Sponsored

Xtreme Recon Package ( Worth the $$$ ) ?

musicforme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Rubicon X v6, Auto, Step-Assist Rock Rails
For me, it''ll be more than worth it. I plan to order an XR in March once my new comp numbers come in at work.

I live on the north side of Phoenix AZ and there are a ton of great trails in the area, Moab is a days drive a away too. I've already warned my wife about the amount of time we (or me) will be on the trails with it. She asked me what I'd do if she doesn't enjoy going off-road with me. I told her I"d leave her at home and go without her. :)

OP
OP
dshark1

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
Wonder if anyone who has a XR can chime in , on ride quality vs standard Rubi. Street & highway, that is.

OP
OP
dshark1

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
If ride is a key factor, a regular Rubicon with a Mopar lift, or a Dynatrac EnduroSport 2” lift, and 35-inch tires might just do the trick.
I am just Wondering the difference, if any between the 2. XR vs non-XR Rubi

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
My understanding is the XR suspension uses the same Rubicon shocks, which are fine but are not the best out there.

Other than that, XR includes a beefier front axle, 4.56 gears, those fender lips, tail light extensions, etc.

The beefier front axle is a benefit if you plan to get 37s. The 4.56 gears are nice, no doubt, but there are tens of thousands of Rubicon owners running 35s on the stock 4.10 gears without issue. I owned two JK Rubicons that ran on 35s with the 4.10 gears and drove absolutely fine.

The Dynatrac EnduroSport 2” lift has been getting excellent reviews. Especially among those who daily drive their Jeeps.

I’m not on the market, but that’d probably be my preferred choice. This way I could get my choice of powertrain, wheels and tires. I’d add a pair of long Mopar control arms and I’d be all set!

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Even at $6k because they force you into the 3.6 it's still worth it assuming you'll stay with Dana 44's.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
FWIW, my 2018 JKUR Recon came with a beefed-up front D44: I didn't quite like it. It drove a bit like a tractor to be honest... 😫

Everything in life is a tradeoff...
Jeep Wrangler JL Xtreme Recon Package ( Worth the $$$ ) ? 1643046737891

Jeep Wrangler JL Xtreme Recon Package ( Worth the $$$ ) ? 1643046610469

EZPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
For what it's worth .. I got the XR Rubicon package and love it. I am doing regular jeep trails this summer ( Moab, Alpine Loop, etc) . I like the V6, nice and smooth, plenty of power. Never driven the 2.0 to compare. .

I did one off road trail in the snow in MN (spider lake) and it performed awesome ..

Also, why don't you order from Gupton motors and save a bunch of money? Maybe after the discount your technically only paying $3800 or something, worth pricing it out. . .
Would that be Spider Lake in Chisago MN, or Spider Lake Trails in Foot Hills State Forest?

Sponsored

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
Wonder if anyone who has a XR can chime in , on ride quality vs standard Rubi. Street & highway, that is.
I have only a very limited frame of reference, but I noticed no real difference in ride quality, it’s noticeably taller, but ride seemed about the same. That said, I only test drove the non XR, I’ve never owned a JL rubicon other than my XR.

I will say, the power/torque seems better, might be down to gearing, and again, I don’t have much seat time in a non-XR JL, but I feel like my XR has noticeably more pull than the other 6cyl models I drove.

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
I'll be ordering a Willys XR as soon as Gobi drops. I think the XR package is an unbelievable value for those of us that want the beefier axles, bigger brakes, small lift, and 35" tires, but don't want a Rubicon.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I'll be ordering a Willys XR as soon as Gobi drops. I think the XR package is an unbelievable value for those of us that want the beefier axles, bigger brakes, small lift, and 35" tires, but don't want a Rubicon.
I agree.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
OMG a Sarge Green Willys XR with the Sun and Sound package...looks awesome; it gets me drooling...!

I’m a Sahara guy but that would get me to switch in a second!

Here’s one Jeep has been parading with half doors...
Jeep Wrangler JL Xtreme Recon Package ( Worth the $$$ ) ? 1643048445527

Jeep Wrangler JL Xtreme Recon Package ( Worth the $$$ ) ? 1643048539682

Perhaps when the 2023 redesign shows up...
Sponsored