Wrangler Diesel Engine Questions

reost1

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2022 Rubicon
I have the Banks Derringer and Pedal Monster and Tazer in my JLUR Ecodiesel. No problem at all. If you like the Pedal Monster get the Derringer. You will not believe the difference. I just installed an AFE Power Cold Air Intake today. Once I got everything right, loong story there, I took it out to see what it would do. With the Pedal Monster at Maximum Track mode, the Derringer at 6, I set the Tazer to clock a 0-60 and ran 7.92! Not bad for an off road box!
Are you saying that there was no communication errors when you ran all three? Even banks told me that I was unable to run all three together. This is great. I look forward to hearing more.
Sponsored

Kurt R.

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler eco diesel
I have the Derringer Banks tuner that gives me 57 more horsepower and 73 more torque in addition I also have the pedal monster. My question was is there a way to run the Tazer JL with these in place. I opted for the performance of the Bank's system rather than the Tazer JL which is fantastic but only offers a few mods nothing performance-wise. But would love to have both.
Have all three. Tazer mini. Banks and oedal. Eco deisel. All good.

Kurt R.

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler eco diesel
I have the Banks Derringer and Pedal Monster and Tazer in my JLUR Ecodiesel. No problem at all. If you like the Pedal Monster get the Derringer. You will not believe the difference. I just installed an AFE Power Cold Air Intake today. Once I got everything right, loong story there, I took it out to see what it would do. With the Pedal Monster at Maximum Track mode, the Derringer at 6, I set the Tazer to clock a 0-60 and ran 7.92! Not bad for an off road box!
Please tell me and help ! Im at the same point. Can not get my engine light to stop coming on. 20-40 miles. Im certain its the AFE intake. So frustrated!! Did AFR intake first. Light in. Checked for leaks. Tight fit. Sensir falure. Little tube thingy. This that. Then got tuner banks and pedal and Idash. Get u1514 87 code or something like that. Cant get it to go away!!

Wrangler man

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUAD
Clubs

Please tell me and help ! Im at the same point. Can not get my engine light to stop coming on. 20-40 miles. Im certain its the AFE intake. So frustrated!! Did AFR intake first. Light in. Checked for leaks. Tight fit. Sensir falure. Little tube thingy. This that. Then got tuner banks and pedal and Idash. Get u1514 87 code or something like that. Cant get it to go away!!
Personally I never heard anything that was noteworthy or substantial in swapping out foraftermarket air intakes. I'm certain if it was needed or proven to be better than the OEM, Bank's would have a kit for one. I would personally go straight back to OEM return that or throw that s*** in the trash.

Reactions: GtX

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Personally I never heard anything that was noteworthy or substantial in swapping out foraftermarket air intakes. I'm certain if it was needed or proven to be better than the OEM, Bank's would have a kit for one. I would personally go straight back to OEM return that or throw that s*** in the trash.
Agreed.

Aftermarket air intakes are good for two things: enhanced intake sound and underhood bling, both of which can be appealing - been there myself. But...if you are looking for power (even the tiniest smidge), look elsewhere.
Sponsored