Sponsored

Xtreme Recon Package ( Worth the $$$ ) ?

Mikecoffman911

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry JLURXR
Occupation
Engineer/Builder/living a great life!!!!
Wonder if anyone who has a XR can chime in , on ride quality vs standard Rubi. Street & highway, that is.
Mine rides great on both street/highway and trails. Have not and will not do rock crawling so cannot comment on that. The height/lift seems to be spot on. Love the rig
Sponsored

NOIDEAWIAM

First Name
NICK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22JLU 392 XR, 21 Charger Hellcat Redeye
Mine rides great on both street/highway and trails. Have not and will not do rock crawling so cannot comment on that. The height/lift seems to be spot on. Love the rig
what is the point of getting it if you don't take it on the rocks?!?! This is what these things are built for.....

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
I don't see this package in the Jeep builder for a Willys.. did they change their mind? I figured they've had enough time to update it since the announcement.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
If ride is a key factor, a regular Rubicon with a Mopar lift, or a Dynatrac EnduroSport 2” lift, and 35-inch tires might just do the trick.
My 2021 jlur is this setup and imo it rides better than stock.

Drove it fully stock from September 19 2020 until July 6 2021. Put on the lift July 6 2021, and the wheels and tires were put on one week later on July 13 2021.

Dynatrac Endurosport
Teraflex 1/2” front coil spacers
Mopar front LCAs, 1/4” longer, more caster
17”x8.5” wheels, 4.5” backspace, -6mm offset
Bfg ko2 315/70r17 tires, load c, 32-35psi

I see eighth gear all the time on the highways unless it’s a noticeable incline and even on some city streets when speed is above 40mph so no issues there. Used tazer to change tire size from ~32.5” to 34.49” and speedometer is now exact with the Global Positioning System. I know this tire is slightly smaller than 34.49” when mounted but the speedometer/odometer calibration matters more to me than the exact true physical diameter.

Jeep Wrangler JL Xtreme Recon Package ( Worth the $$$ ) ? 7C527394-9489-49A7-B59F-8958449D5DC8
Jeep Wrangler JL Xtreme Recon Package ( Worth the $$$ ) ? 941C30F5-82E8-4604-ACA7-36451139967B

Sponsored

Mikecoffman911

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry JLURXR
Occupation
Engineer/Builder/living a great life!!!!
what is the point of getting it if you don't take it on the rocks?!?! This is what these things are built for.....
When you start filling my bank account you can pick my cars. What I do with my vehicles is kind of my business. Did not know there was an XR police group

NOIDEAWIAM

First Name
NICK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When you start filling my bank account you can pick my cars. What I do with my vehicles is kind of my business. Did not know there was an XR police group
I am not policing anyone. Just pointing out that these vehicles are designed for a purpose. I believe it is a waste of money to purchase something and not use it for what it is designed for.......you do you, I just don't see the point.

oldman

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited JL SS, ordered 2022 Rubicon XR
For me, it''ll be more than worth it. I plan to order an XR in March once my new comp numbers come in at work.

I live on the north side of Phoenix AZ and there are a ton of great trails in the area, Moab is a days drive a away too. I've already warned my wife about the amount of time we (or me) will be on the trails with it. She asked me what I'd do if she doesn't enjoy going off-road with me. I told her I"d leave her at home and go without her. :)
When you order your XR in March, what dealer are you going to use in the Phoenix area? I'm from the Tucson market and ordered my Rubicon XR from Bill Luke Jeep, 12/2021, and was told up front that the only added cost to MSRP would be at my choice ie., tinted windows, paint protection, vehicle tracking etc. I wanted only all windows tinted. Had to give a non-refundable deposit and initial the facts that there was no guarantee of shipping date, my options and price on the order, and the fees and reg. are estimates. Never used them before but had worse choices in Tucson. Good Luck and have alot of patience. PS prices were revised for 2022 Wranglers on 1/17/22.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase

Boogey

First Name
Rami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S 2021
I am not policing anyone. Just pointing out that these vehicles are designed for a purpose. I believe it is a waste of money to purchase something and not use it for what it is designed for.......you do you, I just don't see the point.
I'm not with you on this.
Ferraris ,lambos and Mclarens are designed for a purpose you would think, but people drive them the way THEY want, they are CAPABLE of tremendous speeds, but that is not what you should be doing with them every minute of every day , going 200MPH...you can go 40 anytime you want for as long as you want and never rev the engine hard.
Is it a waste of money to buy a Lambo and take it for a weekend drive cruising along the coast with the top down?No, that is how you enjoy it.

Same with that other members XR, you love how it looks and rides but i don't need to rock crawl to "enjoy" it or fulfill its destiny.

Sponsored

NOIDEAWIAM

First Name
NICK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ferraris ,lambos and Mclarens are designed for a purpose you would think, but people drive them the way THEY want, they are CAPABLE of tremendous speeds, but that is not what you should be doing with them every minute of every day , going 200MPH...you can go 40 anytime you want for as long as you want and never rev the engine hard.
Is it a waste of money to buy a Lambo and take it for a weekend drive cruising along the coast with the top down?No, that is how you enjoy it.

Same with that other members XR, you love how it looks and rides but i don't need to rock crawl to "enjoy" it or fulfill its destiny.
I understand that people do this, however, it is not what it was designed for. Personally, I would not buy one unless I were to push the limits of its capabilities as I do with anything I choose to purchase.

"Will I get the full value out of this or will I be wasting its potential and paying for more than what I will use?" this is what I ask when I get anything. From a washer and dryer to the Hellcat Redeye that I have. In my opinion, I do not see the value in purchasing something that has more capability than what you will attempt to use it for. I am simply saying that I do not see the point nor the value if it will not be used.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic

If someone spends a ton of money to buy a Lamborghini, or fill in the blank supercar, and never experience the acceleration or some degree of speed and handling that it is built for, yes I will laugh at them. And absolutely question their judgment and decision making abilities. Same as the fool who buys a dually Diesel and does not haul or tow with it.

track.n.trail

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Software Engineer
You can easily run 35s on a stock rubicon with the 2.0t or 3.6 without regearing. If you aren't going to use the capability of the XR, save yourself some money and go with the standard rubicon + a budget boost lift or the Dynatrac Endurosport and 35s.

nyvisual

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Rubicon
So because I have a Hellcat Challenger and don’t bring it to the track to race it, it’s a waste of money to own 😂 Same concept. Why can’t people buy what they want with others having to poke their opinions in there. If you want the XR get the XR. It’s only worth the amount someone is willing to pay. With that being said 392 XR on the way, and I won’t be crawling it but a few time per year, and I don’t care.
Sponsored