worst gas mileage?

JeepTime

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
It works fine unless you have the acc on and no engine running, I think it counts the time ignition is on.
It does not. Take a look at the instant fuel economy screen on the dash. It totally dashes out displays nothing, as opposed to idling with engine running where you see 0
Sponsored

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
It does not. Take a look at the instant fuel economy screen on the dash. It totally dashes out displays nothing, as opposed to idling with engine running where you see 0
On the A/B odometer I thought I saw the timer still running.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Could not agree more regarding fuel quality’s influence. Good point.
I am in the corn belt. Ethanol might play a role also. Here in IL it's near impossible to find gas without ethanol.

I have the remote starter. I suspect winter blend gas and extended warm up periods during winter both have a role in diminished MPG. That and longer warm up for engine oils, transmission fluids, driveline fluids. Additional friction from lower tire pressures from cold temps also.

I run A/C all summer. It will be interesting to see what average summer MPG are like?

My overall MPG for my JLR 2.0T is a LOT better then both of my previous Wranglers. My '97 2.5L auto TJ averaged about 14-15 MPG. My '15 automatic JK Freedom Edition averaged about 17-18MPG. My JLR 2.0 turbo is right around 20 MPG now and slowly improving. And it's a hell of a LOT more powerful, faster, and fun. The 8-speed automatic works great. Like I said, mine is a Rubicon with the higher gearing. A Sport and Sahara should get better MPG then my Rubicon. Not too bad for a BRICK on wheels. lol.

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 1968 CJ5
Some say that hand calculation is more accurate than the onboard computer.
I’m sure they’re right, IF they get the tank exactly as full the second time as it was the first. Not so much if not.
The JL tank is finicky about taking fuel onboard.
If you’re going to random pumps at random stations with random driveway angles, and trusting clickoff, I wonder if you’re getting results as accurate as you think.
The computer may not be perfectly accurate, but I am inclined to think it’s consistent.
My dash computer is consistently about 0.5 mpg more optimistic than the hand calculation. Others here have said something similar, but yrmv. Different gas stations with different slopes may make a difference with 1-2 tanks' calculations, but if you're always paying attention to it, the average will be the same if spread over many tanks.

Sponsored

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 1968 CJ5
I am in the corn belt. ...
I suspect winter blend gas and extended warm up periods during winter both have a role in diminished MPG. That and longer warm up for engine oils, transmission fluids, driveline fluids. Additional friction from lower tire pressures from cold temps also.
Don't forget driving through snow in 4wd.

Not too bad for a BRICK on wheels. lol.
No s***!

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
My dash computer is consistently about 0.5 mpg more optimistic than the hand calculation. Others here have said something similar, but yrmv. Different gas stations with different slopes may make a difference with 1-2 tanks' calculations, but if you're always paying attention to it, the average will be the same if spread over many tanks.

Ok. I’m really good with 0.5 mpg discrepancy. I’ll skip the record-keeping and calculation, and just go with the computer.

Rural Applachia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Rubicon Unlimited 2018 JLU Sport S
I get around 20 MPG with limited traffic on our Sport S now not nearly that for our 2005 Rubicon

Newdeal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
I’m getting 21.7 over about 1300 miles, mostly highway, ess off, a/c on part time. Stock Sahara with AT tires.

Sponsored

MarkA527

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
2019 JLu sport s was at 21 mpg with stock tires — swapped them out with 35x12.50x18 — now down to 16 mpg lol this is why my wife drives it to work her ride is only 9 miles

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

i avr about 18 high way and 14 city right now. have a sport with Rubicon take suspension, with rubi rims and the MT 33's. really need to regear to 4.10's. Sport is terrible with the stock 3.45 gearing with the 6 speed.

Jgeiken

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I was getting a solid 7mpg pulling my camper last week... :(

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Ok. I’m really good with 0.5 mpg discrepancy. I’ll skip the record-keeping and calculation, and just go with the computer.
I've seen similar... the computer is consistently a bit more optimistic than reality. But sometimes reality sucks... plus I have a tendency towards self delusion (that's why I think my Jeep will never have any problems!). So I'll pretend that the computer is reality :like:

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
My dash MPG seems to be pretty close to calculated MPG especially over several fills. At 7300 miles on the trip meter I'm hitting 20.3 MPG. JLUR with 3.6 and auto. I usually drive 60-70 on the highway and don't run to hard when off the pavement. I do run a fair amount of low range. Most of the milage is around town stuff. I'd say 15% highway, 15% off pavement and 70% around town.
Sponsored