worst gas mileage?

signals34

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
just wondering what the low end for fuel mileage... 3.6 engine,6 sp manual.....mine is 13.6 mpg, but i drive it pretty hard....
Sponsored

BlackRook

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!
Interesting, I'm getting pretty consistent 16.5mpg with 90/10 city/highway on stock KO2's. I've been unable to get below 14.5mpg in pure city driving, dropping the hammer pretty hard. Had to work to go that low. But that was with the auto, so that's probably making the difference.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Mine started off horrible but has progressively gotten better.

I was initially getting around 10 MPG. Now I'm getting 16-18 mpg with mixed driving.

3.6 auto. 40s, lifted etc.

Sponsored

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting, I'm getting pretty consistent 16.5mpg with 90/10 city/highway on stock KO2's. I've been unable to get below 14.5mpg in pure city driving, dropping the hammer pretty hard. Had to work to go that low. But that was with the auto, so that's probably making the difference.
I'm close to the same mpg's as BR. It's at approx. 17 right now. I'm only right at 200 miles on the odo, so if it gets better as time goes that will be a plus. If not, I'm happy with it where it is now. I really didn't expect that much.

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
I get around 10.5 tooling around the hunting lease every morning in 4wd. 2-10 mph. Mostly high range, but some low. Running my dogs.
I’ve yet to see below 21 for any significant period on road. Average 24+. I’m pretty easy on the foot feed.
Gotta stomp it now and then. Seems to be 5-7 during full burnout turbo launch. It’s worth it though!
I reset the mpg readout all the time. I’m kinda obsessed with it and tire pressure. Not sure why...

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Started with 16mpg, switched to a good synthetic oil and it went to 18mpg. Got a couple thousand miles on it now and its at 19.3mpg average with mixed driving.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Have a '19 JLR with the 2.0 turbo, totally stock with K02s at 38 psi. Worst tank so far was 17.6. Averaging 20.2 now. It's going up slightly every fill up. Probably due to the summer blends of gas. Totally flat, no elevation changes. Probably 75% city and 25% highway. A lot of bumper to bumper traffic. I think quality of fuel has as much to do with MPG as driving style. How much ethanol, winter blends, summer blends, etc can have a effect on milage.

Sponsored

JeepTime

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I’ve only filled up twice since I got mine, first tank did 13.5 second tank 12.8. I don’t drive that heavy footed so I don’t know why it’s so low. Flat sea level driving (FL) 3.6 Rubicon 4 door with auto. However it’s still an improvement over my previous daily H3 Alpha, I never averaged above 12mpg and my H1 is abysmal on gas so this seems great, just wish it was closer to the estimated MPG. Both were within 0.1 of hand calculated mileage

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Some say that hand calculation is more accurate than the onboard computer.
I’m sure they’re right, IF they get the tank exactly as full the second time as it was the first. Not so much if not.
The JL tank is finicky about taking fuel onboard.
If you’re going to random pumps at random stations with random driveway angles, and trusting clickoff, I wonder if you’re getting results as accurate as you think.
The computer may not be perfectly accurate, but I am inclined to think it’s consistent.

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Have a '19 JLR with the 2.0 turbo, totally stock with K02s at 38 psi. Worst tank so far was 17.6. Averaging 20.2 now. It's going up slightly every fill up. Probably due to the summer blends of gas. Totally flat, no elevation changes. Probably 75% city and 25% highway. A lot of bumper to bumper traffic. I think quality of fuel has as much to do with MPG as driving style. How much ethanol, winter blends, summer blends, etc can have a effect on milage.
Could not agree more regarding fuel quality’s influence. Good point.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Some say that hand calculation is more accurate than the onboard computer.
I’m sure they’re right, IF they get the tank exactly as full the second time as it was the first. Not so much if not.
The JL tank is finicky about taking fuel onboard.
If you’re going to random pumps at random stations with random driveway angles, and trusting clickoff, I wonder if you’re getting results as accurate as you think.
The computer may not be perfectly accurate, but I am inclined to think it’s consistent.
It works fine unless you have the acc on and no engine running, I think it counts the time ignition is on.
Sponsored