Auto Park when winching.

farrider

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon Limited
Is it possible to disable auto park so you can winch with no one in the drivers seat? If the seat belt is not buckled even with someone in the seat it will go into auto park on a 2019 Rubicon.
Sponsored

Dalingrin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is it possible to disable auto park so you can winch with no one in the drivers seat? If the seat belt is not buckled even with someone in the seat it will go into auto park on a 2019 Rubicon.
You can either use 4lo or get a Tazer/Programmer.

Reddoak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I'm lost, but that seems like a bad idea. I generally don't leave my Jeep in gear with no driver at the wheel. I know it ain't going fast in low range, but still. And I trust the parking brake about as much as I would a career politician. Can you not reach the driver's seat with your winch remote? Or are you just wheeling alone in a place where you really need a spotter?

Anyway... guess the question is "when would you want to?"

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I’m relatively new to off-roading so excuse my ignorance. This is my first Jeep and I’ve only been wheeling for a year and a half. But why do you want to winch the vehicle with a drive gear engaged and nobody at the controls?

Sponsored

Abend

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLUR, 1948 CJ-2A, 2018 Sting Gray JLU Sport (the wife's)
I’m relatively new to off-roading so excuse my ignorance. This is my first Jeep and I’ve only been wheeling for a year and a half. But why do you want to winch the vehicle with a drive gear engaged and nobody at the controls?
Pretty sure he's trying to do it with the transmission in neutral - not with a drive gear engaged. I had this problem when I was trying to tension my winch line after installing it, and I wanted to be able to sure it was spooling correctly, which is hard to do from the driver's seat. I ended up buckling the seat belt to disable it, but putting the transfer case in neutral and lightly engaging the parking brake is probably the better answer.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Pretty sure he's trying to do it with the transmission in neutral - not with a drive gear engaged. I had this problem when I was trying to tension my winch line after installing it, and I wanted to be able to sure it was spooling correctly, which is hard to do from the driver's seat. I ended up buckling the seat belt to disable it, but putting the transfer case in neutral and lightly engaging the parking brake is probably the better answer.
Does auto park engage when in neutral? I never tested it, but I thought it only engaged when in a drive gear, no? If it engages in neutral, how do you tow it?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Does auto park engage when in neutral? I never tested it, but I thought it only engaged when in a drive gear, no? If it engages in neutral, how do you tow it?
The main stick in park and transfer case in neutral. Same for flat towing behind an rv or if it's being pulled into a flat bed.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Anyway... guess the question is "when would you want to?"
But why do you want to winch the vehicle with a drive gear engaged and nobody at the controls?
I'm not sure about the OP, but once scenario would be when spooling the line. I've done mine like this once right after I finished installing.

Does auto park engage when in neutral? I never tested it, but I thought it only engaged when in a drive gear, no?
I can confirm, auto-park will engage when the transmission is in neutral. I also found out that a Warn 10S will drag a JLR that is in park on asphalt.
Sponsored