Would you prefer a key ignition?

Gangplank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys 4dr
Build Thread
Link
I currently have a BMW with keyless entry & push button, and the wife has a Mini with proximity & push button. She loves the proximity b/c of the purse/backpack thing. personally I still find it easy to just use the fob to lock/unlock and then put it back in my pocket.

Would I like proximity/comfort access, sure. Would I pay extra for it, nope. But I never want to own a car without the push button start.
Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Couldn’t care less... it doesn’t make my Rubicon less effective off-road. On principle I usually prefer the simpler option but jeeps are 21st century vehicles now; even if it were turn-key there would still be the possibility of failure because computer.

trouphaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited
But if it auto locked, wouldn’t you still hit the lock button 5 times on the key fob until it honks at you multiple times?

You know, just to be sure it’s locked :CWL:
i love how quickly the jeep responds with a beep. my wife's car has a slight delay which makes it hard to beep out "Shave and a haircut, two bits" on my way into the house.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
If I had to do over again I would have gotten proximity entry and the 8.4, my son had the proximity on his Rubicon and rarely took the fob out

Sponsored

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
No! It’s 2019, What’s next, y’all gonna wanna bring back the 8trac player.

J-Gator

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara with Power Top
I changed it to honk only on second push. The locking mechanism is loud enough. Lol

i love how quickly the jeep responds with a beep. my wife's car has a slight delay which makes it hard to beep out "Shave and a haircut, two bits" on my way into the house.

noswttea4u

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
I changed it to honk only on second push. The locking mechanism is loud enough. Lol
Same! I'm not a fan of the honk when it locks. I just push the button on the handle when I get out. The only time the fob isn't in my pocket is if it falls out.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
for me, having the base model, manual lock, and push start doesnt bother me one bit. for some reason, the push start button is easier then fiddling with the key.. i dont know if its the location of the ignition or what. either way, its fun to watch my brother unlock the door with the keys and looking for the key ignition, not realizing the push start.

Sponsored

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Never owned something with either until the JL. I always thought push button was weird but now that I have proximity and push button its pretty damn nice. I love not having to fumble for keys.

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
I would not prefer a key ignition.... I love the keyless for ME.

For my wife on the other hand they vanish. I end up dragging her coat and purse to her vehicle to get in and start it. I rarely get a visual on said fob, but it must exist because the vehicle continues to start when a purse or coat is nearby.

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
I’m super outdoorsy (mtn biking, hiking, skiing and snowshoeing, etc). My keys go into a zippered pocket of my pack, and the luxury of not having to go looking for them (especially in the winter) is LOVELY. The only thing I don’t like about proximity entry is my habit of checking the door after I lock it. That just doesn’t work at all. LOL But turning the key? I suppose you get used to pushing a button, but the turning of a key can definitely be a comfort thing for some.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I would not prefer a key ignition.... I love the keyless for ME.

For my wife on the other hand they vanish. I end up dragging her coat and purse to her vehicle to get in and start it. I rarely get a visual on said fob, but it must exist because the vehicle continues to start when a purse or coat is nearby.
This is so true:like: My husband now grabs my backpack/purse. He doesn't bother looking for the FOB any more:giggle: