Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys 2 Door Manual.
Occupation
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
You post is a tad hard to understand...

+32 windshield washer fluid will freeze if temps dip below 32 degrees for an extended time frame.

In colder climate areas +32 degree washer fluid will in fact freeze in the wiper hoses and in the windshield washer reservoir.

-20 and -40 windshield fluid is readily available and should be in the windshield washer system in the Wintertime if the vehicle will reside in / or visit locales where temps dip below freezing... below 32 degrees.
I have actually never seen any fluid with an above freezing designation. In Canada its called Summer washer fluid. It has solvents in it to dissolve bug guts, tree sap and helps with streaking. Any washer fluid is methanol based and can be used below freezing. It isn't as effective when the temp really dips. ( not the stuff in Texas, Louisiana right now. Really cold! -30 cold) Then you will have problems when you drive. Like freezing on the window.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I have actually never seen any fluid with an above freezing designation. In Canada its called Summer washer fluid. It has solvents in it to dissolve bug guts, tree sap and helps with streaking. Any washer fluid is methanol based and can be used below freezing. It isn't as effective when the temp really dips. ( not the stuff in Texas, Louisiana right now. Really cold! -30 cold) Then you will have problems when you drive. Like freezing on the window.
Jeep Wrangler JL Windshield washer fluid. 417TNIEx3OL._AC_
Jeep Wrangler JL Windshield washer fluid. 1671906143970
Jeep Wrangler JL Windshield washer fluid. 41D+TRs1yhL._AC_

Sponsored

Packnbeer

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2-Door
if its not distilled, it will trip the light for sure. your welcome

jromanmd

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Don’t let these jokers who make silly comments bother you. Personally I think it’s a valid question.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
In all seriousness I was shocked how quickly mine ran out of fluid.
I have the opposite takeaway: I'm glad the reservoir is as large as it is. The nozzles are spraying two large fans of fluid at the volume and force required to cover the distance from the middle of the hood to the windscreen as quickly as possible.

I don't ration my use of the washer function, but I am also careful to check the reservoir level no less frequently than every Saturday morning when I attend to the other fluid checks on our vehicles. On those days when the traveling will be through truly sloppy road conditions, I'll sometimes carry a gallon of washer fluid in the vehicle as a failsafe.

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Also make sure to change summer air to winter air in your tires for safe winter driving! :giggle:
I have the opposite takeaway: I'm glad the reservoir is as large as it is. The nozzles are spraying two large fans of fluid at the volume and force required to cover the distance from the middle of the hood to the windscreen as quickly as possible.

I don't ration my use of the washer function, but I am also careful to check the reservoir level no less frequently than every Saturday morning when I attend to the other fluid checks on our vehicles. On those days when the traveling will be through truly sloppy road conditions, I'll sometimes carry a gallon of washer fluid in the vehicle as a failsafe.
i ordered a gallon of bugs begone concentrate and mix according to directions for windshield washing fluid on the side of the gallon about two once’s per gal works fantastic. The concentrate has lasted so far for two years. Also wet your vehicle then spray on bugs. Watch them melt. It’s water activated. Here not worried about freezing. Can’t say that for last two days.
Sponsored