Windshield washer fluid.

Gron86

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
The windshield washer fluid light came on my Jeep a few days ago. I have never used the washer fluid, Jeep
Only has 1300 miles. Don’t really want to make a service appt. just to refill the washer fluid, even tho it should have been done at the dealer prior to delivery.
My question is, does Chrysler require a special type of fluid ? Or will any brand do.
Sponsored

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
The windshield washer fluid light came on my Jeep a few days ago. I have never used the washer fluid, Jeep
Only has 1300 miles. Don’t really want to make a service appt. just to refill the washer fluid, even tho it should have been done at the dealer prior to delivery.
My question is, does Chrysler require a special type of fluid ? Or will any brand do.
the dollar ones at your local auto parts store should be fine. i don't think Chrysler has a specific type.

Todkavonic

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moto Guzzi, Ducati, BMW, Lincoln, Land Rover
I'd be more concerned about why your light came on. Where's it leaking or is there an electrical issue or is someone sneaking into your Jeep and using up all your fluid? Oh and any washer fluid is fine, it's not like turn signal fluid which is a Mopar-specific product. Just make sure to properly orient the washer fluid filter when you put it back and to always torque the washer fluid reclamation receptacle bolts to 30nm. You do 40 and you'll have a mess.

vtech243

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL & BMW X3 M40i
I'd be more concerned about why your light came on. Where's it leaking or is there an electrical issue or is someone sneaking into your Jeep and using up all your fluid? Oh and any washer fluid is fine, it's not like turn signal fluid which is a Mopar-specific product. Just make sure to properly orient the washer fluid filter when you put it back and to always torque the washer fluid reclamation receptacle bolts to 30nm. You do 40 and you'll have a mess.
:cwl:

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
Use non-OEM brand washer fluid will generally decrease you mpg by 1 or 2, I always use factory washer fluid like a religion!

Joke aside, any washer fluid will do fine, Wrangler does not need to be babied.

Sponsored

ashg2000

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
I had the same issue. Windshield washer fluid was just not topped up and was in-fact almost finished at the time of delivery.

Ohwillyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ 2019 2DR JL Hellayella Rubicon (ORDERED 9/12/18)
Vehicle Showcase
If you got the LED package make sure you use OEM blinker fluid..lol

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Gron86

In all seriousness, YES, you can have issues in regard to windshield washer fluid.

Guys/gals that live in areas that have below freezing temps in the Winter need to use a windshield washer fluid that is rated for say -20 or -30 degrees. It's important to get the Summer Windshield Washer Fluid that is rated for +32 degrees out of the washer lines when Wintertime comes.
You get the +32 degree stuff out and the -20/-30 degree stuff in. Nowadays you can buy/use fluid that is aok to use for any season. That fluid is usually a tad bit pricier..

Now, for those in states that never see temps, drop below freezing, well they are not faced with the above..

DO KNOW, that you can often get into trouble mixing different types / brands of Windshield Washer Fluid. Mixing the wrong combo can cause blockage in nozzles and in fluid lines... IF you are going to be fooling with different brands, you might be wise to finish up with one and then fill with another... And no, you do not need to use Mopar brand / OEM washer fluid.

Firecracker18

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Jeep, Honda Lawnmower
Occupation
Commercial Insurance
Quick question - anyone know which models come with the light? Owners manual just says "if equipped". I'm guessing the higher end models like Rubicon and Sahara only(?). And why would I want a light? Because it's kind of one of those things that gets used a lot in the winter but not one of those things you really think about until it's gone and you're driving along and getting plastered and no way to clean it.