Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
So I am getting a Service Axle Locker message and the the light that goes with it from the rear axle of my JLUR. I already have bypassed the junk sensor about 35,000 miles ago. I thought that maybe the bypass harness had gone bad, so I ordered another one and installed it today. It did not fix the problem. I used the Tazer to clear the code and as soon as I attempt to turn the rear locker on, it send the message to service axle locker.

So any guidance on addressing this issue? What to look for what to do?

Big Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
Do you have the bypass device on both axles? Maybe the front locker is acting up now.

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Do you have the bypass device on both axles? Maybe the front locker is acting up now.
If I click just the rear locker it shows up. I also took the old bypass harness and put it on the front after trying it with out it on the front. Still got the same message.

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Are you under 60K miles on your Jeep? If so remove all your extras for the axle and take it to the dealer and you will get a brand new shiny rear axle I bet…lol

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
If I click just the rear locker it shows up. I also took the old bypass harness and put it on the front after trying it with out it on the front. Still got the same message.
Well crap, was hoping the front shorted out and caused the problem. Sounds like a factory locker harness issue now.

Sponsored

AuburnRubicon

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
theandypalys.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Professional User of Common Sense
I am having the same issue. The message was driving me nuts, so I resorted to disabling the rear locker in my Tazer. It's only a bandaid, and I really would like to know a fix. My axles are trussed with chromoly shafts, so I know a dealer won't touch it.

nsfw_andy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue JLUR Ecodiesel
I am having the same issue. The message was driving me nuts, so I resorted to disabling the rear locker in my Tazer. It's only a bandaid, and I really would like to know a fix. My axles are trussed with chromoly shafts, so I know a dealer won't touch it.
What if you bypass the factory locker switch entirely by running your own locker switch wiring to your own switches.
Sponsored