Sponsored

Production and tracking process for orders from Australia?

Stone washed

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
I am from Australia and ordered a new jlru in July. There is no update on the build or delivery progress.
Whats the estimated timeframe for a new Jeep delivery to Australia?
Anyway i can track the progress?
Sponsored

FINCL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I'm in a similar situation as you. I ordered my Willys way back in April. Heard nothing for a couple of months. Spoke to the dealer a few times, he said he knew nothing, but also mentioned the chip shortage, bah, blah, blah. So, in July I rang Customer "Care" (Australia) and got into a huge argument with the lady who did not "care" one bit. She told me it was impossible to get the VIN (so I could track it). At best she told me I didn't know what I was talking about, at worst she called me a liar. She finished off by telling me that I couldn't have the VIN until my Wrangler was delivered! A few weeks after the phone call I received an apology letter from Kevin (head office) with a pointless picture of a concept Wrangler included. Since July I've heard absolutely nothing, from anyone. And I cant be bothered calling the dealer to be told the same endless BS. If I didn't want a 4 door so badly I would have cancelled my order a long time ago and gone elsewhere. It really has been the worst experience. Here it is, now October, I'm still left in the dark by Jeep Australia and I still don't have my Willys.

hope it doesn't drag on like this for you @Stone washed.

Perhaps @JeepCares would be kind enough to help us both out?...... Pretty Please!!!

BlackTanJL22

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 2dr JL Black/Tan 6cyl stick
I'm in a similar situation as you. I ordered my Willys way back in April. Heard nothing for a couple of months. Spoke to the dealer a few times, he said he knew nothing, but also mentioned the chip shortage, bah, blah, blah. So, in July I rang Customer "Care" (Australia) and got into a huge argument with the lady who did not "care" one bit. She told me it was impossible to get the VIN (so I could track it). At best she told me I didn't know what I was talking about, at worst she called me a liar. She finished off by telling me that I couldn't have the VIN until my Wrangler was delivered! A few weeks after the phone call I received an apology letter from Kevin (head office) with a pointless picture of a concept Wrangler included. Since July I've heard absolutely nothing, from anyone. And I cant be bothered calling the dealer to be told the same endless BS. If I didn't want a 4 door so badly I would have cancelled my order a long time ago and gone elsewhere. It really has been the worst experience. Here it is, now October, I'm still left in the dark by Jeep Australia and I still don't have my Willys.

hope it doesn't drag on like this for you @Stone washed.

Perhaps @JeepCares would be kind enough to help us both out?...... Pretty Please!!!
It sounds like Chrysler is treating you guys like that Canadians. We can’t get any info either. Ordered mine May31st. No info since. Fingers crossed they throw in some T-shirts and hats with these custom orders!

FINCL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I've reached the point now that if they gave me some t-shirts or hats I'd probably burn them! I definitely wouldn't wear them.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Stone washed

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
I've reached the point now that if they gave me some t-shirts or hats I'd probably burn them! I definitely wouldn't wear them.
@FNCL, i am already getting impatient on my order. Please let me know if you get an update on your order. Hopefully this wont drag for too long.

Sponsored

FINCL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Hey @Stone washed,

It got the better of me this morning so I messaged my dealer. Sends me an email with my VIN. Also tells me there are no Willys left in existence except mine and that its waiting on parts. I dont believe that for a second! I dont know what to believe anymore!

Tried my VIN in the build tracker but I cant seem to get anywhere.

Just thought I'd let you know I managed to get the VIN. Maybe you could hassle your dealer for the VIN, see if they will cough it up. Whatever you do, dont call Customer Care, it wont end well!:CWL:

FINCL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Hey @Stone washed thought I'd pop back in and give you an update. So, last week I put a not so nice comment on Jeep Australia's Facebook page (Ive never done that before and still feel uncomfortable about it). At the same time I wrote to Customer Care. I got a reaction from the Facebook comment but still nothing from Customer Care. My dealer rang me after receiving a "please explain" email from Customer Care, so someone read it! He informed me that my build start date has been pushed back to the end of this month and delivery will not be until Feb next year! He has found a Sting Grey Night Eagle on a boat that will be here this month. He has swapped it for a Sarge Green Willys he was having delivered. So, after months of being kept in the dark, being called a liar and Jeep basically not acknowledging my existence Im about to take ownership of a (slightly) lesser model. What gets me about the Night Eagle is that while Ive been waiting, Jeep built this Sting Grey Night Eagle in the meantime. All it needed was a diff swap, grille swap and some stickers and it would be a Sting Grey Willys. No human or computer system put up a red flag and said hang on a minute, we change a couple of things we have a customer order completed, bingo, happy customer. I do get it, one Jeep in amongst thousands. But Big Kev told me personally he was working closely with Detroit and that Australian Jeep orders are his absolute priority! :CWL: :CWL: :CWL:

I called Customer Care again this morning. I was told a case manager tried to call me twice yesterday. I was home all day, no missed calls or voicemail on my phone!

Rant over! Just wanted to share my continued experience with you. I truly hope you are having a better time of it than me?

I do know there will be a Sarge Green Willys delivered this month and a Sting Grey Willys delivered sometime next year without buyers if your interested!:CWL:

OP
OP

Stone washed

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Hey @Stone washed thought I'd pop back in and give you an update. So, last week I put a not so nice comment on Jeep Australia's Facebook page (Ive never done that before and still feel uncomfortable about it). At the same time I wrote to Customer Care. I got a reaction from the Facebook comment but still nothing from Customer Care. My dealer rang me after receiving a "please explain" email from Customer Care, so someone read it! He informed me that my build start date has been pushed back to the end of this month and delivery will not be until Feb next year! He has found a Sting Grey Night Eagle on a boat that will be here this month. He has swapped it for a Sarge Green Willys he was having delivered. So, after months of being kept in the dark, being called a liar and Jeep basically not acknowledging my existence Im about to take ownership of a (slightly) lesser model. What gets me about the Night Eagle is that while Ive been waiting, Jeep built this Sting Grey Night Eagle in the meantime. All it needed was a diff swap, grille swap and some stickers and it would be a Sting Grey Willys. No human or computer system put up a red flag and said hang on a minute, we change a couple of things we have a customer order completed, bingo, happy customer. I do get it, one Jeep in amongst thousands. But Big Kev told me personally he was working closely with Detroit and that Australian Jeep orders are his absolute priority! :CWL: :CWL: :CWL:

I called Customer Care again this morning. I was told a case manager tried to call me twice yesterday. I was home all day, no missed calls or voicemail on my phone!

Rant over! Just wanted to share my continued experience with you. I truly hope you are having a better time of it than me?

I do know there will be a Sarge Green Willys delivered this month and a Sting Grey Willys delivered sometime next year without buyers if your interested!:CWL:
After few phone calls to dealership I manage to get the VIN number for my JLRU. Tracking tool is showing build sheet as well. I have been told that its in build and will arrive here in about 3 months.. fingers crossed.

Sponsored

FINCL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Hi @FINCL, any news on your order? I am still waiting for mine :(
I got a Wrangler end of last week, not the Willys I ordered. It still hasn't even started it's build! I ended up with a Night Eagle in Sting Grey. Just had tyres and rims put on it at the start of the week. I'm happy I finally have a Wrangler. But I'm still extremely bitter at the way Jeep Australia continued to treat me right to the end. Apparently I'll be receiving a survey next week. I'll be going to town on that one! I'll be posting some pics in the next few days. I'm so sorry you still dont have yours. Trust me, I do know the feeling. And I really have no advice to offer. Again, I'm sorry. Contacting Jeep Australia will just be a total waste of time for you. The last person I spoke to from Jeep said to me, "blah, blah, blah, I've worked for Mercedes, blah, blah, blah, I've worked for Audi, blah, blah, blah...", "... youre just one customer...". It truly has been the most disgusting experience I've ever had with a company.

Jeep aside, I hope you, and everyone on this forum, has a safe and happy Christmas.

MechMan23

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JK
Hi @FINCL, any news on your order? I am still waiting for mine :(
Hey Stone washed, I ordered a sarge green unlimited rubi at the end of June.. and I'm still waiting for mine.. I received conflicting info, dealer told me the car has been built, expect Jan/Feb delivery.. whereas head office mentioned it's scheduled for mid Feb production.. don't know who to trust.. and most importantly don't know if it's worth the wait.. I hear 2023 model might get a big refresh, updated interior, etc..

OP
OP

Stone washed

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Hey Stone washed, I ordered a sarge green unlimited rubi at the end of June.. and I'm still waiting for mine.. I received conflicting info, dealer told me the car has been built, expect Jan/Feb delivery.. whereas head office mentioned it's scheduled for mid Feb production.. don't know who to trust.. and most importantly don't know if it's worth the wait.. I hear 2023 model might get a big refresh, updated interior, etc..
@MechMan23 I am in the same boat. Ordered mine in July. Dealer is saying its built and already here waiting at docks for custom clearance since start of Jan and will be ready for delivery mid Feb. But FCA told me all 2021 build orders were cancelled due to parts delays and will build 2022 for Jun 2022 delivery. Not sure who is telling truth :(

FINCL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
@MechMan23 I am in the same boat. Ordered mine in July. Dealer is saying its built and already here waiting at docks for custom clearance since start of Jan and will be ready for delivery mid Feb. But FCA told me all 2021 build orders were cancelled due to parts delays and will build 2022 for Jun 2022 delivery. Not sure who is telling truth :(
Go to this site: https://www.prixcar.com.au and enter your VIN in the tracking. It will tell you if your car is truly here in Australia waiting at the docks like your dealer said.

I was able to see that mine came off the boat at Port Kembla and sat in a yard for a month. I kept checking the tracking every day until I got an update saying it was on its way to the dealer.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP

Stone washed

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Go to this site: https://www.prixcar.com.au and enter your VIN in the tracking. It will tell you if your car is truly here in Australia waiting at the docks like your dealer said.

I was able to see that mine came off the boat at Port Kembla and sat in a yard for a month. I kept checking the tracking every day until I got an update saying it was on its way to the dealer.

Hope this helps.
Thanks @FINCL ! It shows mine is at port melbourne. Good to know its already here :)
Sponsored