, 21’ 2dr Rubi 6spd
Ordered Jeep Rubicon Unlimited 2021 on October 7th 2020 at a dealership in Ontario, Canada. Haven’t got any VON or VIN yet after almost 8 weeks of the order. Dealer informed the order hasn’t been picked up for the scheduling yet so, No VON or VIN to provide. Don’t know if it’s true or not. How long does it usually take for the Wrangler factory order?
I’m in Ontario Canada, I ordered my 2 door manual wrangler sport August 29th and still waiting for it to be built....dealer told me maybe mid February....seems the “cold weather” package components are on back order which is why any wrangler with this option is taking FOREVER to start production🤦‍♀️

JeepHead

First Name
Amarinder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
I’m in Ontario Canada, I ordered my 2 door manual wrangler sport August 29th and still waiting for it to be built....dealer told me maybe mid February....seems the “cold weather” package components are on back order which is why any wrangler with this option is taking FOREVER to start production🤦‍♀️
That sucks! I checked with my dealer and they said January or February too. It is still waiting to be scheduled. They still have August and September orders pending they said. Hope it arrives soon. Good luck!

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
Just went on Jeep Chat...here is the response
Thank you for waiting. The Wrangler is in the pre-production stage which means all parts are gathered and it's waiting to move into the build process. At this time we do not have an estimate for when the build will begin. I'd recommend contacting us back in a week for an update, but we are available 24/7 if you do want to contact back sooner.

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
I ordered a 2021 Unlimited Sport on 11/24. I actually didn't hear anything back from the dealer so I called him Monday. He apologized for not getting with me and gave me the VON, VIN and texted me a picture of the POC. It said the status was D1 with an estimated shipping date of 12/17. While I know it's only been 3 days since the dealer checked, I tried out Jeep Chat just now and was told "Congratulations on your Jeep the status is Vehicle sequenced for production." So it's still in the same status.

After reading some of the posts here about Jeeps sitting at the rail yard for weeks, I did ask the dealer when I spoke with him about shipping and he confirmed my suspicion in that we are close enough they will not be using rail to get it to us.

It would be pretty nice to get it before Christmas, as I've told the family this is my present and they shouldn't get me anything else (though I do have some small accessories for it bookmarked if they really want to). But even with that estimated shipping date, I'm going to look at a pre-Christmas arrival as a pleasant surprise.

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I ordered a 2021 Unlimited Sport on 11/24. I actually didn't hear anything back from the dealer so I called him Monday. He apologized for not getting with me and gave me the VON, VIN and texted me a picture of the POC. It said the status was D1 with an estimated shipping date of 12/17. While I know it's only been 3 days since the dealer checked, I tried out Jeep Chat just now and was told "Congratulations on your Jeep the status is Vehicle sequenced for production." So it's still in the same status.

After reading some of the posts here about Jeeps sitting at the rail yard for weeks, I did ask the dealer when I spoke with him about shipping and he confirmed my suspicion in that we are close enough they will not be using rail to get it to us.

It would be pretty nice to get it before Christmas, as I've told the family this is my present and they shouldn't get me anything else (though I do have some small accessories for it bookmarked if they really want to). But even with that estimated shipping date, I'm going to look at a pre-Christmas arrival as a pleasant surprise.
Congratulations.

I'm also stuck in waiting pattern for the wife's. Lucky that you're so close to the plant though, so your transport should be very fast.

For my '19 I went KZ S Feb 9 2019 and delivered Mar 4 2019. This was to AZ. My wife's is going to Peterson in Nampa. Quoting me own post back then...
KZ: 2/8
KZ S: 2/9 (first scan -- dealer claims it was being loaded onto a train, but given 10 days to go from KZ S to St Louis, I'm assuming it spent a few days in storage).
KZ S: 2/19 (outside of St. Louis).
KZ T: 2/22 (Kansas City).
Landed in Phoenix rail yard 3/1.
Dealer on 3/4.
So ultimately, 2-9 to 3-4 (23 days)
Her's just went D2 (i.e., all parts now are ready to go for the build) and FCA live chat told me today it would be any day now (though they are obligated to say it can take up to 30 days). I ordered on Nov 25. I'm expecting it'll ship before the new year and we'll probably get it mid-late January.

Skipped ordering on the Gladiator this time around since I lucked out and found literally the spec I would have built in transit, and grabbed it the day it showed up. Given trade value and discount on the new one, it was way too good of a deal to pass up. Given what Nampa gives on trade, it would have been a worse deal for me to order. So quite happy, and instant gratification, ha. Essentially spent $2-3k to drive my JLUR for 22 months and 26k miles. Plus got a (fair) discount on the new one. Not as good as Nampa, but the difference in trade MORE than made up for it.

Last edited:

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm told today that it has entered the build and is in the Paint stage!!

Now the nice woman in Chat also told they do not get a shipping date during production. I am hopeful that since it has made it into the build stage that it's still on track to be roughly the same as what I received on the POC.

gr8nate

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Willys
I just order '21 Jeep Willys basic configuration, paid 2% less MSRP. In speaking with the sales manager he said that some dealership don't give any off the MSRP some give 1%. 2% off MSRP is the best deal you'll get. Yes, I went to one other dealer and called several others; none would give me the 2% off MSRP. Expect more when I get the Jeep.

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got a nice update today. "I am showing that your vehicle has been released by the plant for shipping. We do not have a dealer ETA." We're close enough that mine will NOT be coming by rail based on what I've read. So I still have hope for a pre-Christmas delivery.

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
I just order '21 Jeep Willys basic configuration, paid 2% less MSRP. In speaking with the sales manager he said that some dealership don't give any off the MSRP some give 1%. 2% off MSRP is the best deal you'll get. Yes, I went to one other dealer and called several others; none would give me the 2% off MSRP. Expect more when I get the Jeep.
With Tread Lightly you get FCA Affiliate pricing which is 1% off invoice (plus a small fee). That is the starting place for negotiating. Don't use MSRP for negotiating, use invoice price. There are dealers that will go below affiliate pricing, it's work $2k-$2.5k to make some emails and find those dealers, in my opinion.
Sponsored