Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
When I bought my 2016, there was a service ($25) on a JK forum that tracked your Jeep through production, and even through every railroad stop. Alas...no longer available.
That was the remants of the VOTS that Jeep pulled because customers were a PIA about the data and the fee one was also pulled.
Sponsored

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
I'm anxious because I want to see a build date, even if it might change....it would show progression and a shred of hope.
My suggestion would be to just take a few deep breaths and relax. If you're this stressed out this early in the process you may well be a nervous wreck before the process is over.

Later,
Johnny

OP
OP
nerubi

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My suggestion would be to just take a few deep breaths and relax. If you're this stressed out this early in the process you may well be a nervous wreck before the process is over.

Later,
Johnny
That's why my guide has the word patience throughout.

Brian1022

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Liberty (formerly), 2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
That's why my guide has the word patience throughout.
Anxious may not be the right word, but I want to go play. I have been cooped up indoors for months, my current vehicle is on it's last legs. I ended up ordering after trying to get a 2020 for about 9 months that fit the bill, and having a few sold under me....after planning and investigating for over a year and wanting to get one for 20.
Can you fault me for wanting something to go forward?

OP
OP
nerubi

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Anxious may not be the right word, but I want to go play. I have been cooped up indoors for months, my current vehicle is on it's last legs. I ended up ordering after trying to get a 2020 for about 9 months that fit the bill, and having a few sold under me....after planning and investigating for over a year and wanting to get one for 20.
Can you fault me for wanting something to go forward?
No help, but if you had ordered 9 months ago you would of been driving it all summer. And is there anything to see in NH, bet not like the beautiful, endless cornfields of Nebraska. Endless, endless, endless cornfields.

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
No help, but if you had ordered 9 months ago you would of been driving it all summer. And is there anything to see in NH, bet not like the beautiful, endless cornfields of Nebraska. Endless, endless, endless cornfields.
I lived in Omaha for a year in the 80s. Hottest AND coldest place I’ve lived: 100 degrees with humidity & 50 below with wind chill in the winter of 1983. And...that saying something based on my current home and the fact that I grew up in New England.

Brian1022

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
We have leaves! …..Which sounds really dull when I put it like that. I grew up here so it's normal, but people come from miles to look at the leaves on trees changing colors in the fall. I mean it's pretty, but I am not sure I'd drive 8 hours to see it. Bet it would look better with the top off! We also have a lot of class 6 roads to explore.

I lived in Omaha for a year in the 80s. Hottest AND coldest place I’ve lived: 100 degrees with humidity & 50 below with wind chill in the winter of 1983. And...that saying something based on my current home and the fact that I grew up in New England.
What part of NE? I grew up east of the mountains in NH and have since moved west of them. I am surprised by the weather difference relative to my hometown. We get a lot more snow out here and the temps 10-15 degrees lower. I have heard the less costal states get bigger temp swings, but I have always lived costal. Even Alaska was stable....cold, but stable

OP
OP
nerubi

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Should of been here in the '70s - actual temps -33 and two weeks didn't get above freezing. And the 100 degree, high humidity summers allows me to be out in my speedo without my skin drying out.

OP
OP
nerubi

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
We have leaves! …..Which sounds really dull when I put it like that. I grew up here so it's normal, but people come from miles to look at the leaves on trees changing colors in the fall. I mean it's pretty, but I am not sure I'd drive 8 hours to see it. Bet it would look better with the top off! We also have a lot of class 6 roads to explore.

What part of NE? I grew up east of the mountains in NH and have since moved west of them. I am surprised by the weather difference relative to my hometown. We get a lot more snow out here and the temps 10-15 degrees lower. I have heard the less costal states get bigger temp swings, but I have always lived costal. Even Alaska was stable....cold, but stable
Would love to be there in the fall especially in the small towns. Norman Rockwell.

Brian1022

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Would love to be there in the fall especially in the small towns. Norman Rockwell.
Come on up anytime! Although COVID has barely hit here so don't bring it with you :) You can rent a wrangler from Boston Airport and they don't sell out quickly because they don't do well in the city (with poorly planned undersized roads)

Sponsored

hcivic91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTR, RDX,
Quick question for your boys. Ordered a Rubi on 7/3 but have since changed my mind to wanting the Alpine stereo. Dealer said its too late in the process but reading this and other threads makes me question the response I'm getting.
Any input would be useful....

thanks much.

starzbullies

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Retired
Quick question for your boys. Ordered a Rubi on 7/3 but have since changed my mind to wanting the Alpine stereo. Dealer said its too late in the process but reading this and other threads makes me question the response I'm getting.
Any input would be useful....

thanks much.
You can't make changes after you place a custom order... My paperwork stated that in big bold red letters...

BLAM

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Thanks again Mike!

DogDay

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2.0T
Some talented person should make this into a video =)

OP
OP
nerubi

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Some talented person should make this into a video =)
Have you watched the videos on Youtube of the Wrangler assembly line?
Sponsored