Sponsored

LTLWLLY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy's JLU Hellayella
I ordered my '21 Sport at dealership on Sept. 12, still haven't received VIN/VON as of Oct. 19. I contacted the dealership a couple times and they have said they haven't gotten that information from the factory yet. I realize the build process can take a long time, but is almost 6 week excessive for even the VIN to be available? (This is my first custom build)
That is not right at all. I ordered on 8/25, dealer had my VON and my VIN the very next day. Did you get a POC after you ordered?
Sponsored

bblades

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Wrangler Sport 2 door
That is not right at all. I ordered on 8/25, dealer had my VON and my VIN the very next day. Did you get a POC after you ordered?
No. The only thing they gave me was a receipt for my deposit. The more I've been reading about the process of ordering a new vehicle I realize I should have gotten more paperwork.

LTLWLLY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy's JLU Hellayella
No. The only thing they gave me was a receipt for my deposit. The more I've been reading about the process of ordering a new vehicle I realize I should have gotten more paperwork.
I would call or email and tell them you need the following ASAP:

Purchase order confirmation (this should have your VON on it

VIN

Estimated ship date (which is usually the build date)

JLURUBI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Diesel
I left the dealer with a full build / order sheet with pricing. Signed and initialed every option. Finished the deal after normal hours on a holiday weekend.
I had the VON the following Tuesday when FCA opened again. My salesman sent the confirmation as soon as it was available. The updates I’m receiving are pulled from the FCA system (w02.dealer connect.Chrysler.com)
Hopefully your Jeep actually got ordered and is in the build process

bblades

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would call or email and tell them you need the following ASAP:

Purchase order confirmation (this should have your VON on it

VIN

Estimated ship date (which is usually the build date)
I finally got a response from my salesman, he said there is a VIN and the vehicle is in transit. So it looks like someone at the dealership just dropped the ball. He's going to get the info to me in the morning when his manager comes in. Hopefully it's taken care of... Thank you all for your input! Much appreciated!

Sponsored

JLURUBI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Diesel
I finally got a response from my salesman, he said there is a VIN and the vehicle is in transit. So it looks like someone at the dealership just dropped the ball. He's going to get the info to me in the morning when his manager comes in. Hopefully it's taken care of... Thank you all for your input! Much appreciated!
Sounds much better! Good luck
You’re going to love the new JL

Last edited:

bigmaduros

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Sport Altitude - Almost Here
Just ordered my 2021 JLJL Altitude, had the VON in about 5 minutes..... Great resource here, thanks to all who contributed info...

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
So I pulled the trigger today on a 2021 Willy's...got the dealer 800 below invoice, although I did buy 15 cars from this specific one in NJ...sked if I can track my order. He said they have eliminated this due to the high amount of calls to Chrysler/Jeep...I guess they got annoyed...anyone hear of this?

bblades

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is a link to FCA customer support in another thread, I'll look it up and post it here, but I used it twice in the last 3 weeks and it worked perfectly. You chat with a rep, provide VIN and name/address info, they should give you status. Mine was already in transit when I first contacted them.

Sponsored

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
ordered a 4dr Diesel Willys Sunday; managed $2200 below invoice.

had a VON Monday, and a VIN Tuesday morning.

judging by the dealers i interacted with while shopping around, honesty, courtesy and competency vary wildly.
i am lucky to have dozens of dealers within a few hours drive, and shopped most of them. the best quote i got was a fraction of a percent lower and several hours from home, but i figured the difference wasn't worth the drive and i didn't want to break it in on a long rushed drive home.
the winner was less than an hours drive away, and quickly and painlessly gave me a price $1500 less than my local dealer, who wouldn't play any less than the 1% TreadLightly! guaranteed discount.

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
So I pulled the trigger today on a 2021 Willy's...got the dealer 800 below invoice, although I did buy 15 cars from this specific one in NJ...sked if I can track my order. He said they have eliminated this due to the high amount of calls to Chrysler/Jeep...I guess they got annoyed...anyone hear of this?
That is roughly 2% under invoice. It sounds like your dealer doesn't give great deals, nor good customer service. It is amazing how this differs by region. It may be hard to find a good dealer in NYC that is willing to dig deep and take care of their customer.

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
That is roughly 2% under invoice. It sounds like your dealer doesn't give great deals, nor good customer service. It is amazing how this differs by region. It may be hard to find a good dealer in NYC that is willing to dig deep and take care of their customer.
I am happy...I seen people pay over invoice for Wranglers...NYC/NJ tough areas...their stock is extremely limited , in fact very few Willys are in stock...limited stock means higher prices

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
I am happy...I seen people pay over invoice for Wranglers...NYC/NJ tough areas...their stock is extremely limited , in fact very few Willys are in stock...limited stock means higher prices
Oh, I assumed you ordered one. Yes, when buying off the lot, they are holding all the cards. Congratulations on your new Jeep!
Sponsored