Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
WTF, that was very unusual. I do feel sorry for the white car, but it looks like he (or she) was just going to drive off, OR they said "must have hit a bump in the road, oh well....".
The worse part of this piece is that the TV station called the Wrangler a "car".......
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, that’s either a Jeep Wrangler...or a super fast Ford Model T.

This could have had many causes, including some kid loosening the lug nuts to play a prank, someone trying to steal the wheels, etc.

MUD-H2O

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR 3.6L 6-Speed
Occupation
Web Developer
Almost happened to me (not on my JL though). Got my oil changed and tires rotated at Goodyear (in Kansas City area like the video, oddly enough). Drove to work, no problems. But when I was about get on the highway to head home, front end started shimmying. Got out and inspected. On had 2 lugs on the on each of the front tires, and both back tires lugs were loose. I borrowed lugs from the back and tightened everything up and drove (back roads) straight to Goodyear to threaten a lawsuit.

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
You can use JK wheels on JLs. Doesn't cause this issue .Your second part does, wrong or lack of proper torque .
Can I use JK 2014 Rubicon stock wheels on a 2018 JL?

Also does it fit over the rear camera etc?

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I’ll just leave this here:

TEKTON 24335 1/2-Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C5ZL0RU

That front wheel had to be wobbling before it let go. https://www.reddit.com/r/IdiotsInCars

These torque wrenches look well made for the price point. Their company information says 10% of their products are made in China, 15% USA, and 75% Taiwan. Any idea where the torque wrenches are made? Do they come with a calibration certification? I'm still a US made torque wrench guy.

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara

Yes, and yes. Lug pattern is the same. The bore size on JK and JL wheels is 71.5, which means camera will fit.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Who here could hit that car with both tires? That Jeep driver must be an Olympic Curling medalist. Did you see the way he bracketed that car?:rock:

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L

I have a friend who had aftermarket wheels for her Sahara JK that she really liked. When she purchased her 2020 Sahara JL, she had the dealer put the aftermarket wheels from her JK on the JL and the stock JL wheels on the old JK. The old JK then went to her 16 year old daughter and the daughter “loved” the “new” wheels (it’s not “mom’s Jeep any more..... it’s mine!!!!!”).

so, I’m pretty sure JK/JL wheels are interchangeable. Double check me though, just in case...... you don’t want to be “that guy” !!!!!!!!!

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
These torque wrenches look well made for the price point. Their company information says 10% of their products are made in China, 15% USA, and 75% Taiwan. Any idea where the torque wrenches are made? Do they come with a calibration certification? I'm still a US made torque wrench guy.
I don’t have a direct answer for you..... but here is a thread on Tekton and there are a ton of YouTube videos on this US-based company....

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/tekton.43563/

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
If a dealer was responsible for not tightening those lugs down I would be thinking of all the new Jeep parts I would be ordering with the windfall of money from that lawsuit.

Lou Bunn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Picture if you will, two guys that would be the redneck version of Cheech & Chong. Now, imagine them driving a 1967 Chevelle. Ok, and the drivers side rear wheel comes off and passes them going down the road. Hey man, was that your tire that just passed us? Yeah, I think it was...
True story!

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I was at the dealer over a year ago for something on the Jeep. I told the service manager I didn't want this certain tech touching the Jeep based on the last "tire rotation" he did. I told him he rotated my tires clockwise, no I'm not joking.
He said rest assured he won't be touching your Jeep since he is no longer here. He did an oil change and tire rotation on a customers car and when he pulled it out onto the lot he said it felt funny. Another tech discovered that he didn't tighten any lug nuts down. The manager told him he may want to consider a different line of work before letting him go.
Sponsored