Mojofallen

First Name
Alfonso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL 2D
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed! Patience is necessary. I was told it may take “at least” 12 weeks for my 2021 Willys to arrive in Pittsburgh. I’m going to give 14 weeks before I start jumping up and down making noise. :like:
My Rubicon arrived in Albuquerque on September 13. It's been sitting there for two weeks awaiting final delivery via truck. I was hoping that the dealership was under promising to over deliver based on the 2-4 week transit time on the final leg. Evidently, they were brutally honest. 270 miles away, so close, but still 2 weeks away.
Sponsored

bullfrog3459

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Dodge Caliber (Sold), 2012 Black Dodge Journey, 2021 HellaYella Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
Network Administrator / Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, I was wondering if somebody could shed some light on my situation. I ordered a Rubicon on august 8, the dealer gave me 12weeks to deliver. But since then they have not give me any update. After I asked they sent me the VON but said there was no VIN since it was not scheduled yet and on BX status.

Yesterday I contacted then to ask for updates and they said it has not been scheduled yet, they say its really difficulty to get a Rubicon and that other Sahara orders were already scheduled.

Am I being bsed here ? I'm from Ontario, Canada. First time Jeep buyer.

Thanks in advance. Also if someone could check my order number it would be awesome!
You may want to reach out to some of the other Canadian forum members here to get their experiences. Jeep Cares can't really do much or give you any information due to the Canadian Privacy law's. In general, you should have a VIN a few days after a VON. The VIN is how they track the build through the entire process. I'd make sure to keep bugging the dealer to get your VIN as something may have been wrong with the order when they put it in.

OP
OP
nerubi

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So, that was one of my doubts. They say you only get the VIN once your vehicle gets schedule to build. Currently its on BX status. Which means: Good order ready for schedule. Is that correct ?
You have two problems ordering in Canada, privacy laws that prevent Jeep from giving you status updates and dealers that shouldn't be in business. I haven't heard of a single dealer up there that keeps their customers informed. If an order passes quality check it gets a VIN at that time, usually in one to five days. But Jeep Chat can't give you the VIN if you give them your VON, down here they can. You are at the mercy of the dealer. Personally I'd be in there bugging the sales manager of why US customers get better service from their dealers then Canadians. If there is a valid reason they keep you in the dark they should reveal it.

DogplasmaPeopleplasma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 4Runner Trail Premium....2021 JLUR
Just wanted to say thanks to all for all the education on the ordering, waiting and delivery process. I ordered my 2021 JLUR Manual w/Sky 1 Touch, 8.4, Towing, Cold Weather and LED packages on 6/18 and it arrived at the dealer on 9/29. Picked it up this afternoon in the fastest, most straightforward transaction I have ever made with a dealership (1.5 hours to be exact - Ask for Frank Dudley at Lucas Jeep in Lumberton, NJ).

Good luck to all in the waiting process as it is indeed well worth it (as were the smiles on my kids' faces when I picked them up from school in it).

Cheers and be safe!

Jeep Wrangler JL Guide: Wrangler Order, Build, Tracking and Delivery Process IMG_9339

JLURUBI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Diesel
You may want to reach out to some of the other Canadian forum members here to get their experiences. Jeep Cares can't really do much or give you any information due to the Canadian Privacy law's. In general, you should have a VIN a few days after a VON. The VIN is how they track the build through the entire process. I'd make sure to keep bugging the dealer to get your VIN as something may have been wrong with the order when they put it in.
Agreed bug your dealer daily if needed. My sales guy checks all of his customers orders and provides an update every Monday
I ordered a Rubicon Diesel on Sept 8th and had the VIN the following week. Tentatively scheduled to ship from the factory on Oct 20th.

Sponsored

WillysGirl

First Name
Dara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Crypto Update:

Completes
bos24 (never saw published build sheet)
JLURD425
Nat6 (likely dealer inv/order converted to sold order)
SnowWhite

Builds Found - pending published build sheet
Brenden ordered 8/26
TheRu06 ordered 8/25

JeepinInIdaho

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 3500, 2021 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Moderators, thanks so much for forum and for this post in particular. As someone new to Jeep and ordering my first Wrangler this information has been invaluable. One wrinkle, Jeep Chat no longer consistently gives out status codes, "D", "D1", etc. Some reps will offer the code, others claim it's no longer available in the system. I find it funny that someone in FCA management apparently has decided that it's no longer advantageous to be simply transparent with customers and are implementing a change to a new, "more brand engaging, positive" set of status messages. Sarcasm aside, I think it would be really helpful for newb's like myself to add a translation of status codes into the new FCA vernacular that we are likely to run into when taking with Jeep Chat. Given my order is new all I've been able to deduce is this:

Status to Jeep Chat translation
"D" = Pre-production stage
The VIN has been assigned, it's waiting for all of the parts to be gathered so that it can enter into the build process. At this time we do not have an estimate for when the build will begin.

demisx

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Clubs

and then your name.
Moderators, thanks so much for forum and for this post in particular. As someone new to Jeep and ordering my first Wrangler this information has been invaluable. One wrinkle, Jeep Chat no longer consistently gives out status codes, "D", "D1", etc. Some reps will offer the code, others claim it's no longer available in the system. I find it funny that someone in FCA management apparently has decided that it's no longer advantageous to be simply transparent with customers and are implementing a change to a new, "more brand engaging, positive" set of status messages. Sarcasm aside, I think it would be really helpful for newb's like myself to add a translation of status codes into the new FCA vernacular that we are likely to run into when taking with Jeep Chat. Given my order is new all I've been able to deduce is this:

Status to Jeep Chat translation
"D" = Pre-production stage
The VIN has been assigned, it's waiting for all of the parts to be gathered so that it can enter into the build process. At this time we do not have an estimate for when the build will begin.
Welcome to the forum. I recommend you read @nerubi excellent description of the process. You'll find codes breakdown there too: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...er-build-tracking-and-delivery-process.54344/

OutWill

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Diesel
Agreed bug your dealer daily if needed. My sales guy checks all of his customers orders and provides an update every Monday
I ordered a Rubicon Diesel on Sept 8th and had the VIN the following week. Tentatively scheduled to ship from the factory on Oct 20th.
I ordered mine 9 September so hopefully mine is on a similar timeline. I have VIN but no other updates yet, waiting for build.

JLURUBI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Diesel
I ordered mine 9 September so hopefully mine is on a similar timeline. I have VIN but no other updates yet, waiting for build.
My wife talked to JC today and they said ours will be built next week, but didn’t have a specific date. JLU Rubicon Diesel

Sponsored

JeepJim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Agreed! Patience is necessary. I was told it may take “at least” 12 weeks for my 2021 Willys to arrive in Pittsburgh. I’m going to give 14 weeks before I start jumping up and down making noise. :like:
I ordered my willys on Oct 2 and just got an estimated ship date of Oct 27. Hoping for 2 weeks after that to be in mud!

caf

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon EcoDiesel
Took delivery of my 2021 JLUR on Friday from Tuttle Click Irvine, worked directly with @RobTrachtman and he got me a great deal on a custom order JLU Rubicon, had a pleasant experience with the Tuttle Click staff as well, very friendly and respectful throughout the process. Placed my order in early August and took about 10 weeks to arrive, picked it up on Friday. Having owned a JK some time back, can confidently say the JL is a superior vehicle overall. Already thinking of the mods to come!

Jeep Wrangler JL Guide: Wrangler Order, Build, Tracking and Delivery Process IMG_6218

bblades

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Wrangler Sport 2 door
I ordered my '21 Sport at dealership on Sept. 12, still haven't received VIN/VON as of Oct. 19. I contacted the dealership a couple times and they have said they haven't gotten that information from the factory yet. I realize the build process can take a long time, but is almost 6 week excessive for even the VIN to be available? (This is my first custom build)

JLURUBI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Diesel
I ordered my '21 Sport at dealership on Sept. 12, still haven't received VIN/VON as of Oct. 19. I contacted the dealership a couple times and they have said they haven't gotten that information from the factory yet. I realize the build process can take a long time, but is almost 6 week excessive for even the VIN to be available? (This is my first custom build)
Doesn’t seem right I would go see the dealer and get a print out of the order. I had a VIN within a week of the order and tentative ship date the following week. My salesman sends an update every Monday on the order

Last edited:

bblades

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Wrangler Sport 2 door
Thanks for the input. I just texted and emailed the salesman, see what happens...
Sponsored