Wish list for things Tazer Mini

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
just got this yesterday, so barely even got to play with it yet, but did LED swap and have had no issues so far with it.... anything you wish it could do, besides the obvious with adding a bunch of HP, that it doesn't offer???

I wish I could disable the horn honk when locking the car with the key fob....didn't see that as an option?

BTW, noticed it came as 11.2.1 version....is anything missing compared to the newest update? I tried updating before I installed it, but seemed to be a PITA with my MacBook and I was impatient, so I just installed it so I could get my lights installed
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I wish I could disable the horn honk when locking the car with the key fob....didn't see that as an option?
You don't need a Tazer to control that. It's in your Uconnect settings:

Jeep Wrangler JL Wish list for things Tazer Mini 1620824647957

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@SoCal

It is a good idea to keep the firmware updated. Joe @ Zautomotive, along with adding new features, also tweaks/fixes, etc. features as needed with each new firmware release.

Since you have a Mac computer it is especially important that you unmarry your Tazer JL before you do a firmware update.

Ospreyfe55

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
just got this yesterday, so barely even got to play with it yet, but did LED swap and have had no issues so far with it.... anything you wish it could do, besides the obvious with adding a bunch of HP, that it doesn't offer???

BTW, noticed it came as 11.2.1 version....is anything missing compared to the newest update? I tried updating before I installed it, but seemed to be a PITA with my MacBook and I was impatient, so I just installed it so I could get my lights installed
I would unmarry the Tazer and update it. Joe just released 11.2.6 Beta 7 which I have been running for a little while now with no issues. I also created a little cheat sheet since the manual is a little hard to read and seems to be a little out of order. I made it from a word document and even made a booklet style to keep in the glove box. I too also use a MacBook to update my device. I just set up the software and let it run. I let it do its thing for about 10-15mins and all is good.

As far as wish list goes, I wish i had the option to on/close the windows from the keyfob (ZAutomotive already does this with the Tazer Ram Model!). I also wish that once the changes have been made they would stay that way in the system even after unmarrying it, for example adding the Aux Switches. You can activate them but once you unmarry the Tazer, that option is not longer there, wish it was like the way the dealer charges you to unlock this item.

Here is that cheat sheet if you want it.

joe@zauto is it possible to get the same option as the Ram Tazer in regards to opening/closing windows from the Keyfob?

Attachments

Sponsored

OP
OP
SoCal

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
I would unmarry the Tazer and update it. Joe just released 11.2.6 Beta 7 which I have been running for a little while now with no issues. I also created a little cheat sheet since the manual is a little hard to read and seems to be a little out of order. I made it from a word document and even made a booklet style to keep in the glove box. I too also use a MacBook to update my device. I just set up the software and let it run. I let it do its thing for about 10-15mins and all is good.

As far as wish list goes, I wish i had the option to on/close the windows from the keyfob (ZAutomotive already does this with the Tazer Ram Model!). I also wish that once the changes have been made they would stay that way in the system even after unmarrying it, for example adding the Aux Switches. You can activate them but once you unmarry the Tazer, that option is not longer there, wish it was like the way the dealer charges you to unlock this item.

joe@zauto is it possible to get the same option as the Ram Tazer in regards to opening/closing windows from the Keyfob?
so after you unmarry it and update it, you have to go back in and make all the changes again?

also, is there new options with every update?

agree with the windows idea

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

so after you unmarry it and update it, you have to go back in and make all the changes again?
Yes. Even if you just unmarry without updating.

Usually. That's why it's an update. :)

Ospreyfe55

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon

agree with the windows idea
If you go to the support section on Zautomotives website, you can go through the firmware and it will list what changes were made from the last and so on. Lots of goodies in there like winch mode, cooldown mode, Line Lock and Rock Crawl. I have the turn cam set to on and its awesome especially in traffic(Helps with the Blindspots) and I also use the Brake hold at almost every stop light. I have had it a few times release the brake pressure but I just reset the pedal and all is good. I am confident that the brake hold will get adjust as its been on the last 2 beta firmware updates. You dont have to use the beta, the latest firmware that is not the beta is 11.2.5 But you will see he has added alot more features to the beta and always need customers to try them out to give him and his engineers feedback on what works and what doesn't.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR

That’s an awesome list.
I agree the tazer manual needs to be more detailed for some of the settings because otherwise one has no idea what they do, especially in the Lighting section. For example, what do DRL Dropout, Fog Dropout, and One-Touch do?

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Sponsored

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
DRL Drop-out is where the DRLs turn off when the turn signals are activated. DRL dropout is enabled by default.

Fog Drop-out is where the fog lights turn off when high beams are activated. Default setting is enabled.

One-Touch is the setting for the turn signals, whereby 1 press activates the 3 blinks. This feature is enabled by default.
Thank you for clarifying. I have to try DRL dropout again because that is exactly what I thought it does but I enabled it months ago and the fender LEDs would still turn off when the turn signals would be used. I’ll have to try it again and see if it works this time.

Skippy477

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
I'd love to be able to open the Sky One-Touch Roof from the fob. Also on the 4xe, it would be great to be able to save the last drive mode you used so that it is automatically selected the next time you start the ignition.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I'd love to be able to open the Sky One-Touch Roof from the fob. Also on the 4xe, it would be great to be able to save the last drive mode you used so that it is automatically selected the next time you start the ignition.
The new tazer firmware released on may 11 added support for 4xe:
  • Added support for Wrangler 4XE, including changed Full Reboot changes
  • Added Max Regen button memory for 4XE
So the max regen setting will now be stored. I am pretty optimistic that saving the drive mode setting will be a future addition to the list of tazer features.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
On the other hand, I wouldn’t be too hopeful about the sky one touch operation using the fob because the tazerJL does not even have the ability to open/close windows using the fob yet.

SpaceCase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
Mapping to the SOS and Assist buttons so I can use them for something worthwhile!
Sponsored