Sponsored

Z Locker OEM (Bypass)

SparkleTooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stellantis SUCKS
Anyone using the Z Locker OEM as a permanent solution or just on an as needed basis, for instance when only off road?

The reason I ask is although I feel this is an excellent solution to the Locker Sensor errors, I don't feel that the design is very resistant to the elements. Has anyone added any additional shielding to the exposed wires of the bypass module?
Sponsored

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
I had them on both axles for over a year. I did put wire loom over the wires, but otherwise everything was fine. Never had an issue. I removed them and resold them now because my rear locker broke and I had to install an ARB and then I direct wired the front.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone using the Z Locker OEM as a permanent solution or just on an as needed basis, for instance when only off road?

The reason I ask is although I feel this is an excellent solution to the Locker Sensor errors, I don't feel that the design is very resistant to the elements. Has anyone added any additional shielding to the exposed wires of the bypass module?
I've had them on both axles for over a year, and zero issues. They are sealed units, so they should stand up just fine to the elements. As long as the wiring is secured from getting snagged, you'll be good to go.

Just Jed

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
John Deere
Hope someone is still watching this thread…
if I install the locker sensor bypass dongle, I’m guessing that will eliminate the locker info on the dash and the switch when it is locked? Thanks🤔

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Hope someone is still watching this thread…
if I install the locker sensor bypass dongle, I’m guessing that will eliminate the locker info on the dash and the switch when it is locked? Thanks🤔
Yes, if your sensor is bad. No, if your electric actuator(solenoid) is bad.

Sponsored

Just Jed

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
John Deere
The issue just popped up on the dash and switch today while I was driving in 2 HI. No codes showing , not locked up, and getting home and cooling down for a bit upon restart, no locked lights showing. Twice. Ordered the bypass dongle anyway, JIC. a Very quick check showed that it still seems to lock up, so I’m hoping it’s the sensor if anything.
Thanks!

Jeep Wick

First Name
Wick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 High Tide
Occupation
Mechanic
The issue just popped up on the dash and switch today while I was driving in 2 HI. No codes showing , not locked up, and getting home and cooling down for a bit upon restart, no locked lights showing. Twice. Ordered the bypass dongle anyway, JIC. a Very quick check showed that it still seems to lock up, so I’m hoping it’s the sensor if anything.
Thanks!
It will simulate the sensor, so your locker lights will still work normally. I ran the bypass a couple years and had a wire break off the little box, which caused another error. It was out of warranty but Zauto was kind enough to send me one that was 'returned.' I had everything zip tied too, so just know that vibration is not it's friend. I ultimately potted my sensors using the the guide here and they work great.

Just Jed

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
John Deere
Thanks Jeep Wick. I kinda like having confirmation that things are locked, even though by SOP it’s fairly obvious. If that pesky light comes on again, I’ll install the bypass. All this after rodent damage a few weeks ago, fixed by my dealer, who I actually like. So I am still a bit on edge…
I’ll isolate and tie, and armor coat the thing, my rodent pals are on steroids!🤯👍🏼👍🏼 Is it true the Jeep wiring harness is Soy based, to be bio-degradable?

Jeep Wick

First Name
Wick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 High Tide
Occupation
Mechanic
Is it true the Jeep wiring harness is Soy based, to be bio-degradable?
I've not heard that, but it would explain why it's so tasty to your rat friend.

Just Jed

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
John Deere
Right. And my Avalanche has been parked in the same spot for 14 years with no issues. The Jeep has been attacked twice! For over $2K now… 🙄.

Sponsored

Just Jed

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
John Deere
Thanks 1996cc. Is that a big bore HD? Or?🤔👍🏼🍻

OrneryBear

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge JLUR 6spd
Thanks Jeep Wick. I kinda like having confirmation that things are locked, even though by SOP it’s fairly obvious. If that pesky light comes on again, I’ll install the bypass. All this after rodent damage a few weeks ago, fixed by my dealer, who I actually like. So I am still a bit on edge…
I’ll isolate and tie, and armor coat the thing, my rodent pals are on steroids!🤯👍🏼👍🏼 Is it true the Jeep wiring harness is Soy based, to be bio-degradable?
most if not all modern wiring in vehicles have soy based insulation as I understand it. Been that way for like 20 years. Rodents have been pretty aggressive eating the wiring on my fathers 07 tundra.

Just Jed

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
John Deere
got my 21 Rubi on a lift this am, to install the locker sensor bypass harness, and the plugs didn’t line up, and wouldn’t fit. Both my trusted mechanic and I tried, but after close examination, the plugs are not the same, ridges, flats, etc. The Jeep is still under warranty, should I just have the sensor replaced? Looks like it’s held in with one bolt. Are there different bypasses out there? i have the factory tow group, does that make a difference?

IMG_7471.jpeg

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
got my 21 Rubi on a lift this am, to install the locker sensor bypass harness, and the plugs didn’t line up, and wouldn’t fit. Both my trusted mechanic and I tried, but after close examination, the plugs are not the same, ridges, flats, etc. The Jeep is still under warranty, should I just have the sensor replaced? Looks like it’s held in with one bolt. Are there different bypasses out there? i have the factory tow group, does that make a difference?

Jeep Wrangler JL Z Locker OEM (Bypass) IMG_7471
Wow. They ripped off Joe's harness design too?

If you still have coverage, have Jeep fix it.

Just Jed

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
John Deere
Oh, so this isn’t an original? Got it off Amazon, maybe that explains it. Where do I get Joe’s?
Sponsored