bblades

First Name
Ben
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
I ordered my '21 Sport at dealership on Sept. 12, still haven't received VIN/VON as of Oct. 19. I contacted the dealership a couple times and they have said they haven't gotten that information from the factory yet. I realize the build process can take a long time, but is almost 6 week excessive for even the VIN to be available? (This is my first custom build)

Advertisement

JLURUBI

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Diesel Ordered
I ordered my '21 Sport at dealership on Sept. 12, still haven't received VIN/VON as of Oct. 19. I contacted the dealership a couple times and they have said they haven't gotten that information from the factory yet. I realize the build process can take a long time, but is almost 6 week excessive for even the VIN to be available? (This is my first custom build)
Doesn’t seem right I would go see the dealer and get a print out of the order. I had a VIN within a week of the order and tentative ship date the following week. My salesman sends an update every Monday on the order

Last edited:

LTLWLLY

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Willy's 2 Dr, 2021 Willy's JLU on order
That is not right at all. I ordered on 8/25, dealer had my VON and my VIN the very next day. Did you get a POC after you ordered?

bblades

First Name
Ben
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
That is not right at all. I ordered on 8/25, dealer had my VON and my VIN the very next day. Did you get a POC after you ordered?
No. The only thing they gave me was a receipt for my deposit. The more I've been reading about the process of ordering a new vehicle I realize I should have gotten more paperwork.

LTLWLLY

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Willy's 2 Dr, 2021 Willy's JLU on order
No. The only thing they gave me was a receipt for my deposit. The more I've been reading about the process of ordering a new vehicle I realize I should have gotten more paperwork.
I would call or email and tell them you need the following ASAP:

Purchase order confirmation (this should have your VON on it

VIN

Estimated ship date (which is usually the build date)

JLURUBI

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I left the dealer with a full build / order sheet with pricing. Signed and initialed every option. Finished the deal after normal hours on a holiday weekend.
I had the VON the following Tuesday when FCA opened again. My salesman sent the confirmation as soon as it was available. The updates I’m receiving are pulled from the FCA system (w02.dealer connect.Chrysler.com)
Hopefully your Jeep actually got ordered and is in the build process

bblades

First Name
Ben
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
I would call or email and tell them you need the following ASAP:

Purchase order confirmation (this should have your VON on it

VIN

Estimated ship date (which is usually the build date)
I finally got a response from my salesman, he said there is a VIN and the vehicle is in transit. So it looks like someone at the dealership just dropped the ball. He's going to get the info to me in the morning when his manager comes in. Hopefully it's taken care of... Thank you all for your input! Much appreciated!

JLURUBI

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I finally got a response from my salesman, he said there is a VIN and the vehicle is in transit. So it looks like someone at the dealership just dropped the ball. He's going to get the info to me in the morning when his manager comes in. Hopefully it's taken care of... Thank you all for your input! Much appreciated!
Sounds much better! Good luck
You’re going to love the new JL

Last edited:

Advertisement

Allmoparparts.com

Advertisement